4 weeks

Pot size:
    15 liters

Has it been repotted? and when?:
    It was placed in the pot 2 weeks ago, it was inside a 3" rockwool cube·

Soil type:
    50/50 mix of cultiwool and clay pebbles

Nutes or additives used and how often for soil:
    Dutch Pro range, Grow, Silica, Take Root and Multi Total, none of the other products.

Air temps (max min):
    30C max and 24C min (although recently they did go as high as 32C, but they don't get that warm anymore.)

Res temps (max min):
    it seems to stay around 24-26C

Humidity:

Lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):
    LED 250

Light schedule:
    18 on 6 off

PH level:

EC (hydro and coco only)

Background EC.
    Is this my natural water ec? If so it's 0.2.

Feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dutchpro-feed-chart-hydro-coco-2020-uk-without-co2-1536x1087.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	437869

That's my feed chart. The only thing I change is the amount of Grow A+B, I add what is needed to get 1.1 currently which is 1ml per liter.

Anything else you think may be relevant!

After leaving them for 10 days prior to turning on the autopot system, so the roots can grow out, I turned the system on but after several days I noticed no wicking happening, the top of the pots were always dry. Also the day after turning it on (I also topped them on that day) I noticed the new small leaves on the top starting to darken and curl a little, then next day she looked like she does in the pics. It was on Saturday when I topped and turned on the system.
    Yesterday I hand watered them and tested the ph of the runoff, it was 6.7 so I poured 5.8ph feed through them all and now the runoff is 6.4, I could probably get that lower by using feed ph'ed lower then 5.8.

If you look at the first picture, I think the problem is now starting to appear on another plant. You can see the brown spripes appearing on the leaves. The other pics are of the plant that is going dark and curly.

Sorry for not being able to get perfect pictures, hopefully there is enough of them for the issue to be visible.

Thanks
    RobotCake
    Attached Images Attached Images            

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobotCake For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), MikeDeezXXX (18-04-23), mpsj (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), Jingo (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23)

Thanks

Welcome. Not sure what you have going on there. In for info…

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeDeezXXX For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), Jingo (18-04-23), mpsj (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Welcome to the forum.

You will eventually drop your feed schedule and feed the plants only what they need. Provided your roots are now getting fed from the bottom, you have s pH problem and the only way to solve it is to adjust your feed.

Use the following post to help you figure out the proper feed level.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-how-to-react

J
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), mpsj (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23), RobotCake (18-04-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

You will eventually drop your feed schedule and feed the plants only what they need. Provided your roots are now getting fed from the bottom, you have s pH problem and the only way to solve it is to adjust your feed.

Use the following post to help you figure out the proper feed level.

J
    Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that since there was no wicking I turned off the autopot system and have gone back to hand watering for now.

The link you posted said to soak the growing medium for 24 hours to avoid ph fluctuations, I didn't do this so I could have a bad ph in the pot. The feed seems to raise by .6 going through the pot so I'll try watering with a ph of 5.2 then the runoff might be 5.8.

Also I've been setting my feed to specified values I found online (1.1 being the max for veg). Since my background ec is .2 I was just raising it up by 0.9 to 1.1, but should I be upping by 1.1 to 1.3? Should the 1.1 value be what I add to the water or what I should get the water up to?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobotCake For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobotCake View Post
    Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that since there was no wicking I turned off the autopot system and have gone back to hand watering for now.

The link you posted said to soak the growing medium for 24 hours to avoid ph fluctuations, I didn't do this so I could have a bad ph in the pot. The feed seems to raise by .6 going through the pot so I'll try watering with a ph of 5.2 then the runoff might be 5.8.

Also I've been setting my feed to specified values I found online (1.1 being the max for veg). Since my background ec is .2 I was just raising it up by 0.9 to 1.1, but should I be upping by 1.1 to 1.3? Should the 1.1 value be what I add to the water or what I should get the water up to?
    Clay pebbles are alkaline and need to washed several times before use. Rickwool also needs pH balance.

If you could mix up a much weaker feed like .8 ec total, mix a bunch like 5 gallons at pH 5.8-6. Then put the whole system in your tub and dump 80% of your feed through it and stop. Use the remaining to feed as needed and you should be able to resume bottom feeding in a week.

What you will be doing is flushing out the medium and feeding lightly, much quicker and I think better.

J

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-04-23), Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23), RobotCake (18-04-23)

Thanks

Default Dark curled shrivelling leaves

You def need to soak any rockwool forms of medium in 5.5 ph and half strength nutes. It will effect the ph big time if you don’t.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeDeezXXX For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23), RobotCake (18-04-23)

Thanks

If you could mix up a much weaker feed like .8 ec total, mix a bunch like 5 gallons at pH 5.8-6. Then put the whole system in your tub and dump 80% of your feed through it and stop. Use the remaining to feed as needed and you should be able to resume bottom feeding in a week
    Just to clarify, will that 5 gallons be poured through one plant? So 5 gallons through each plant? Put em all in the bath and run 5 gallons of .8 ec 5.8 ph water through each one right?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobotCake For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), Jingo (18-04-23), riot (20-04-23)

Thanks

Just to clarify, will that 5 gallons be poured through one plant? So 5 gallons through each plant? Put em all in the bath and run 5 gallons of .8 ec 5.8 ph water through each one right?
    Yeah all plants, you just want to flush and recent your medium at one time. Plants will recover quicker.

J

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), Fluffy bud (18-04-23), GEORGE (18-04-23), MikeDeezXXX (19-04-23), riot (20-04-23), RobotCake (19-04-23)

Thanks

Yeah all plants, you just want to flush and recent your medium at one time. Plants will recover quicker.

J
    OK, I got all that done last night. The issue does seem to have stopped spreading but only time will tell I guess. Let's hope that this thread is now done and I won't be back with more problems

Thank you.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobotCake For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-04-23), dick_turpine (20-04-23), GEORGE (19-04-23), riot (20-04-23)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast