Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: not sure what happened here ... suggestions ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    If the roots didn't smell good then that does sound like root rot which is most times caused by overwatering and/or bad drainage. I understand you're saying the soil dried up multiple times, but if it was overwatered between those times, then that will still cause issues.

Infact in my opinion, plants that are dried too long prior to being overwatered are more prone to root rot, so it's about getting that balance right, which comes in time.

A few of us here do think it looks like overwatering, however there is always a chance you overfed aswell if that's your suspicion.
    i just think the old feed that i used had an impact in it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (30-12-22)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BR3WDAWG View Post
    i just think the old feed that i used had an impact in it
    Could have had a hand in it if it was really old, but I can't say for sure. Sounds like some fresh nutrients are in order

You can do as you like of course but if it were me, I'd transplant them in a light soil (something like biobizz Lightmix), probably add a little more perlite as I like my soil really well draining, and then use water only until the plants lighten up in colour.

Watering in a well draining soil is so much easier to avoid issues like this, and waiting until the soil dries up (not just the top layer), checking to make sure it's dry further down (but not 'dust dry') before watering again..you can get used to exactly when this is by lifting them up when they are fully saturated and then lifting them again when they are completely dry...after a while you just get a feel for it. Some bury their finger into the soil around the second joint deep to check for this (The PIP joint to get technical lol), but I prefer not to so I don't disturb any roots.

Don't allow them to remain dry for too long either, as soon as you know the medium has dried out nicely, give them a good watering.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope these girls pick up for you and good luck!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

BR3WDAWG (30-12-22), CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (30-12-22)

Thanks

Default whats ur ph at.

keep an eye on your ph. wont take long to dry out in little pots.. i see rust on your leaves could be nute lock out due to over watering or/ and ph is off.. just a thought.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to do ya want fries wit For This Useful Post:

BR3WDAWG (30-12-22), CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (30-12-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Could have had a hand in it if it was really old, but I can't say for sure. Sounds like some fresh nutrients are in order

You can do as you like of course but if it were me, I'd transplant them in a light soil (something like biobizz Lightmix), probably add a little more perlite as I like my soil really well draining, and then use water only until the plants lighten up in colour.

Watering in a well draining soil is so much easier to avoid issues like this, and waiting until the soil dries up (not just the top layer), checking to make sure it's dry further down (but not 'dust dry') before watering again..you can get used to exactly when this is by lifting them up when they are fully saturated and then lifting them again when they are completely dry...after a while you just get a feel for it. Some bury their finger into the soil around the second joint deep to check for this (The PIP joint to get technical lol), but I prefer not to so I don't disturb any roots.

Don't allow them to remain dry for too long either, as soon as you know the medium has dried out nicely, give them a good watering.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope these girls pick up for you and good luck!
    yeah im holding off the nutes until i see a change in health and recovery , i dont like disturb the roots either

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,953 Times

Sorry, but put em out of there misery. Tough love man. Stinky rotting roots equals a shit plant and a waste of light. Best to start over in my opinion.

On the other hand, could be a good learning experience trying to clean up the roots and salvage the grow. I wouldn't go into it expecting a great yield though.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun&Soil For This Useful Post:

BR3WDAWG (30-12-22), CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

You spraying them bud ? Cut it out if you are it has the opposite effect it'll mess up the leaves as it can't process all the water its receiving so it kind of shuts down if you do need to raise humidity spay the wall of your tent
    Just my opinion you understand but transplant now into a minimum of 10litre for autos or 15litre for owt else at the moment you've no choice but to drench the root ball directly under the plant so your soil may look dry but that ball ain't got a chance to breath and with a larger pot you'll be able to water at the edges
    That root ball will never dry out as it's the main highway so you want it drinking from the outer roots and you can trim the crispy off aswell
    Atb chap
    This could just look like ramblings of an insane man after my meds have worn off so I'll apologize now
    Atb chap

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

barney_b (04-01-23), BR3WDAWG (30-12-22), CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sun&Soil View Post
    Sorry, but put em out of there misery. Tough love man. Stinky rotting roots equals a shit plant and a waste of light. Best to start over in my opinion.

On the other hand, could be a good learning experience trying to clean up the roots and salvage the grow. I wouldn't go into it expecting a great yield though.
    the seeds cost top much to just bin rather try and save them , transplanted into new homes and just letting nature take its course

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Sun&Soil (30-12-22), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,953 Times

I get that and hope they make a full recovery for you. Keep us informed how they make out please.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun&Soil For This Useful Post:

BR3WDAWG (30-12-22), CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (30-12-22), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Thanks

i will mate

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (01-01-23), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), scoot (03-01-23), Sun&Soil (01-01-23), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sun&soil View Post
    i get that and hope they make a full recovery for you. Keep us informed how they make out please.
    everything is starting to look good , i cant wait to upload a photo after a week to show to progression

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-01-23), GEORGE (04-01-23), IceCalibur (04-01-23), M_C (04-01-23), PoizonIvy (04-01-23), Sun&Soil (04-01-23), Tommy stoner (06-01-23)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast