Thread: Please advice on feeding after nute burn week 5 veg

Thanks

Default Please advice on feeding after nute burn week 5 veg

Advice please: Photos were taken on same day as this post. These are OG Kush and Ayahuasca Purple feminised, I'm in day 33 of veg after 14 days of the seedling stage. They are under a 400 watt HPS and been feeding them biobizz grow, they are in 11litre pots with biobizz lightmix soil.
    I repotted a few times so only started feeding them when hungry as had some bottom yellow fan leaves showing. I fed a low feed a few times then 6 days ago I increased it from 2ml grow to 3ml biobizz grow on the OG kush's and 2.5ml on the smaller Ayahuasca Purples as yellowing was progressing. I noticed 4 days ago leaves tips bent down, yellow tips, then since then small red spots that got worse, leaves yellowing progressed up the leaf and other growth very dark etc, so i reckon nute burn and nitrogen toxity. The new growth looks healthier a few leaves with small yellow tips of nute burn.

Yesterday I fed them all biobizz algamix 4ml and 1ml grow, gave them 2 litres each. What I read is Algamix helps stressed and overfed plants.

My plan is too put into flower this week and crank the light too 600watt. I will need to feed them in a couple days no more and need advice please on how to feed them, what biobizz grow dosage should I do or how long do I hold of feeding them?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240208_192800.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	444775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240208_193230.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	401.4 KB 
ID:	444776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240208_193237.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	444777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240209_190258.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	444778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240209_190305.jpg 
Size:	348.4 KB 
ID:	444779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240209_190313.jpg 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	444780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240209_190320.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	444781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240209_190404.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	324.6 KB 
ID:	444782  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Be For This Useful Post:

MrG (11-02-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,254 Times

I'd say they were leaning toward hungry rather than overfed.

When plants are hungry the newest leaves will be the ones watch.

You have a way to measure ec? And ph?

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

TightNugs (11-02-24), V8 (11-02-24)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply man, its about 6.5-6.6PH, I dont have anything to measure EC with. There has been a general theme with them, yellowing tips on pretty much all of them and some of which is spreading up the leaves over a number off days, small red spots that increased , dark leaves, bent down tips thats why I'm thinking nute burn and nitrogen toxity. The tops look light but underneath is all dark green leaves on all of them and def showing nitrogen excess.

I just dont want to overfeed them or underfeed them as I burnt them, Im hoping the algamix will help them just confused on what to start feeding them in next few days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Be For This Useful Post:

MrG (11-02-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,254 Times

The one in the last pic could do with an epsom spray, the rest I'd keep feeding as you are, ph is fine, I'm not sure on the other stuff but I'd go 2ml per litre on the grow and go with that and see how they go.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

Cali Be (12-02-24)

Thanks

Thanks good idea, I had another look at them today and they are still looking about the same I'm sure I burnt them a bit and caused some nitrogen toxicity due to the bent down leaf tips, theres also dark green parts to the leaves below the light top growth which is really noticeable when I look on a few of them.

Do you think I could have burnt them and then due to dropping feed down they started getting hungry and started displaying some other symptoms with the original nute burn and then I just assumed its all nute burn.
    Six days ago they were all last properly fed, the larger had biobizz veg 3.0ml and the smaller 2.5ml and then a three days ago the algmaix 4ml and 1ml veg for them all. The girls have not been fed that much since the start.
    From seed they are now Day 48, only started feeding Day 35 as repotted a few times and fed them only water at 6.8ph, I did spray them with water everyday day and they loved it but then noticed around there was yellowing on the lower fan leaves. I started feeding them every few days, first feed was grow 0.5ml day 35, next feed was grow 1ml then upped it a few days later to 2.0ml.
    On day 41 there was still yellowing getting worse on bottom fan leaves so upped it too grow 3.0ml on the bigger ones and the two small ones 2.5ml of grow. The next day I fed two of the bigger ones again with grow of 3.0ml as only gave them a litre each the day before and these two were feeling pretty light. Stupidly I think I noticed they pretty much all had very minor yellow tips and a few very small red spots after I fed them two which is pretty rookie of me.

Over the next three days I noticed larger and more yellow tips, tips also bent down, darker green leaves lower down with bent tips, more red/rusty spots so I gave them Biobizz Algamix seeweed which is full of micronutrients, amino acids etc its really good for stressed plants, 4ml of this and Grow 1ml on Day 46. Now its day 48 and there are more yellowing fan leaves up some of the plants starting from the tips and working up which I think is getting worse, a few small leaves near base of plants look like they nitrogen defiancy so I think you are right I need to feed them but its confusing when they show nute burn and nitrogen toxitiy.

I worry that if I feed them due to having nute burn it will piss them off even more, even though I think they are showing they are hungry, the new growth is looking ok, there are yellow tips on the new growth on some of them.

I am thinking your advice is looking good of grow 2ml, its the worry that it may tip them over as there are signs of nute burn still but there are also signs they are hungry too and if not they must be getting hungry.

Thanks again

Thanks

Just to add: I have just worked out that the water is soft water which would explain a few issues with them and why they need calmag as Mr G pointed out they needed some epsom which is correct. Thanks Mr G.

My plan is too feed biobizz grow 2.0ml and calmag 0.3ml per L too the girls who are hungry but not showing too much defiencies.

And Grow 2.0ml with Calmag 0.5ml per L for the ones that look deficient and have a number of red spots and other issues which is slowly progressing onto more leafs.

I can see looking back that they got hungry then they got burnt and now hungry and started showing issues so hopefully the next few feeds will get them looking healthy again.

I just hope that moving forward and flipping into flower I dont over or underfeed them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Be For This Useful Post:

MrG (12-02-24)