Thread: why is there no place for complaints for bad seeds are sellers

Thanks

Default why is there no place for complaints for bad seeds are sellers

there is so many scam sites selling seeds, and you cant trust the reviews on the web, at least here i would trust them....i have only purchased from one seed company, and my first seeds, 1 out of 5 germinated using paper towel method, i send and email, they send me 5 free ,i planted in the pots i was going to grow in, and they all sprouted...they are a little higher on their seeds but i quess u get what u pay for.....thanks

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to karnavor For This Useful Post:

dick_turpine (11-02-23), Doink (11-02-23), GEORGE (11-02-23), Jingo (11-02-23), scoot (11-02-23), Tommy stoner (15-02-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,993 Times

It might depend on where abouts in the world you are as well.
    Over here if your seeds don't germ and you complain you're likely to be told it's illegal to germinate them, and there's nothing they can do. Or so I hear?
    If in doubt use a sponsor on this site

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Doink For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-02-23), dick_turpine (11-02-23), GEORGE (11-02-23), IceCalibur (14-02-23), scoot (11-02-23), Tommy stoner (15-02-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karnavor View Post
    there is so many scam sites selling seeds, and you cant trust the reviews on the web, at least here i would trust them....i have only purchased from one seed company, and my first seeds, 1 out of 5 germinated using paper towel method, i send and email, they send me 5 free ,i planted in the pots i was going to grow in, and they all sprouted...they are a little higher on their seeds but i quess u get what u pay for.....thanks
    any examples of scam sites?
    i agree with Doink - use thctalk sponsors, that's what i do

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Growing Peace For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-23), scoot (15-02-23), Tommy stoner (15-02-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Go on Trustpilot and type in the site your thinking of getting them from and you’ll see people’s feedback on them m8

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-23), scoot (15-02-23), Tommy stoner (15-02-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Quote Originally Posted by karnavor View Post
    What yual doing pilgrim cause yual have a good point and folks should be warned of bad business doing business. I think yur here and starting your journey with thctalk why don't yual head up your own thread and call it Seed Company Disappointments and here you will grow not only great seeds to mature pleasure but also your respect as a contributing member ?? Welcome to the fireside hope yual do great here.

Bwd

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-23), scoot (23-02-23), Valentina (27-02-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

There's a huge problem with this kind of site/thread.

First it's open to blatant abuse from competitors, trolls or people with a grudge. That instantly makes it so that you can't rely on it.

Secondly for most people you're dealing with shipping of items which may be outright illegal in your country. Loss in transit is a real issue when you're shipping something illegal and it crosses international borders. This shouldn't and can't be blamed on the seed company but it will be.

Next is seeds are inherently variable. Some germinate, some don't. Some grow into terp monsters, some, from the same strain, from the same packet, don't. How many reports of "this strain didn't grow well" do you need to see before you can see a trend? Which leads to...

It's dedicated to only reporting bad experiences. If someone sells to 100 customers and 90 have problems then clearly thats a massive problem. If they sell to a million customers and only 90 have issues then that's an astonishing good result but guess how many issues you see from both sellers?

Lastly I'm not sure what it's going to get you. In most countries there are a handful of "huge" sites that turn up when you search for "cannabis seeds <country code>". If it's illegal in your country then UK, USA and Canada are all legally allowed to sell and ship cannabis seeds. You go to sites in one of those countries hope to find one that ships to your country and take a chance. Then of course there's the sponsors here to choose from.

But the elephant in the room is not so much the seed sellers but the seedbanks they get supplied from. There is absolutely *ZERO* regulation, testing or verification that <seedbank> Girl Scout Cookies is actually related to what was originally called GSK at all. Same with any other strain unless you're buying directly from the seedbank that specifically cultivated and seeded that strain. From what I've read though even well known seedbanks are suspected of using "white label" seeds provided by a handful of 800 pound gorillas in Holland so who really knows.

So you never actually know what you're getting. I'd guess that if you took 4 seeds of the exact same strain from 4 different seedbanks you'd get 4 very different and very unique plants. Or maybe not who knows.

I think with the little experience I've now gleaned my tendency is to go for very well known seedbanks such as Barneys Farm who are likely to have the scale and experience to actually deliver what they claim. Either that or the very small boutique seedbanks like Mephisto who are known to breed themselves and have some pedigree doing it. I'm sure with some research you'll find a number of the smaller breeders who sell direct, have YT and IG presence that shows you the process end to end to give you confidence. Email them direct and ask for the names of the seed sellers they directly deal with and trust.

MJ
    Last edited by MadJohn; 24-02-23 at 10:28 AM.
    Previous Diaries - Auto Blue Dream Dankberry
    Grow Kit List

Lights - 2*MarsHydro TS1000, 1 MarsHydro FC3000 and 1*Migro Array 2 Pro
    Tent - ACInfinity Cloudlab 642, HomeBox 80*80*160
    Extraction - ACInfinity Cloudline S6 plus - Mountain Air Carbon Filter
    Neuts - Emerald Harvest
    Grow Medium - Coco (Canna Coco Pro+) - Plant!t DWC/Wilma

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

dick_turpine (07-03-23), GEORGE (24-02-23), MrG (01-10-23), scoot (24-02-23)