Thread: 48 hours of dark bost trichomes

Thanks

Default 48 hours of dark bost trichomes

i have read that if you put your plants in 48 hours of darkness it produces an insane amount of trichomes in a last ditch effort to save itself from dying, has anyone done this and did it boost the trichomes..curious, thanks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karnavor For This Useful Post:

B1unt (26-11-22), barney_b (26-11-22), GEORGE (26-11-22), scoot (27-11-22), Shaun (26-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

I have read that for years. Have tried it a few times myself and did not see any difference.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

B1unt (26-11-22), barney_b (26-11-22), GEORGE (26-11-22), scoot (27-11-22), TightNugs (27-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,054 Times

All kinds of theories to increase trichome production. 48 hours of dark, supplements, ice baths, etc…. Dont see the point though as trichomes wont be matured. To each their own, makes for a pretty picture at the very least.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

B1unt (26-11-22), barney_b (26-11-22), Flyingscotsman (27-11-22), GEORGE (26-11-22), NY_upstater (26-11-22), scoot (27-11-22)

Thanks

Super crop and break a branch slightly a week before ya harvest. Duct tape it if needed. This seems to cause the plant to produce more sticky icky on the buds. From my own experiences, the dark period after chop didn't seem to work for me.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NY_upstater For This Useful Post:

barney_b (26-11-22), GEORGE (26-11-22), scoot (27-11-22), Shaun (27-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,862 Times

If i try this what is it I'm actually looking for, is it bigger/taller trichs, more trichs squeezed in between the ones that took months grow, how do i define more trichs?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trichomedome For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-11-22), GEORGE (27-11-22), scoot (27-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,488 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trichomedome View Post
    If i try this what is it I'm actually looking for, is it bigger/taller trichs, more trichs squeezed in between the ones that took months grow, how do i define more trichs?
    If anything, you'd see more trichomes that are perfectly clear, requiring another week of ripening... This is bro science, debunked by real science. So you won't see frostier buds from a dark period. It's so easy to test! Were it an improvement, we'd all be doing it. More telling imo, would be all the large facilities doing it.

If you have a digital loupe, take a picture of a bud. Give it two days in the dark and take another picture of the same spot.

Hogwash

Cheers
    B

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-11-22), scoot (27-11-22), Trichomedome (27-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    If anything, you'd see more trichomes that are perfectly clear, requiring another week of ripening... This is bro science, debunked by real science. So you won't see frostier buds from a dark period. It's so easy to test! Were it an improvement, we'd all be doing it. More telling imo, would be all the large facilities doing it.

If you have a digital loupe, take a picture of a bud. Give it two days in the dark and take another picture of the same spot.

Hogwash

Cheers
    B

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Hey buddy, I don't subscribe to this, i don't think any magic is required but I was interested in hearing what it is other people see when they described more resin/resinous?

On average it takes me 3-5 days to harvest I've never seen any difference between the 1st and last harvested.
    Last edited by Trichomedome; 27-11-22 at 10:12 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trichomedome For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-11-22), GEORGE (27-11-22)