Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dilemma, rot at week 7

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,743 Times

We cleaned this at the beginning of summer and as you can see they get funky as hell pretty quick. If you have a fan blowing on it and the mold has made its way to the outer surfaces of the rez it may be something to look at. You keep your space tidy so i imagine it may have piggy backed in on something

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6CE8F964-68BC-4AE5-8CDB-03BD53C0DCFD.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	432760
    Last edited by Shaun; 19-11-22 at 10:26 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

barney_b (20-11-22), GEORGE (19-11-22), MonsterEnergy (19-11-22)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

id cut the molded buds off now, and finish the rest of the plant(s)
    its a fungus and those spores can and will spread at lights off if they get the chance
    a rH% of no higher than <45% during late flower is highly recommend

shaded buds can also get mold, shaded from light or breeze

i know it's not gonna apply to you but a 600w finishing bulb is UV output, UV Light helps kill mold spores so it won't spread,
    also be sure to sterilize the walls and floors/pots in your grow room so you don't get the same problem on your next grow

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

B1unt (20-11-22), barney_b (20-11-22), GEORGE (19-11-22), LewisR19 (19-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    id cut the molded buds off now, and finish the rest of the plant(s)
    its a fungus and those spores can and will spread at lights off if they get the chance
    a rH% of no higher than <45% during late flower is highly recommend

shaded buds can also get mold, shaded from light or breeze

i know it's not gonna apply to you but a 600w finishing bulb is UV output, UV Light helps kill mold spores so it won't spread,
    also be sure to sterilize the walls and floors/pots in your grow room so you don't get the same problem on your next grow
    Thanks mate, all mouldy buds have been snipped off and binned. I’m unlucky with it but luckily I’ve caught it at the very start. Il go set the dehumidifier as low as it can go and hope for the very best.

I just don’t want it to get any worse so should I chop soon as or try ride it out?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

B1unt (20-11-22), barney_b (20-11-22), GEORGE (19-11-22), MonsterEnergy (19-11-22)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

mold starts from the inside so there could be more or you might have removed it all already,
    unfortunately it is a mold and those spores ''botrytis'' spread very easily

but with a rH under 45% those spores cant survive ro infect other sites, its totally your call on what to do but you might be all good now
    it really is hard to tell, best of luck with the remaining buds, have my fingers crossed 4u

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

B1unt (20-11-22), barney_b (20-11-22), Bethmeg (20-11-22), GEORGE (19-11-22), LewisR19 (19-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times
    Provided Answers: 20

Bad luck Lewis,

I’ve just had a similar situation.I removed the buds in question and carried on another week or so.

I was surprised that I didn’t come across more at harvest,I reduced watering to the bare minimum for that last week,seems to have helped a tad.Maybe try that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B1unt (20-11-22), barney_b (20-11-22), GEORGE (20-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,066 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Are you flushing, or have you cut out Cal-Mag / calcium?
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (20-11-22), GEORGE (20-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    Are you flushing, or have you cut out Cal-Mag / calcium?
    No I haven’t started flushing as of yet, yes cut out calmag in veg why mate

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

B1unt (20-11-22), barney_b (20-11-22), GEORGE (20-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    No I haven’t started flushing as of yet, yes cut out calmag in veg why mate
    I was listening to something* a bit too technical to repeat accurately but the just of it was along the lines of "if you're actively flushing a plant, such as watering it to run off with plain water for a week towards the end of the grow, you starve the plant of calcium which is used in the production of cell walls which makes it susceptible to rot." There was then correspondence about how this is obviously bad at the end of flower when the buds are large & how you also shouldn't cut out cal-mag in flower for the same reason.

I was wondering if you'd just cut the cal-mag out & it was a reaction to that?

*I think it might have been Nik from Rooted Leaf nutrients on Growcast last week...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (21-11-22), GEORGE (20-11-22), LewisR19 (20-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    I was listening to something* a bit too technical to repeat accurately but the just of it was along the lines of "if you're actively flushing a plant, such as watering it to run off with plain water for a week towards the end of the grow, you starve the plant of calcium which is used in the production of cell walls which makes it susceptible to rot." There was then correspondence about how this is obviously bad at the end of flower when the buds are large & how you also shouldn't cut out cal-mag in flower for the same reason.

I was wondering if you'd just cut the cal-mag out & it was a reaction to that?

*I think it might have been Nik from Rooted Leaf nutrients on Growcast last week...

That’s a first from me but very interesting indeed thanks for that!

Hopefully I’m in the all clear now, I’ve raised temps a little while dropping humidity under 50%. Should see me out for another week or two

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-22)

Thanks

Have you reintroduced calcium?

After listening back to that, that wasn’t where I heard the “starving the plant of cal-mag during the flush thing”, but it covers the requirements of calcium throughout flower.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2