Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I've Found Two Seeds in my Harvest

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,159 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sun&Soil View Post
    Theres close to 50% it could also be a herm.

Hi S&S, I could be wrong on this and most probably am but I was of the thinking that because he only got a couple of seeds, that points to the plant just putting out the odd nana and as a result just a few seeds rather than a full blown hermie resulting in hundreds of seeds and therefore comprising yield and potency.

Seeds geminated from a full blown hermie will do the same. But seeds germinated from a female that has self pollinated just a couple flowers here and there would also do the same.

Am I way off on this?

Vald

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

barney_b (26-02-23), Effexion (26-02-23), GEORGE (26-02-23), scoot (26-02-23), Sun&Soil (26-02-23), TightNugs (26-02-23), V8 (27-02-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

All female plants try and keep their life going. The longer they flower, the more chance they will produce pollen so as to keep their strain going. They also respond really good to lots of HPS lights and Wamer Temps. It's really easy for A female plant to get stress out and make some seeds. When these things happen, it is usually something we do during the grow cycle that cause them to make seeds. JMO

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

barney_b (26-02-23), Effexion (26-02-23), scoot (26-02-23), Sun&Soil (26-02-23), V8 (27-02-23), ValdtheImpotent (26-02-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,746 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    All female plants try and keep their life going. The longer they flower, the more chance they will produce pollen so as to keep their strain going. They also respond really good to lots of HPS lights and Wamer Temps. It's really easy for A female plant to get stress out and make some seeds. When these things happen, it is usually something we do during the grow cycle that cause them to make seeds. JMO
    Quite possibly due to the high-humidity/low-temp conditions I first had her in. It was a mentored grow, I went from tent to cupboard and it really turned things around (Thanks, MrC).

I have these germinating now. I plan on putting one in the tent and one back I'm the cupboard as my tent isn't massive.

Hopefully it should do better now the days are getting a little warmer.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Effexion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-02-23), scoot (27-02-23), V8 (27-02-23)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2