Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Safety first and fire / Alarm + Extinguisher

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Anywhere you have the three things needed for the fire triangle is a potential risk.

BTW : on the aldi website they have a small extinguisher on offer this week 30-12-2010.

Donkey Rocket Champion! Asteroids 2k3 Champion! Lift Champion! Bunny Grab Champion! Duck Tracker Champion!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeenrob View Post
    1kg automatic fire extinguisher is good. they are wall mountable and only cost £30. covers an area of 1 meter square.
    pull upat petrole station int stolen vectra and pinch one! (said in a northen accent)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bimble View Post
    Anywhere you have the three things needed for the fire triangle is a potential risk.

BTW : on the aldi website they have a small extinguisher on offer this week 30-12-2010.
    funny i was going to post the same one! here's mine i got the other week 6kg powder £19.99 cheap as chips but it coud cost you alot more should the need arise to have one
    failing the dreaded grow room fire if the mrs burns the dinner it`l come in handy
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

Thanks

This bump might save a life!!!

Thanks

the joys off dodgey electrics...i use a rcd ( halfords do one for £4.99) worth it for a fiver ...on the top of my cupboard i have a plastic water tank filled with water incase something goes wrong and im not there it hopefully puts it self out...fingers cross

Thanks

I'm not saying do this or don't do this because I've not made up my mind what I'm going to do yet, but I've been advised by someone in the Fire service not to use a smoke alarm/detector. Reason being that I'd anything happens and you're not there, the Fire Brigade could well be called, they discover your grow, then call the Police. He's been to a few where that has been the case.

Like I said I'm not saying don't get a smoke alarm, it's just maybe worth considering depending on your circumstances. Obviously if you're gonna be risking taking out an orphanage or something, I'd get one.

Thanks

I also looked into the Extinguisher in the video, they do a few different sizes of them, but they are a tad pricey...so I cheaped out lol and went with the above £15.00 from HomeBase

[IMG][/IMG]

At the top in the centre, behind the chrome pole is a colour coded chrome Smoke Alarm... So far so good ~ touch wood it stays that way! Its better to be safe than sorry though - STELTHY
    Last edited by STELTHY420; 20-03-12 at 06:13 PM.
    Foxy Lady fox trots fiercely over the fox-farm

8. Default

Thankyou for this post, currently in the process of building a grow room and the '6kg dry powder' sprinkler system has resolved my worry, I think i'll get one just to feel safe at mind plus the grow rooms build very conviniently to fit one of these in easily haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Well this is useful for me as I am still in planning stage. I will definitely be using this when setting up my room.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3