Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: extractor on outside of tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,520 Times

I usually filter my intake regardless.
    Am I right in saying ac infinity do a dedicated in line cf?

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), Shaun (31-03-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,033 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    I usually filter my intake regardless.
    Am I right in saying ac infinity do a dedicated in line cf?

I havent really looked at their whole line up. Mine isnt. That would be absolutely fantastic for an application like you fellas are using. I’m gonna look now

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), CheapHomeGrown (31-03-24), MrG (31-03-24)

Thanks

I didnt see one, but i did see this bad boy. That would be cool to tie it into your fart fan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8649.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	445706

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

B1unt (09-04-24), CheapHomeGrown (31-03-24), MrG (31-03-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I didnt see one, but i did see this bad boy. That would be cool to tie it into your fart fan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8649.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	445706
    I was mistaken. Its an online air filter for intake I think.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), CheapHomeGrown (31-03-24), Shaun (31-03-24)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,247 Times

The problem is having a fan /filter in a small flower room is a bad idea IMO, when I was growing in the loft I would push the air though the filter, because the fan/ filter takes up too much space(height), you could lose 1.5ft if your flower room is 6ft high, That's not fun, take the pot size and the space for the lights, don't have much room for the plants

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), MrG (01-04-24), Shaun (02-04-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jake hammer View Post
    Does the fan being on the end of ducting reduce the affectively of the carbon filter has it would have to travel the 3 meters of ducting instead if being connected directly to it?
    No but it may do your fan. If your gonna run with long duct runs look to try and keep them straight as possible, more bends their are extractor efficiency will become lesser as the fan has to work harder to do same job.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4 fingered Fred For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), MrG (01-04-24)

Thanks

Yeah. In this type of setup the difference between pushing and pulling is negligible. Prefilters work by preventing larger molecules (dust) from binding to the carbon inside of your filter, which would result in decreased efficiency and life. Even if your prefilter is on the otherside of the carbon, it can be easily remedied by rigging up a filter to your exhaust port inside of the tent.

There are systems where air direction through a filter truly matters, fortunately grow tent exhausts arent one of them
    Thanks for your reply.
    I may of been unclear or I'm not understanding properly which is on me.
    As regards the pushing and pulling and the pre filter becoming a post filter.
    Wouldn't that be the case if I was having the fan on the inside and connecting the carbon filter outside the tent via ducting.
    I was planning on keeping the carbon filter inside the tent.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake hammer For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), MrG (02-04-24), Shaun (02-04-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jake hammer View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    I may of been unclear or I'm not understanding properly which is on me.
    As regards the pushing and pulling and the pre filter becoming a post filter.
    Wouldn't that be the case if I was having the fan on the inside and connecting the carbon filter outside the tent via ducting.
    I was planning on keeping the carbon filter inside the tent.
    Im sorry, i get to rambling.
    Keeping the filter inside the tent and the fan outside would be fine. You wouldnt have to worry about changing your prefilter around. Just be mindful of fan direction when you install. I hung duct and installed commercial units for 6 years, and i did it the last time i tinkered with my exhaust lol

There are several ways you can do it. Ive always liked to put anything i can outside of the tent, to save space and keep any unnecessary load off the frame.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), CheapHomeGrown (02-04-24), Jake hammer (08-04-24), MrG (02-04-24)

Thanks

Keeping the filter inside the tent and the fan outside would be fine. You wouldnt have to worry about changing your prefilter around. Just be mindful of fan direction when you install. I hung duct and installed commercial units for 6 years, and i did it the last time i tinkered with my exhaust lol

There are several ways you can do it. Ive always liked to put anything i can outside of the tent, to save space and keep any unnecessary load off the frame.
    No mate we are all idiots lol. Your post clearly states what you wanted haha.

And yes if you add a short bit of ducting between filter and fan you can have fan outside of tent.
    I actually have all 3 of my tents set up in the same way.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), Jake hammer (08-04-24), Shaun (06-04-24)

Thanks

I have sooo much crap on top of my tents lol

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-04-24), Jake hammer (08-04-24), Shaun (06-04-24)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast