Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Temps are all over. What's causing it ?

Thanks

Tents in my bed room, what would be a way rou d this issue ? I'm not really near a window, stuck for idea here without buying an expensive led lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LethallMonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LethallMonkey View Post
    Tents in my bed room, what would be a way rou d this issue ? I'm not really near a window, stuck for idea here without buying an expensive led lol

Is the ballast not dimmable ?
    I never go in with the big lights until the plants have some growth to them.
    Maybe looks at at a 96w t5 or a 200w cfl for early stage vegging in the future.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-22), MonsterEnergy (12-11-22)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

T5's are cheap, last for years and work really well for early stage veg up until week 4 or so

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (12-11-22), GEORGE (12-11-22), Mart the Elder (12-11-22)

Thanks

Lest we forget indeed. Don't know you but nice one.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mart the Elder For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (12-11-22), GEORGE (12-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
    Also bud just a question, how much room is there between the top of your light and the top of your tent? Is there room enough for the heat to dissipate from the top of your light and air flow for it to cool off? Sorry if its good, just looks really high
    I usually hang my 400 watt HPS lamp anywhere between 12" to 21" from the plants depending on where they are growth wise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-22)

Thanks

Didn’t you have a small led light before you put this hps in ? Another way you may lower ur tents is to extract from the top of ur temp above your light ( at least 12” above ) and have you got ur exhaust vent going out the window or just into the room ? If it’s just into the room you’ll struggle to get ur temps down because the air that’s going on the tent is already “ stale “ and ur just re-circulating the same stale air. Either exhaust ur air out the window/door/air brick or pull ur fresh air from the window and duct it to one of the inlets on ur tent. You want to keep ur air flow ( in/out) as separate as possible. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pollenmanandy
    peace out

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pollenmanandy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-22), LethallMonkey (12-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pollenmanandy View Post
    Didn’t you have a small led light before you put this hps in ? Another way you may lower ur tents is to extract from the top of ur temp above your light ( at least 12” above ) and have you got ur exhaust vent going out the window or just into the room ? If it’s just into the room you’ll struggle to get ur temps down because the air that’s going on the tent is already “ stale “ and ur just re-circulating the same stale air. Either exhaust ur air out the window/door/air brick or pull ur fresh air from the window and duct it to one of the inlets on ur tent. You want to keep ur air flow ( in/out) as separate as possible. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I had a little led above them that packed in lol, so had no option other than to use this. Yeah the air is just going into the room, thunk I'll have to move it as I'll struggle to get fresh air in where its place atm, other option I'm thinking is buying the 700w LED, that will elimate heating issues but will the yield be as decent

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LethallMonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-22)

Thanks

Finally seem to have sorted it, went and bought a cool tube and ducting to duct the heat straight to the window. Temps seem to sit at 24 now. Hopefully that will do the trick

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LethallMonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-22), mpsj (13-11-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2