Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Plant Problems/Deficiencys (Pics!)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by supremeweeder View Post
    About half a litre, I've four on the go and the other three are not drooping although one got a little burnt while I found the correct light height. All in 15l pots although the soil has settled to maybe 11/12 litres.
    This is my first grow so it's a definite learning process.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    OK so first of all I'm sorry your struggling and I do not think you are going to lose your harvest. I think your problem is getting a proper hydro flow through your pot and that is something that's just going to take practice. I never could get 11L fabric pots to play well with soil and my plants had the same issues your having. I settled on around 2L every weakish when small and 2 or 3 times a week in bloom depending which was not a good solution either. I had to water VERY slowly (moisten the top soil and wait 15 minutes then hit it again etc.). They never looked particularly nice to me. Otherwise the soil would dry and then Id swing back and forth between lock out and over saturated. Ive found a 19l to be a little less of a pita. I aint saying you cant grow in the pots you have but if you'd like to cut out some stress use a bigger pot.

Do not be surprised if you get A LOT of defoliation the plant is eating itself because it has decided your soil is hostile. I wouldn't go throwing a bunch of nutes at it either.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-01-20), supremeweeder (10-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    OK so first of all I'm sorry your struggling and I do not think you are going to lose your harvest. I think your problem is getting a proper hydro flow through your pot and that is something that's just going to take practice. I never could get 11L fabric pots to play well with soil and my plants had the same issues your having. I settled on around 2L every weakish when small and 2 or 3 times a week in bloom depending which was not a good solution either. I had to water VERY slowly (moisten the top soil and wait 15 minutes then hit it again etc.). They never looked particularly nice to me. Otherwise the soil would dry and then Id swing back and forth between lock out and over saturated. Ive found a 19l to be a little less of a pita. I aint saying you cant grow in the pots you have but if you'd like to cut out some stress use a bigger pot.

Do not be surprised if you get A LOT of defoliation the plant is eating itself because it has decided your soil is hostile. I wouldn't go throwing a bunch of nutes at it either.
    It's the learning curve again lol. I'll switch the DH off and see how it goes and try the slow watering. I'll be switching away from the ecothrive next time turns out it's ineffective under 40 litre pot size so I'll have to try something else.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supremeweeder For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (11-01-20), GEORGE (10-01-20)

Thanks

So the discoloration is watering issues rather than magnesium or nitrogen deficiency?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supremeweeder For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (11-01-20), GEORGE (10-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

So the discoloration is watering issues rather than magnesium or nitrogen deficiency?

More than likely mate too much too soon on the watering front and it can really stunt growth. ... less is more
    For the first few weeks you need to get a good root mass going in the pots before root development slows down

You have a diary running? As it's a good thing to have when your starting out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (11-01-20), GEORGE (10-01-20), supremeweeder (10-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    More than likely mate too much too soon on the watering front and it can really stunt growth. ... less is more
    For the first few weeks you need to get a good root mass going in the pots before root development slows down

You have a diary running? As it's a good thing to have when your starting out
    I'll bear that in mind from now on. I've turned off the dehumidifier for the time being, and I'll keep a check on the moisture in the pot.
    I keep a record of everything I do. Next time I'll do things differently.
    Thanks folks.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supremeweeder For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (11-01-20), GEORGE (10-01-20), Greengrass (11-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

I'll bear that in mind from now on. I've turned off the dehumidifier for the time being, and I'll keep a check on the moisture in the pot.
    I keep a record of everything I do. Next time I'll do things differently.
    Thanks folks.

Your doing fine mate, better than I ever did when I started out, it's just that thinking if we give them a good soaking they'll grow faster when the opposite is true if your growing in good old fashioned mud
    Took me plenty of head scratching and time in figuring out that giving just enough speeds things up nicely and especially true if you growing Auto's in soil
    Atb fella

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (11-01-20), GEORGE (11-01-20), supremeweeder (11-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

It's usually easier to plant seeds/ seedlings into smaller pots and transplant as the roots grow through. It's easier to keep check of how dry the soil is.
    Bate in mind you said the soil is bone dry a finger deep, for a young plant with not much root mass that might be too dry. Nitrogen is only mobile and able to be absorbed if the soil is damp for example.
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (11-01-20), GEORGE (11-01-20), Greengrass (12-01-20), supremeweeder (13-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    It's usually easier to plant seeds/ seedlings into smaller pots and transplant as the roots grow through. It's easier to keep check of how dry the soil is.
    Bate in mind you said the soil is bone dry a finger deep, for a young plant with not much root mass that might be too dry. Nitrogen is only mobile and able to be absorbed if the soil is damp for example.
    Hi dude, I've been keeping an eye on it and the soil goes dry quickly. I've given it a very slow water today to make sure it doesn't just run off. When I opened the tent the entire plants were drooping, is it possible I'm under watering? I think maybe I put too much perlite in and the soil is too loose?
    My plants are autos hence the larger pots, next time I'll try something different. Maybe a dripper system or something and much less aeration.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supremeweeder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-01-20), prime (13-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Prime your last comment had it in one, nitrogen shortage as too dry. I've watered three days running and they've bounced back. Thank you! And thanks everyone that piped in

18. The Following User Says Thank You to supremeweeder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-01-20)

Thanks

Looks like it's help but when I zoom it's all blurry

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heardygurdy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-02-20)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast