Thread: Different strains at Wilma

Thanks

Default Different strains at Wilma

Hello fellow growers ????

Thinking about trying grow 2 different strains in one Wilma 4x18l system. Any experience about i Is it a bad idea? Thanks for any advice. ????

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azralen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-11-22), scoot (12-01-23), V8 (23-11-22)

Thanks

Thumbs up let's try !

Hey man! My 1st post here but yes! different strains in Wilma is what I am doing atm as well !

I got a bit carried away with hydros and didn’t think clearly when started 2 pineapple chunk seeds, LA Amnesia seed, and rooted one Dos-si-dos #33 clone haha...

My Wilma Origin has 50l res with 4 11l fabric pots and it sits inside 80x80x160 tent AND this tent is inside 240x150x200 tent where two other girls are flowering... yes as I said, got carried away and realized that I need to sleep somewhere as well...so this was my solution.

AAND back to this. So went to a local grow shop and spoke there with the man who owns the place about this. He knows his shit when it comes to hydros and he made a good point.

It will be really hard to adjust the right amount of nutrients to make all 4 girls happy. Especially with so random strains together..pretty much impossible but need to live with it if there will be one girl getting nice and other just wants to die. Trying to use as little nutrients and trying to find the balance. Did not catch was he talking about me or the girls..

I also filled the res with plain water straight at the beginning, just to make sure i defo will fu'c up this one for good well anyway, rooted the seeds in rockwool cubes and one clone from Dosi in my DIY hydro rooting bucket. Then moved them, baskets included, to 11l fabric pots filled with clay pebbles and which are sitting in Wilma, res filled with water. Just in case did not connect the pump either. Top fed them by hand for around 4 weeks and now finally connected the pump but not the timer haha.. what a funkin idiot I am BUT HEY why not try

Let me know how is it going there !? Mine are under DIY 100w LED for 19/5 and tbh not looking that bad..not that good either but they are growing, has some serious roots there, and nice leaves. They are bit weird shaped... like Dosi clone has mutated leaves :d and another Pineapple chunk is growing thick, tall, and bushy and the other one is growing but not height, just big pair of leaves top of another, in a cute way I think

Would like to put some pics but dont do pics. Sorry..

Let's see what will happen, if anything, at least get some clones (?) and you only learn by mistakes, or is it just a saying to make idiots, as me, not so bad about them selves ? (joking here)

"High 'till I fly"
    -TuneHound/TH

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToneHund For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-23), scoot (12-01-23), V8 (12-01-23)