Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: autowatering for soil grow

Thanks

Default autowatering for soil grow

What you need:

2 metres of flexy 13mm piping (depending on grow space)

13mm t-piece
    drippers (up to you which to use and how many are required)
    4mm hole punch and goof plugs
    2 metres soft 4mm piping
    water pump (mj1000 would be best)
    water butt
    timer

First off work out the length of piping required. You should use about a metre from the pump to the floor of the grow space.

push the t-piece onto the opposite end to the pump.

To construct the manifold:

The next stage depends on how many plants you have as you need to punch holes in the second length of pipe so that each plant has a corresponding punched hole. In each hole you then need to push in a goof plug. (see below)

Cut the 4mm pipe so that each plant can be reached with a dripper then connect these to the goof plugs. (see below)

Connect a dripper to each 4mm pipe.

Now, take the ends of the manifold pipe (as it's called) and connect to the T-piece coming from the pump. (once again see below)

Place the manifold in the grow space so that all plants can be reached evenly. Now connect the pump up to the timer and fill the reservoir with nutrient solution.

Your setup should resemble this:

The next step is a little tricky as you need to test the system to find out the best length of time for the pump to come on, so that all the plants get the required amount of feed. Once you have this worked out, set the timer so that every three days or so it will feed the plants. If you opted for the adjustable drippers then you can also set these to the desired quantity.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asci For This Useful Post:

kimbo420 (24-12-10), pagan86 (14-07-10), Rotten Scarecrow (16-07-10), TheGreenMachine (10-07-10)

Thanks

very nice dude, think i might have to try this out as i keep forgetting to check on my bitches.

Thanks

Cool

Excellent post/idea asci.

Thanks

Great mate, just remembered I bought a drip irrigation system from wilkos last year for £1 at end of season. Just got to find the thing now

Thanks

Default lettuce rafts

has anyone tried that lettuce raft systems to any success

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GREAT LAKES View Post
    has anyone tried that lettuce raft systems to any success
    I've never heard of it mate, but i would be very interested in hearing anymore info on it if you have it please?

Thanks

I'm not a soil grower myself but would a wick system linked to the bottom of the pots do a good job...might be useful for people going away on holidays etc? Just a thought.

PS: Could always cover the top of the soil with mylar too to stop surface from drying out too.
    Smoking weed doesn't take my problems away, but it does stop me being arsed about them!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by keshman View Post
    I'm not a soil grower myself but would a wick system linked to the bottom of the pots do a good job...might be useful for people going away on holidays etc? Just a thought.

PS: Could always cover the top of the soil with mylar too to stop surface from drying out too.
    I think thats us basically on a hydroponics system, I don't think soil wicks water too well. you need to add other stuff to it, not 100% tbh :S
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

Thanks

A cheap way of doing it is to stick a bowl of water above the soil level and dangle a piece of string (or 2-3) from the bowl to the soil. The water only moves down the string if it's touching dry soil. Probably wouldn't be a good idea with all that electricty in the grow room, unless you could guarentee no spillage.

Thanks

Can anyone help me out with what the best method for this might be? :S
    Will be at home over xmas for a couple of weeks, and the plants are going to have to stay here.

Does that bowl of water + string thing really sort the plants out enough water? And whats this whole lettuce raft thing?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wishfulthinker For This Useful Post:

waterdawg12 (01-06-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast