Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shi** here we go again - CJ

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Personally, I adjust the PH of my water and my feed when growing in organic soil. Why make the soil do the work? I'm on a water only grow in super soil and adjusting the ph of the water. Always works out better for me this way.
    Canna site says don't PH? Last time I grew with canna bio the site said to adjust the PH.
    It's easy to get salt buildup in soil when using liquid nutes. Personally, I would only be adding nutes to every other feed and only if the plants are hungry.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-12-22), GEORGE (21-12-22), MonsterEnergy (21-12-22), ReggieD (21-12-22), scoot (15-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Additionally, it does not matter how good the soil is, if the soil PH is wrong then I have issues with the plant. Adjusting the soil PH has fixed my issues many times. Many of the grows are documented on the Talk.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-12-22), GEORGE (21-12-22), MonsterEnergy (21-12-22), ReggieD (21-12-22), scoot (15-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Additionally, it does not matter how good the soil is, if the soil PH is wrong then I have issues with the plant. Adjusting the soil PH has fixed my issues many times. Many of the grows are documented on the Talk.
    Right that’s why I adjusted the ph of the solution. It’s an organic ph up and it says that it doesn’t harm
    Microbes in the soil. So anyways that’s how they currently look, I fed them two days ago with normal dosage from Canna website, I only added canna bio flo and bio rhizotonic to the solution. Today I think I’ll give them only water and I’ll check the runoff, I think there is still deficiency going or something tho it’s nearly 8th week of flo so I’m not sure, at this point I’m trying to just get this run done and I’ll do the next one completely different (learning on my mistake) I’m still hoping to get about 9-10oz from this run. The smoke might be actually decent as well cus the buds are smelly and sticky so it can’t be that bad. I’m thinking about adding Epsom salt to the water today and also I’m considering that pk13/14 I know I’m not suppose to use it with the organic soil and nutes but it might actually help cus there is clearly some deficiency I just don’t know what it is or maybe they just starving and I should hit them with stronger solution instead of feeding them with plain water today. What’s your thoughts? I mean what would you do at this point? Btw sorry for asking so many questions but I have only got one run behind me and it was autos, it went deffo better than this run so I’m still learning thus I try to ask as many questions as I can and I try to read a lot watch videos on yt etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF55FBD0-464F-4920-8703-8BBF0FF223E1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	434417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7728FE77-09BE-4C05-BE4D-299712E88A23.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	434418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	378CE74B-59B3-461E-ABFF-355248F49CEF.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	434419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7E2F5AA-AD76-492F-93E8-170CBEC5902A.jpg 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	434420  

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReggieD For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-12-22), GEORGE (21-12-22), MonsterEnergy (21-12-22), scoot (15-01-23)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

if they were 'starving' they yellow from the bottom leaves and that works its way up the plant,

chlorine/chloramine free water is a must because it kills the micro life of any organic soil with prolonged exposure.
    same goes for adding Potassium Hydroxide/phosphoric acid both are 'toxic chemicals' and will eventually kill the microLife

doesn't apply when using organic up/down

Canna Ph Down organic 1 litre

If you are growing organically and you need to lower the PH value of your nutrient solution, this Organic PH Down from Canna is the best acid for the job.
    Canna Organic PH Down contains 50% citric acid and bacteria and moulds thrive well on citric acid, and therefore also in your water when you use this organic solution.
    Canna Organic PH Down is used for the acidulation of your nutrient solution as an alternative to nitric acid and phosphoric acids, as these acids are not really what you want to use with organic nutrient solutions.

Biobizz Organic Bio Ph - Down

Biobizz pH down has been designed especially for the organic farming sector. Biobizz Bio·pH- is an aqueous solution made of citric acid found naturally in different citrus fruits, such as lemons.
    Correcting pH in a natural way is essential for plants to absorb the maximum amount of nutrients. The natural formulation of Bio·pH- enables fast pH adjusting of any type of substrate and for any type of crop,
    without harming the soil micro life.

It is designed to work perfectly with the Biobizz nutrients and can be used in every watering.
    It is suitable to be used during both growing and flowering phase.

hope this helps

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-12-22), GEORGE (21-12-22), ReggieD (22-12-22), scoot (15-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    if they were 'starving' they yellow from the bottom leaves and that works its way up the plant,

chlorine/chloramine free water is a must because it kills the micro life of any organic soil with prolonged exposure.
    same goes for adding Potassium Hydroxide/phosphoric acid both are 'toxic chemicals' and will eventually kill the microLife

doesn't apply when using organic up/down

Canna Ph Down organic 1 litre

If you are growing organically and you need to lower the PH value of your nutrient solution, this Organic PH Down from Canna is the best acid for the job.
    Canna Organic PH Down contains 50% citric acid and bacteria and moulds thrive well on citric acid, and therefore also in your water when you use this organic solution.
    Canna Organic PH Down is used for the acidulation of your nutrient solution as an alternative to nitric acid and phosphoric acids, as these acids are not really what you want to use with organic nutrient solutions.

Biobizz Organic Bio Ph - Down

Biobizz pH down has been designed especially for the organic farming sector. Biobizz Bio·pH- is an aqueous solution made of citric acid found naturally in different citrus fruits, such as lemons.
    Correcting pH in a natural way is essential for plants to absorb the maximum amount of nutrients. The natural formulation of Bio·pH- enables fast pH adjusting of any type of substrate and for any type of crop,
    without harming the soil micro life.

It is designed to work perfectly with the Biobizz nutrients and can be used in every watering.
    It is suitable to be used during both growing and flowering phase.

hope this helps

Yeh I’m using biobizz ph up and I don’t use tap
    Water anymore, just buying the bottled spring water 6.2 ph it’s just safer I figured. Anyways I thought that adding things such as pk13:14 etc might mess them up even more but it has crossed my mind tbf. I’ll try to stick to the schedule then, I’d give them just water today because I do three feedings a week so in this case I think it’s optimal to go with 2 x solution and third feed just with plain water, that’s what they recommend on cannas website as well.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReggieD For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-12-22), GEORGE (21-12-22), scoot (15-01-23), V8 (21-12-22)

Thanks

Just a little update. Tbf there are still issues going but not as much as on the beginning. As for now I’m in the mid of week 10th so close to the end. I shortened the lights for 10ths a day and last three days which I’m guessing be around mid of next week I’ll leave them in complete darkness. I must say thanks for your help and I’m really happy with the result, for that amount of mistakes it might still be decent yield and I’ve got a feeling that the smoke gon be banging as the smell is just amazing, a lot of crystal on buds and they sticky af so couldn’t ask for more, it gave me more experience and I’m ready for the next run, I learnt a lot and obviously I’ll keep expanding my knowledge as much as possible ]:->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	856CC69B-4AA5-4480-B770-5B067C221931.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	434969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DCC9727-9FE0-4DDC-AA49-31C15E58716B.jpg 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	434970  
    Last edited by ReggieD; 06-01-23 at 05:44 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ReggieD For This Useful Post:

BR3WDAWG (06-01-23), GEORGE (06-01-23), IceCalibur (06-01-23), scoot (15-01-23), V8 (06-01-23)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-01-23), ReggieD (07-01-23), scoot (15-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

nice work mate looks amazing even with the problems you've had recently welldone

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-01-23), ReggieD (07-01-23), scoot (15-01-23)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3