Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The ABC's of fake Seeds

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

So what makes a seed "fake", then? It's like saying any White Widow that is not from GHS is "fake", or any "Jack Herer" or "Black Domina" not from Sensi is "fake"... I would actually be fine with those, but not a "global" accusation of "<product> is fake".

Incidentally is this why regular seeds are so hard to come by, lately?

I have honestly mixed feelings about this "fake-ness". I have tried modern strains and I find them all a bit meh, so have I been victim of "fake seeds"?

And at what point do old strains become "anyone can have that"?

I mean, anyone can breed a skunk, a haze, and a NL together but that will never be the Real Jack Herer. But there ought not to be any issues if those seeds don't get sold as the legit Sensi JH. Right?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-12-22), GEORGE (23-12-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,251 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Furtive View Post
    Ive been doing this since 2004, reading about it since 98. Do you know what they were saying saying on the forums back then? All this same sort of stuff about losing genetic diversity.
    Today they say you can't transplant AutoFlowers

What is available now is way better in terms of genetic variety than what was available in 2004. There are more quality options than there were back then.
    No shit things progressed over 18 years huh? Ok got it.

Obviously more does not equal better and you have to search out what is quality and what isn't
    Yeah I know that's the point I was making with the post you quoted, I'd argue (although I don't want too) it leads to quite teh opposite

talk of "genetic availability becomes limited" was and still is nonsense.
    Have you got real skunk?

There has never been more diverse quality genetics available to you.
    Except skunk (once the most prevalent)

Really I just wanted people to know that when they're buying Fast Buds it's the same shit resold by all the other "Seed Companies" & every seed banks own line & be aware of the fact that it's all an illusive marketing game & the seeds probably contain none of the actual genetics they're named after.

If people don't care cool, but they should at least know

I really think the strain name game & what's the new hot thing changing every 5 minutes has damaged "weed". I miss the days when it was called just "skunk" (where I grew up) as ironically back then all weed typically gave off that aroma

Have a Merry Christmas
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-12-22), Flyingscotsman (24-12-22), GEORGE (23-12-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,251 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    So what makes a seed "fake", then? It's like saying any White Widow that is not from GHS is "fake", or any "Jack Herer" or "Black Domina" not from Sensi is "fake"... I would actually be fine with those, but not a "global" accusation of "<product> is fake".
    Having a fancy name of whatever's hype & not containing that genetic lineage, or a knockoff of someone else's work (resold as the same thing).

Incidentally is this why regular seeds are so hard to come by, lately?
    The markets governed by us lot & "we" typically only want to grow fems as it's less aggro.

I have honestly mixed feelings about this "fake-ness". I have tried modern strains and I find them all a bit meh, so have I been victim of "fake seeds"?
    That's probably down to a loss of genetic diversity from most breeding stock being "selfed" these days

I take it you're referring to those "high THC" fruit & desert strains that make you happy for 10 minutes

And at what point do old strains become "anyone can have that"?
    Allegedly once the original creator takes it off their menu (if you have morals).

I mean, anyone can breed a skunk, a haze, and a NL together but that will never be the Real Jack Herer. But there ought not to be any issues if those seeds don't get sold as the legit Sensi JH. Right?
    But you can call it Jack Herer & sell it as that to people who won't know any better (because we grow at home in our tents & haven't grown or seen the original - & even if you had what you gonna do )

And if people don't buy it, just double the price & call it NL5 X Haze

*Edit: Merry Christmas to you too , I look forward to the pictures of your pregnant ladies in the Seed Run thread
    Last edited by B1unt; 23-12-22 at 05:58 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-12-22), GEORGE (23-12-22), Valentina (24-12-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post

Skunk.

Have a Merry Christmas
    Have you ever heard of the term 'strawman arguement'? Im completely lost as to what a lot of your replies have to do with what i said. So im going to leave it there.

I am smoking a couple of very nice skunks at moment. One selected from a pack of Mr Nice sharkshock, one from Mr Nice Master Kush x Skunk. Very old school flavours. Reminds of the stuff i was buying the early 2000's. Still available in seed form quite cheap even cheaper today than it was then.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Furtive; 24-12-22 at 11:01 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Furtive For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-12-22), GEORGE (24-12-22), MadJohn (01-01-23)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5