Thread: Hi All, I just need a bit off advice please!

Thanks
    Thanked 8 Times

Exclamation Hi All, I just need a bit off advice please!

This is my first time growing and I am currently doing it indoors I have 3 different seeds on the go! All due to be finished at the same time.

I am abit lost with it as I have done the germination part and now have them in pots, I have used coco coir as the soil I have them in my tent at the moment and they have been there for 3 days I have a humidifier but I am unsure how long to keep it on with the fan per day as I don’t know if I’m leaving it on for too long or not enough time and how often should I water them as I’m just currently using a spay bottle and spraying them every few hours but keeping the humidifier on for 2 hours and turning it off for 3 then keeping it off over night and back on again in the morning?

Can someone just advise me please as I Dont want to kill my plants.

Send me a message with all info so I can get back to you on a 1-1 chat

Thanks in advance

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ky221 For This Useful Post:

B1unt (08-01-23), barney_b (07-01-23), GEORGE (07-01-23), IceCalibur (07-01-23), scoot (07-01-23), TightNugs (07-01-23), Tommy stoner (07-01-23), V8 (08-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy. Sorry don't know anything about coco, but sure someone will be along later to give you A helping hand.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

B1unt (08-01-23), IceCalibur (07-01-23), scoot (07-01-23), Tommy stoner (07-01-23), V8 (08-01-23)

5. Default

Hi Ky221, firstly welcome to the forum..nice to have you here

We don't offer private help via PM on a 1 to 1 basis here, it's a forum after all, and posting this information is how good information get's shared to others like older posts have many times with new growers over the many years.

Since I don't know what you have or how much you know about coco, I'm gonna cover a few basics..

Coco will need to be treated differently to soil, both in how you water your plants, and what type of feed. You're going to need to purchase nutrients that are specific to coco, and I would also advise you purchase a PH meter, and EC pen too if you haven't already.

As far as how long to keep your humidifier on for, will all depend on your current environmental conditions. If you haven't got one already, then I would also advise you purchase a hygrometer that will measure temperature and humidity for you.

I'd also point you in the direction of some research regarding VPD, or 'Vapour-Pressure Deficit', this will help you understand better about what conditions you need to keep under certain temperatures depending on their stage of growth.
    Some are strict with VPD, others not so much..but to keep it simple for now, generally it's best to keep humidity above 60% in veg, and under 50% in flower.

Good airflow is key always, I don't think there are any exceptions to this rule.

Here is a basic guide on coco you might find useful - New Growers Guide To Canna Coco And Nutrients

Obviously there is a lot more I haven't covered, but this is to get you started.

I'd also advise you to create a diary on the forum, that way the members will be able to follow along and be in a position to help you better when you have questions.

You can also request a mentor (for free), if you would like to be guided step by step by an experienced grower. We're quite proud of our 'mentor program' here at THCtalk

You can make a request here - Mentor Requests

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

B1unt (08-01-23), GEORGE (07-01-23), scoot (07-01-23), TightNugs (07-01-23), Tommy stoner (07-01-23), V8 (08-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,414 Times

Welcome bud,coco takes a wee bit of getting used to,check the link posted above or take a look at some grow diaries on the forum and you will get sorted out.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

B1unt (08-01-23), GEORGE (07-01-23), IceCalibur (07-01-23), Tommy stoner (07-01-23), V8 (07-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

1 to 1 chat is for the bank manager, solicitor or the doctors with embarrassing symptoms lol...This is an open friendly forum, no need for things to be behind closed doors...Anyway pics of your plant/s would help enormously

Regards BL

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

B1unt (08-01-23), GEORGE (07-01-23), scoot (07-01-23), Tommy stoner (07-01-23), V8 (07-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,755 Times

Howdy let's see some pics.
    Oh yeah welcome to the talk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommy stoner For This Useful Post:

B1unt (08-01-23), GEORGE (07-01-23), scoot (07-01-23), V8 (08-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Welcome to the show

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-01-23), scoot (08-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,165 Times

It sounds as though your plants have not emerged from the soil (coco) yet. how deep did you plant them? Misting is my method until the plants are established (1-2 weeks). 3 days and not out of the ground is not an inordinate amount of time. Be patient.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Skool Dude For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-01-23), scoot (08-01-23)

Thanks

i water every day until i see the 4th node, then i top...then water with fox farm grow big every 2 days until they start to flower, then every 2 days with fox farm big bud. i live in the south and grow in a tent, humidity is around 70 percent...but thats a soil grow, never did the coco coir..good luck

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karnavor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23), scoot (09-01-23), V8 (09-01-23)