Thread: Seeds in bud

Thanks

Default Seeds in bud

We brought seeds from Barney's farm. They are dried and just done a trim and found seeds in the bud . Couldn't see any seeds in the bud until we trimmed. They say all the seeds are feminized so don't get why this has happened. Is it something I have done while growing or have they sent me a male seed any help

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigskip123 For This Useful Post:

Shaun (23-03-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,033 Times

Seeds happen from time to time. It can be caused by genetics or environmental stressors. It happens. Most common cause other than genetics would probably be due to light leaks. Malnutrition and bad watering habits will do it too. Bugs can also do it among other things. It wont hurt anything. You can still smoke it and get desired effects. The biggest drawback when it comes to seeds is that the plant energy swictches from fueling bud growth to producing seeds. Well, that and bag appeal lol. wouldnt recommend using them because iirc its atleast a 50% chance that plant will carry the same trait. If theyre underdeveloped then that means whatever happened occured later in the grow, if theyre hard theyve been coooking a while. Try to keep a good eye on your plants because a lot of the time you can catch it before they cause major problems, also a good idea to lolly pop plants becuase ist very common for it to happen at the bottom of the plant where the bud sites are whispy anyways.
    Last edited by Shaun; 23-03-24 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,520 Times

Why would you think a male plant would produce seeds?

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

4 fingered Fred (24-03-24), barney_b (24-03-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

The last couple of grows I've noticed one or 2 plants developing bananas at the back end and and one or two seeds and I've used barney's seeds for ages. But like others have said could be other factors

Sent from my SM-F731B using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,878 Times

It could be a multitude of things... but if it's only a few, I wouldn't give it a second thought
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove