Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: What could cause this leaf problem.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Been Thanked: 37 Times

    Default What could cause this leaf problem.

    11L Gold Label Custom No perlite (1L Worm castings)
    Great White Premium.
    Samsung strips F-series gen.3 3000K - 18/6 - 20 DLI.
    Grandmommy Purple // Herbies.

    What could cause this leaf problem in these settings?
    Otherwise healthy...
    Thank you in advance for helping.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050955.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	885.0 KB 
ID:	441784
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050956.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	807.2 KB 
ID:	441785

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kamille For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (16-09-23), GEORGE (15-09-23), mpsj (16-09-23), MrG (15-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23), V8 (18-09-23)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,119
    Thanks
    22,132
    Been Thanked: 23,831 Times

    Default

    I would not concern myself with that at all.

    Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (16-09-23), GEORGE (15-09-23), illearth67 (15-09-23), kamille (16-09-23), PeculiarParsnip (15-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23), V8 (18-09-23), Valentina (21-09-23)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    2,509
    Thanks
    11,224
    Been Thanked: 15,847 Times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamille View Post
    11L Gold Label Custom No perlite (1L Worm castings)
    Great White Premium.
    Samsung strips F-series gen.3 3000K - 18/6 - 20 DLI.
    Grandmommy Purple // Herbies.

    What could cause this leaf problem in these settings?
    Otherwise healthy...
    Thank you in advance for helping.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050955.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	885.0 KB 
ID:	441784
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050956.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	807.2 KB 
ID:	441785
    I would closely examine the underside of the leaves. The blemishes don't appear to mimic a deficiency pattern but possibly little beasties nibbling.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (16-09-23), GEORGE (29-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23), V8 (18-09-23), Valentina (21-09-23)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Been Thanked: 37 Times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpsj View Post
    I would closely examine the underside of the leaves. The blemishes don't appear to mimic a deficiency pattern but possibly little beasties nibbling.
    No beasties.
    ThX for helping.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kamille For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (18-09-23), GEORGE (29-09-23), mpsj (18-09-23), MrG (18-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23), V8 (18-09-23)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    560
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

    Default

    the older leaves die off naturally

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BR3WDAWG For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (18-09-23), GEORGE (29-09-23), MrG (18-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23), V8 (18-09-23)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    eastern us
    Posts
    9,782
    Thanks
    87,992
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

    Default

    Still looks like pests from here. Did you use a loup or scope when checking? Most pests are too small to see without good amplification.

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (29-09-23), mpsj (18-09-23), MrG (18-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23), V8 (18-09-23)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    19
    Been Thanked: 97 Times

    Default

    Hey there! Your setup sounds pretty solid. As for the leaf issue, it could be due to a few things like pH fluctuations, nutrient imbalances, or even just a minor hiccup. Keep an eye on your pH, make sure your nutrients are balanced, and ensure good airflow around your plants. Grandmommy Purple is a great strain, and with a little TLC, those leaves should perk up

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bushu For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (18-09-23), GEORGE (29-09-23), MrG (18-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), Shaun (18-09-23)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Up on a ridge.
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanks
    9,133
    Been Thanked: 23,262 Times

    Default

    Ive had similar leaf markings, i think its a genetic condition. I suspected pests as well but nothing ever came of it, and it was isolated to the lowers that eventually die off anyways

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (18-09-23), IceCalibur (18-09-23), mpsj (18-09-23), MrG (18-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), V8 (21-09-23)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Been Thanked: 37 Times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Still looks like pests from here. Did you use a loup or scope when checking? Most pests are too small to see without good amplification.
    Had a very good look with my diamond loop. Nothing 2 be found.

    Quote Originally Posted by bushu View Post
    Hey there! Your setup sounds pretty solid. As for the leaf issue, it could be due to a few things like pH fluctuations, nutrient imbalances, or even just a minor hiccup. Keep an eye on your pH, make sure your nutrients are balanced, and ensure good airflow around your plants. Grandmommy Purple is a great strain, and with a little TLC, those leaves should perk up
    I have only encountered this with purple strains. Maybe they are more sensitive to PH fluctuations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Ive had similar leaf markings, i think its a genetic condition. I suspected pests as well but nothing ever came of it, and it was isolated to the lowers that eventually die off anyways
    I'm thinking the same thing. Genetics.
    Have had this, only with Purple strains. (Purple Punch from Barney's seeds)
    Never had this with any other strain.
    The upper and newer leaves are now perfect, exactly the same as the Purple Punch run.

    Thank you all for helping.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kamille For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (25-09-23), GEORGE (29-09-23), mpsj (20-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), V8 (21-09-23)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    4,773
    Thanks
    42,809
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

    Default

    Coco + LED, IMO your plant was growing too fast when it developed those leaves.

    Just IMO. I'd up P and K, micro nutrients next time during the same grow phase with the same strain. And that's why a grow diary is important. But I digress.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

    May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.


    FORUM RULES

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (25-09-23), GEORGE (29-09-23), kamille (21-09-23), MonkeyTime (22-09-23), PoizonIvy (21-09-23), V8 (21-09-23)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States