Thread: Kerosene krash and blueberry, too much or not enough?

Thanks

Default Kerosene krash and blueberry, too much or not enough?

Repotted 5 days ago, issues started pretty much straight away afterwards.
    Strains affected the most are the kerosene krash and blueberry, initially I think heat stress was causing the leaves to slightly taco despite the light (120w LED from gerylove) being set to 50% and 18" above them, raised and dimmed slightly and that issue went away. Now this looks like potassium deficiencies to me and maybe some nitrogen as well, soil I used to transplant was 1 part worm castings, 1 part coco 1 part perlite and 1 part jacks magic compost. I added in living soils grow mix at their lowest suggested dose at 3ml per litre soil used and a small amount of mycorrhizae booster in the transplant holes. PH of the water used is always around 6.5, temps are around 75 and humidity 65%
    I need to top them ideally but I don't want to stress them even more than what's happening here, any advice welcome. I will try to post the pics but having a hard time attaching them to the post.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pulchripes For This Useful Post:

Jingo (26-03-24)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240325_180359.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	445605

Name:	20240325_180403.jpg 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	445606

Name:	20240325_180507.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	445607

Name:	20240325_180450.jpg 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	445608

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pulchripes For This Useful Post:

Jingo (26-03-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,729 Times

Looks like the pH of your potting mix is off. That will show up as deficiencies because the plant won't absorb all the nutrients it needs if the pH is off. Your pots are small enough that you could just carry on and in two or three weeks you would be feeding just like coco. By then all the nutes in the medium would be exhausted and you would want to be having a pH of 5.7 to 6.2 going in.

They look healthy enough and I don't think they're going to be slowed down very much. I like to use the same soil all the way through a grow no matter how many times I repot. Although, these days I just wait until the soil is out of nutrients and feed lightly with every watering. I'm probably a little different that way.

I would go ahead and get some extra runoff every time you water, that will help get rid of some of your pH problems. By the time you get to the feeding every day you'll be needing runoff.
    Last edited by Jingo; 26-03-24 at 03:20 AM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

MrG (26-03-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    Looks like the pH of your potting mix is off. That will show up as deficiencies because the plant won't absorb all the nutrients it needs if the pH is off. Your pots are small enough that you could just carry on and in two or three weeks you would be feeding just like coco. By then all the nutes in the medium would be exhausted and you would want to be having a pH of 5.7 to 6.2 going in.

They look healthy enough and I don't think they're going to be slowed down very much. I like to use the same soil all the way through a grow no matter how many times I repot. Although, these days I just wait until the soil is out of nutrients and feed lightly with every watering. I'm probably a little different that way.

I would go ahead and get some extra runoff every time you water, that will help get rid of some of your pH problems. By the time you get to the feeding every day you'll be needing runoff.
    Thanks for the reply, watering to extra runoff was my next idea actually, it's my first grow using dry amendments, which is what makes me think ugh they're gonna be harder to flush if that's what it eventually needs due to over feeding, seedling to around this size all I used was the same mix but no amendments at all other than a bit of bat guano which was probably not a smart move early stage but they always looked real good regardless.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pulchripes For This Useful Post:

Jingo (26-03-24)