Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best ways to dry?

Thanks

Default Best ways to dry?

Hey, my plants are due down in the next week. Before I’ve always put a dehumidifier in & set the temp to around 15-18 degrees & put all the branches on drying racks while leaving the inlet/outlet fans on along with the is oscillating fans. I would usually have it all dry within 5 days but it was far to crispy and just fell to bits the minute I touched it. What’s the best way to dry it so it’s not over dried if that makes sense?

Can people give me various ways of how they do it so I have different idea’s? I’m already guessing drying it in 5 days is far to quick so I’ll need to somehow get my
    Humidity up a little and my temps around 15 with all fans on? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstewart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-23), scoot (28-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kstewart View Post
    Hey, my plants are due down in the next week. Before I’ve always put a dehumidifier in & set the temp to around 15-18 degrees & put all the branches on drying racks while leaving the inlet/outlet fans on along with the is oscillating fans. I would usually have it all dry within 5 days but it was far to crispy and just fell to bits the minute I touched it. What’s the best way to dry it so it’s not over dried if that makes sense?

Can people give me various ways of how they do it so I have different idea’s? I’m already guessing drying it in 5 days is far to quick so I’ll need to somehow get my
    Humidity up a little and my temps around 15 with all fans on? Thanks

I cut all my buds off and lay them on A screen on top of my upstairs bedroom under light fan, for about 5 to 7 days, then squished them up in 28 grams blocks, and put them in A lose Top Jar for the next 6 months to 3 years. they turn out perfect.
    Sometimes if they are not dry enough, I will put them out in direct sunlight for about half A Day, before doing that.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Kstewart (29-05-23), MrG (28-05-23), scoot (28-05-23), Valentina (28-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,488 Times

Sounds like you're on the right path. 15c and 60% is lovely if you can hold it close there. Perhaps easy on the fan. I like to point it away from the hanging plants and on the lowest setting. Slight breeze but they aren't blowing around in the wind.

See if that doesn't get you a few more days out of your dry.

Cheers

B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), Kstewart (28-05-23), MrG (28-05-23), scoot (28-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Sounds like you're on the right path. 15c and 60% is lovely if you can hold it close there. Perhaps easy on the fan. I like to point it away from the hanging plants and on the lowest setting. Slight breeze but they aren't blowing around in the wind.

See if that doesn't get you a few more days out of your dry.

Cheers

B
    When the lights go off tomorrow I’ll see what the humidity in the room is just before the lights come on. I’ll also drop the temp of the room to 15 degrees then I’ll get an idea of humidity. I know the humidity will probably be higher once the lights are off for good & plants starved. I was told to turn the oscillating fans off after 36 hours but your saying keep them on?

Do you not put a dehumidifier in at all? Just let them naturally dry?

On the day of or day before of turning the light off do you stop the water or just leave it?

Appreciate the help thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstewart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    I cut all my buds off and lay them on A screen on top of my upstairs bedroom under light fan, for about 5 to 7 days, then squished them up in 28 grams blocks, and put them in A lose Top Jar for the next 6 months to 3 years. they turn out perfect.
    Sometimes if they are not dry enough, I will put them out in direct sunlight for about half A Day, before doing that.

I know this is the perfect way of doing it in the jar etc but I’m not sure I could wait this long for a smoke I’m guessing when you say in the sun light your somewhere hot?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstewart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), scoot (29-05-23)

Thanks

I know this is the perfect way of doing it in the jar etc but I’m not sure I could wait this long for a smoke I’m guessing when you say in the sun light your somewhere hot?

Florida

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

scoot (29-05-23)

Thanks

Florida
    That explains your heat.. I’m in Scotland uk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstewart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), scoot (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,488 Times

When the lights go off tomorrow I’ll see what the humidity in the room is just before the lights come on. I’ll also drop the temp of the room to 15 degrees then I’ll get an idea of humidity. I know the humidity will probably be higher once the lights are off for good & plants starved. I was told to turn the oscillating fans off after 36 hours but your saying keep them on?

Do you not put a dehumidifier in at all? Just let them naturally dry?

On the day of or day before of turning the light off do you stop the water or just leave it?

Appreciate the help thanks

I keep a humidifier on 60 in my dry space. Light breeze the whole time. Just trying to copy what the guys in the facilities do.

No mucking about changing things just a consistent dry environment. I also like to keep all the remaining sugar leaves on like you.

As far as leading up to the chop, I keep them as healthy as I can before hand. I do dim my light which cools it down. Maybe drop light to 11 hours. But I no longer starve, dehydrate, nor give them extended darkness.

These are things I do because there's a fella named Bruce Bugbee who has done a whole mess of science with cannabis. I trust him.

Others have faith in different sources. That's fine too. There's 1000 ways and all that..

Hope that helps.

Cheers

B

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), Kstewart (29-05-23), scoot (29-05-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,102 Times

I'm curious why do you store your weed like this? Surley pressing it into blocks like that damages the weed?

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flyingscotsman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-23), Kstewart (29-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingscotsman View Post
    I'm curious why do you store your weed like this? Surley pressing it into blocks like that damages the weed?

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk
    It doesn't damage the weed; it just does A slow Cure without doing all that burping. whoop whoop.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 29-05-23 at 08:32 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (29-05-23)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast