27 71.05%
  • No dont upgrade, I like THC as it is

11 28.95%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: upgrade or not?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,783 Times

Default upgrade or not?

I need you good people to let me know if you think we should update the forum software to the latest version of vbulletin, we have had this current version for 2 1/2 years now and there has been many updates to the vbulletin software sinse which might benefit THC

anyway let me know what you think

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

i assume this will mean the site will go down for a while?? if so how long approx?? apart from that surely an updates a good thing!
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

well im the kind of guy who likes to use what i know and dont normally like change on these sites but i rekon youd make it look swank so why not!

swank is good btw lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,783 Times

I doubt the site would be down for to long BUT it would mean that our current theme would not be compatible with the new software and a lot of the modifications that have been added would also not be compatible

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

on a cloud half the time, other half in the fridge
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,406 Times

hhmmm ye i think it woul be confusing too, i like the site the way it is home away from home lol
    ---Marley's Grow Diaries---

Marley's Diary - Black Rose - Kushage - Sour AK - Jack https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ack-Black-Rose
    Marley's 3 Strain Soil Grow - BlackJack - Nebula - Critical#47 https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-Soil-Grow

A Trich or Few a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

im not sure i like change, im getting old now

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Im not to keen on change myself and we have every thing we need write here dont we.
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

I love this forum, and have gotten very used to it over the years, so much so that I know where to click before the page has loaded half the time! And the design's spot on I've become very familiar with it and I'd be sad to see this theme totally gone.. However, my main concern is security. With updates to things like forum software, as with most software, is patching various loopholes and security exploits that are found as time goes on and the product is tested. And at this forum security should be top priority! Every day hackers are looking for ways to get people's private information because at the end of the day - info = money, and there's a fair amount of personal info on this forum that we need to keep safe. You upgrade/update your antivirus don't you? You should update everything you use daily on yer computer IMO

I know the theme's lovely, and it works very nicely but I'm sure the new version will have some shiny new features too!

I think that if we do upgrade, we should either have a competition to design a theme for the new software, or find a member willing to spend a bit of their time to make one outright. I know there's a few of you web dev'ers out there - anyone fancy doing a favour?

Ragman, do you have any idea any features we might lose due to addons we have currently not being compatible?

on a cloud half the time, other half in the fridge
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,406 Times

yeah eggbox maybe we dont like it but our safety comes first so what ever needs be i say

good work you do we love ya for it peace

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast