Thread: Introduction and help

Thanks

Default Introduction and help

Hey all...Johnboy49 here. Been growing meds for about 2 years. Need some advice, or validation really, about handling my dilemma. I grow feminized autos due to circumstances in a small tent. One plant went too long and rodelized and self pollinated and produced seeds...still pretty good medicine but not as good as it should have been. Of the other 2 plants that were exposed, one showing signs and the other not sure yet, but I don't see how it's not pollinated. Anyway, after these 2 are done, I plan on using a new tent which I already planned on before this happened. New filter, fan, ducting, everything with the exception of the lights which I plan on sanitizing. the new tent will be in the same garage, and I will have exhausted with my large purge fan for a couple of days (planning on waiting about a month to start up again,) Having all new tent and equipment should I be okay and safe from further pollination by then? Thanks fam.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnboy49 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-05-23), GEORGE (21-05-23), Jingo (21-05-23), MrG (21-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Welcome to the forum mate, you should have no worries with all new equipment. Ive had hermies and not even clesned up before running again without issue. What seed company's stock hermied on you?

J
    Last edited by Jingo; 21-05-23 at 05:14 AM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-05-23), GEORGE (21-05-23), MrG (21-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

I would not worry about the pollen. Sometimes things go wrong in my room and I get hermies. I clean the room before the next grow and don't have any new hermies.
    I'm curious about why you feel limited to autos. You can also grow photo fems straight from 12/12 with a similar result in terms of time and yield.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-23), Jingo (21-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Jingo (21-05-23), johnboy49 (21-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks

I am in a situation where I must have stealth. Autos better provide that in stature. also I am 65y.o., have an adult special needs grandson who lives with us, and trying to run a home business to supplement retirement. I only grow meds for myself, and it works out better for me.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnboy49 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-23), Jingo (21-05-23), MrG (21-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

your new setup should be ore then okay , never experienced a hermy myself in the grow room so i couldnt give much help there all i know is you can removed the sacks with a razor blade or get rid of the male entirely if you dont want to try crossing strains. also welcome to the site browse aall forums to get some good knowledge from the guys here

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks

clean and sanitize everything, including your lights, and give it some time to ensure any lingering pollen is gone. Keep an eye on your plants and take precautions to avoid any cross-contamination. Wishing you a successful and pollination-free grow in your new setup!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growing Peace For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), Valentina (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy49 View Post
    I am in a situation where I must have stealth. Autos better provide that in stature. also I am 65y.o., have an adult special needs grandson who lives with us, and trying to run a home business to supplement retirement. I only grow meds for myself, and it works out better for me.
    Welcome. There are some kickass auto growers on this forum and I am sure they will point you in the right direction. And there are a few stealth growers here too, do check out their diaries and their set up.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), IceCalibur (30-05-23)

Thanks

hi whats up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lilnug420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-23)