Thread: Harvest progressively

Thanks

Default Unanswered: Harvest progressively

Hi guys,

I often observed that taste of the buds directly exposed to light can be different (better) from the ones more in the bottom of the plant. Same for visual: when the top appear ready for harvest, then buds on the bottom clearly need more time.

Not speaking here about topping or any other grow technics to better expose all the buds but more cutting first top of the plant then wait for the rest (which will even be better exposed after the first cut).

What you think ? Sound strange to you ?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to opklop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-23), scoot (15-01-23), V8 (14-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,170 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Hi opklop

It’s called a staggered harvest, I do it on most grows. Mainly because I’m impatient to try what I’ve grown, but taking the upper buds then letting the lower to ripen for another week or so doesn’t have any adverse effect.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-23), opklop (14-01-23), scoot (15-01-23), V8 (14-01-23)

Thanks

Hi Vald (if I may use the short form )

Thanks for the response. I will try in this run and will comment on how I observe remaining buds maturing after the cut.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to opklop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-23), scoot (15-01-23), V8 (14-01-23), ValdtheImpotent (14-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Done the same thing. Cut the top collas of my plants down and let the rest of the grow finish for another 2 weeks

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-23), opklop (14-01-23), scoot (15-01-23), ValdtheImpotent (14-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,954 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Seems to be a common theme here, CityDweller is another member I've watched practice this.

I have never done this myself. I've noticed a weird phenomenon in my past harvests and wonder if anyone else has. It seems like the trichomes near the bottom of my buds and areas that were mostly void of light tend to Amber up first? It's not something I notice while I'm checking for status pre-harvest, but rather after they have had plenty of time to dry and cure. These areas become a solid amber sheen, visible with the naked eye. The areas that received a solid light covering seem to stay the same state as they when I cut the plant? Anyone else know anything about this, or experienced it? At first I thought I was crazy or misjudged my amber/cloudy ratio, but it seems to continue to happen.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun&Soil For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-23), scoot (15-01-23), V8 (14-01-23), ValdtheImpotent (14-01-23)