Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Safety first and fire / Alarm + Extinguisher

samhain Guest

23 February 2010

By Becky Inman

News reporter

A house used as a cannabis factory has been destroyed in a huge blaze.
    Fire crews had to rip a hole in the roof to bring the fire at the semi-detached property in Wharfedale Road, Corby, under control. The blaze was so fierce they were unable to tackle it through the windows.

Neighbours said flames could be seen pouring from the building as plumes of smoke rolled across the tiled roof of the house and the adjoining property.

One neighbour said: "My son came in and said that next door's house was on fire and I didn't believe him.

"I had to go upstairs and check for myself and saw the smoke pouring out."

It is not thought anyone was in the house when the fire broke out just before 3.30pm yesterday, but someone was in the adjoining house, where it is feared the fire had spread through the roof.

Five fire engines were called to the blaze which took several hours to bring under control.

A fire service spokesman said the fire "completely engulfed" the house.

Police said it was too early to know whether the fire was started deliberately. They said they would have to wait for results from the fire investigation unit, who would be at the house this morning.

The house was raided by police on Sunday, February 7, who found 400 cannabis plants inside.

The drugs factory was discovered by officers after a neighbour tipped off officers about suspicious activity at the three-bedroom home.

Residents said they had seen police get out of riot vans and burst into the house before removing plants and drug cultivating equipment.

A Vietnamese man aged 26 was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Hang on....

Police raided it on the 7th and would have removed all the plants & equipment...

Then the house caught fire on the 23rd?

Sounds like Mr plod didn't do a good job of making sure the electricity supply had been isolated and made safe or the owner torched the place for the insurance to pay out (as they dont for illegal grow damage).

Thanks

yep sounds like the only 2 likely scenarios there mr bimble

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Good advice on here! I would add use trip switches and power breakers too, a must imo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to New Age Outlaw For This Useful Post:

STELTHY420 (20-03-12)

Thanks

i had a smoke alarm in my grow room (loft) and went up to get something from the loft in between grows to hear it beeping cos the battery was running out, couldnt hear it downstairs so in my case at least a smoke alarm is pointless unless it super super loud

Thanks

cheers for the info i have a fire alarm and a fire extinguisher now
    “They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.”

Thanks

1kg automatic fire extinguisher is good. they are wall mountable and only cost £30. covers an area of 1 meter square.

Thanks

the chances of a percy grow going up in smoke are low ( no pun intedned:P )
    unless you took stupid risks or have no idea how to wire things up safe

4 plug exstenshion leed for fan,light,desk fan,and a power adapter wired to 120mpc fans is all i have for growing

infact come to thik of it nearly all my electrical stuff inthe livngroom run off multiple 3 and 8 socket leeds connected to one another lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

Thanks

wheres the best place to put the smoke alarm? my grow will be in a tent inside a cupboard say twice the size, heat from lights etc not set it off if inside the tent? plus would the cf not not draw the smoke (at firtst) away from the smoke alarm?

Thanks

If i use a led grow light will this make my grow room safe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast