Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have i made some new strains

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,074 Times

I’ve learnt something this morning. Didn’t know that hermie genetics could be bred out. But would I be correct in thinking for the general home grower who’s limited by space, cost and wants to keep plant numbers low it’s not really a viable option?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-22), MonsterEnergy (20-11-22)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

it takes ages to stabilize a pheno, literally months/years and multiple selection with backcrossing or even IBL ''True Breed''

the goal is to create a strain through selective parental and offspring breeding over numerous generations until the dominate traits stabilize. With a ''true breed strain''
    the plants will predictably reproduce the same desirable traits generation after generation with very little variety in pheno type.

if you just wanna crossbreed that's fine but the seeds won't be uniform/stable but its rather fun to do
    a hermie seed will carry on that trait, its why no one produces females via stress anymore, its just weak genetics that lead to more of the same

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (20-11-22), GEORGE (20-11-22), ValdtheImpotent (20-11-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2