Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Time Grower - EXCITED but also worried

Thanks

She's looking beautiful mate leafs are a little pale are you using any neutrience yet if looking for cheap feeds iv always used biobizz nutrients for cheapness mate but most leaves are looking okay a little curling heat or cold stress
    But also could be stress from transplanting and should sort out within a few days usually recover after 2 days
    As for the defoilation I wouldnt be too bothered about taking much from her yet if your rally wanted to you could start taking 1 node from the bottom of the plant but honestly the way she is looking she's totally fine mate

With a LED you could have at around 15 inches away from plant due to the low levels of heat from a LED but that's how iv always done mine at about 15 inches and if dimmable ill only use on about 30-40% to start a seedling off then as it progresses through veg I usually slowly turn up the brightness so it don't shock the plant

Keep doing what your doing mate your absolotly smashing it my first ever time I encounter that many problems it was unbearable but if you push through and take on information you be a pro in no time matey also do not hesitate to use the infirmary section on this forum as I learned alot of information about how to read my plant from that section
    If the root was poking out the soil on top mine always do that I usually just add a little more soil and when transplanting make sure to go Iver that root level and hopefully it will root sturdy aswell

I'll keep following your progress aswell buddy and throw information where I can bud but honestly do not worry your doing perfect maye
    Last edited by skunkybucket; 09-02-24 at 06:47 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skunkybucket For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), seekingtrue (09-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skunkybucket View Post
    She's looking beautiful mate leafs are a little pale are you using any neutrience yet if looking for cheap feeds iv always used biobizz nutrients for cheapness mate but most leaves are looking okay a little curling heat or cold stress
    But also could be stress from transplanting and should sort out within a few days usually recover after 2 days
    As for the defoilation I wouldnt be too bothered about taking much from her yet if your rally wanted to you could start taking 1 node from the bottom of the plant but honestly the way she is looking she's totally fine mate

With a LED you could have at around 15 inches away from plant due to the low levels of heat from a LED but that's how iv always done mine at about 15 inches and if dimmable ill only use on about 30-40% to start a seedling off then as it progresses through veg I usually slowly turn up the brightness so it don't shock the plant

Keep doing what your doing mate your absolotly smashing it my first ever time I encounter that many problems it was unbearable but if you push through and take on information you be a pro in no time matey also do not hesitate to use the infirmary section on this forum as I learned alot of information about how to read my plant from that section
    If the root was poking out the soil on top mine always do that I usually just add a little more soil and when transplanting make sure to go Iver that root level and hopefully it will root sturdy aswell

I'll keep following your progress aswell buddy and throw information where I can bud but honestly do not worry your doing perfect maye
    Just want to say a huge thank you for this detailed message mate, I really do appreciate it and your words of encouragement are amazing and motivating

I have not started with nutrients yet as I'm using Bio Terra Plus organic soil which has slow releasing nutrients but I intend to start with nutrients soon, I have BioBizz BioGrow Organics, I'll start in the next few days.

Will post updates here periodically!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seekingtrue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), skunkybucket (10-02-24)

Thanks

Hi folks - 12/02 update, looks like she's a little sick since using the Biobizz Nutrients, it seems these spots have appeared some of the leaves, the coyltons appear to have dried - apart from adding nutrients, nothing else has changed, images attached, any guidance is appreciated!

One other thing I've noticed is there isn't much vertical growth, doesn't appear any new nodes will be sprouting from her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0123.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	558.1 KB 
ID:	444794

Name:	IMG_0122.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	444795

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	324.7 KB 
ID:	444796
    Last edited by seekingtrue; 12-02-24 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added details, amended Biobuzz to Biobizz

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seekingtrue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), MrG (12-02-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,254 Times

The spots on the bottom leaves looks more like water splash if anything, wouldn't give them a second thought or the colydons whatever they are called.
    Over the next few days she will start stretching in preparation for flowering. Plant looks good mate.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), seekingtrue (12-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    The spots on the bottom leaves looks more like water splash if anything, wouldn't give them a second thought or the colydons whatever they are called.
    Over the next few days she will start stretching in preparation for flowering. Plant looks good mate.

Thanks MrG, really appreciate the reply man, good to know, I may have splashed some leaves last night and maybe the light has burnt them? I'll continue to keep an eye and update here - I've been taking daily notes and my plan is to collate my findings at the very end with conclusions and best practices for an ABSOLUTE first timer
    Last edited by seekingtrue; 12-02-24 at 08:53 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seekingtrue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), MrG (12-02-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,254 Times

Your doing well so far mate, looks nice and healthy, no burned tops etc

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), seekingtrue (18-02-24)

Thanks

Looking great that mate I usually remove them lower fan leaves eventually anyways so I wouldn't worry too much just keep a eye on were the water is ending up as that could definatly be the culprit of what happened there like mrg said but looks perfect above that leaf I would monitor and not be too fussed at this moment as looks healthy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skunkybucket For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-02-24), seekingtrue (18-02-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skunkybucket View Post
    Looking great that mate I usually remove them lower fan leaves eventually anyways so I wouldn't worry too much just keep a eye on were the water is ending up as that could definatly be the culprit of what happened there like mrg said but looks perfect above that leaf I would monitor and not be too fussed at this moment as looks healthy
    Thanks bro - it was definitely water on the leaves as there has not been any worsening since last reported - just about to post an update

16. The Following User Says Thank You to seekingtrue For This Useful Post:

skunkybucket (20-02-24)

Thanks

So, we're 6 days in from the last update - she looks like she's doing well and I'm pleased overall, looks like some yellowing to the lower leaves (which as far I am reading is a lack of Potassium) but it doesn't look too bad. I've also been reading about the fan leaves, at the moment, they are covering developing buds which is quite noticeable since the leaves are smaller and the buds aren't really forming as quickly as those exposed to light more generously, but not sure whether to trim them as I've heard the biggest leaves are really important as they absorb the most light for the rest of the plant.

Only thing now is I'm not sure when to switch to Biobizz Biobloom, I'm still using Bio-Grow.

Also, being an autoflower, do I need to consider switching the light cycle to 12-12 at any point as it seems like from my reading that the auto strains just 'know' when to start doing their thing?

Your feedback as always is valued so so much, I'm learning a lot from the forum and my 'Cannabis Grow Bible' lol

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	444927

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	444928

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	444929

Name:	IMG_0141.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	444930

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seekingtrue For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (18-02-24), IceCalibur (19-02-24), MrG (19-02-24), skunkybucket (20-02-24), Valium (20-02-24)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seekingtrue View Post
    Also, being an autoflower, do I need to consider switching the light cycle to 12-12 at any point as it seems like from my reading that the auto strains just 'know' when to start doing their thing?

Your feedback as always is valued so so much, I'm learning a lot from the forum and my 'Cannabis Grow Bible' lol
    Hey seekingtrue, coming along nicely in here

To answer your question, no, you do not need to worry about switching the light cycle, which is one of the good points about growing autos.

You're good as long as you give them a minimum of 18 hours a day.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

MrG (19-02-24), seekingtrue (Yesterday), TightNugs (19-02-24)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast