Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intense re-trips when smoking after high dose edible

Thanks

Default Intense re-trips when smoking after high dose edible

I am utterly confused by this situation. I've been an every day smoker for 13 years, and I've done edibles many times, though perhaps not quite as high a dose. I got a homemade gummy worm from a friend so theres no way to determine exact doseage, he told me to be careful, so I ate a little bit less than half. That night, I got very very VERY high. With some light CEV's(strange shapes, colors, no fractals or anything all that crazy) had trouble sleeping cuz of that but it was not a negative experience. I woke up the day after still a little high, which is fine, whatever. Went to work. Now, I drive a box truck long-ish distance for a living, so I go 3-5 days with no weed occasionally, so perhaps my tolerance isn't what it used to be but here's the thing; since this edible experience, every time I smoke weed I begin to feel like I'm coming up on acid or mushrooms, I almost immediately began seeing some very hard to describe visuals, almost like my brain WANTED to see patterns and things that aren't there, some strange colors and strobing and shit like that. This is almost exactly how I felt when I took the edible, which I might add was three weeks ago at this point. Because of all this, smoking weed has become a 12+ hour commitment, the last time I smoked was probably 36 hours ago and I'm still getting some strange visual snow and weird movements when I close my eyes. I have had lots of traumatic psychedelic experiences(12+ years ago tho) in my life, and while this is no where as bad that same feeling and anxiety is still present, as well as some of the weird visual disturbances when I close my eyes. I can definitely notice these feelings fading, but it is happening slowly and i really am not diggin it. I plan on taking an extended break from smoking weed. Has anyone else had an experience like this?? My coworker told me it happened to him before, but I can find absolutely nothing online about it, and while I know there's no way I damaged my brain I am feeling incredibly anxious and depersonalized. Does anyone have any tips or similar experiences they can share?

TLDR; took prob 80-100+ MG thc. Now when I smoke weed I feel like im tripping for 12+ hours. What do?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron_Maiden For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), GEORGE (24-01-23), Jingo (24-01-23), scoot (24-01-23), Street Smart (24-01-23), Tommy stoner (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), Jingo (24-01-23), scoot (24-01-23), Tommy stoner (25-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.
    Thanks. I hope to get some insight on this problem so that I can enjoy cannabis again in th3 future and make less distressing posts lol

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron_Maiden For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), scoot (24-01-23), Tommy stoner (25-01-23), V8 (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), IceCalibur (24-01-23), M_C (25-01-23), scoot (24-01-23), Tommy stoner (25-01-23), V8 (25-01-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Sounds like its been laced with something other than just canna..

Regards BL
    The gummy was certainly not. I would have had a much crazier experience, and the person who made em doesn't mess with much more than cannabis. It can't be the flower ive been smoking either, even if you could lace weed with something like that, this happens to me no matter what weed I happen to smoke

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron_Maiden For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), scoot (24-01-23), Tommy stoner (25-01-23), V8 (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Maiden View Post
    I am utterly confused by this situation. I've been an every day smoker for 13 years, and I've done edibles many times, though perhaps not quite as high a dose. I got a homemade gummy worm from a friend so theres no way to determine exact doseage, he told me to be careful, so I ate a little bit less than half. That night, I got very very VERY high. With some light CEV's(strange shapes, colors, no fractals or anything all that crazy) had trouble sleeping cuz of that but it was not a negative experience. I woke up the day after still a little high, which is fine, whatever. Went to work. Now, I drive a box truck long-ish distance for a living, so I go 3-5 days with no weed occasionally, so perhaps my tolerance isn't what it used to be but here's the thing; since this edible experience, every time I smoke weed I begin to feel like I'm coming up on acid or mushrooms, I almost immediately began seeing some very hard to describe visuals, almost like my brain WANTED to see patterns and things that aren't there, some strange colors and strobing and shit like that. This is almost exactly how I felt when I took the edible, which I might add was three weeks ago at this point. Because of all this, smoking weed has become a 12+ hour commitment, the last time I smoked was probably 36 hours ago and I'm still getting some strange visual snow and weird movements when I close my eyes. I have had lots of traumatic psychedelic experiences(12+ years ago tho) in my life, and while this is no where as bad that same feeling and anxiety is still present, as well as some of the weird visual disturbances when I close my eyes. I can definitely notice these feelings fading, but it is happening slowly and i really am not diggin it. I plan on taking an extended break from smoking weed. Has anyone else had an experience like this?? My coworker told me it happened to him before, but I can find absolutely nothing online about it, and while I know there's no way I damaged my brain I am feeling incredibly anxious and depersonalized. Does anyone have any tips or similar experiences they can share?

TLDR; took prob 80-100+ MG thc. Now when I smoke weed I feel like im tripping for 12+ hours. What do?
    Welcome. The first time I made my own decarbed oil I tried a half gram. I went full trip. Like 5 grams of mushrooms tripping. Remained high for about 4 days. After that my experience was the same as yours. Smoking was like a light trip.
    It's never really passed for me since I take oil all the time now. I still get visuals if I smoke a lot. I enjoy it.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

barney_b (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), Flyingscotsman (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), scoot (25-01-23), V8 (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,420 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Welcome. The first time I made my own decarbed oil I tried a half gram. I went full trip. Like 5 grams of mushrooms tripping. Remained high for about 4 days. After that my experience was the same as yours. Smoking was like a light trip.
    It's never really passed for me since I take oil all the time now. I still get visuals if I smoke a lot. I enjoy it.
    Well I guess that means I need to spend sometime in the kitchen today.
    I have a little more than 9 grams of full spectrum oil that I don't like smoking, should be enough to get the job done. Knowing my luck though I will probably just end up with a higher tolerance.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), scoot (25-01-23), V8 (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Deku Nut View Post
    Well I guess that means I need to spend sometime in the kitchen today.
    I have a little more than 9 grams of full spectrum oil that I don't like smoking, should be enough to get the job done. Knowing my luck though I will probably just end up with a higher tolerance.
    Enjoy! I like 250 Fahrenheit for 90 minutes for a full decarb. How do you do yours?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), scoot (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,489 Times

Budtender!

I'll have what he's having!

Might need to grab your recipe bud.

Cheers

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-01-23), Deku Nut (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), scoot (25-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,420 Times

Enjoy! I like 250 Fahrenheit for 90 minutes for a full decarb. How do you do yours?
    For oils I go a little lower than that, lately I have been setting my rosin press to 220 F, I leave the oil in a silicone container and just place the jar right between the two plates, then I come back to it when I remember it.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

barney_b (25-01-23), CityDweller (25-01-23), GEORGE (25-01-23), IceCalibur (26-01-23), scoot (25-01-23)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast