Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My Spaces

Thanks

Well I'm envious, because I had to hacksaw 20mm off from all of the upright poles and 15mm off from two of the horizontal poles to get the covering over the frame with my XL Budbox. It took hours of frustration before I finally got the thing the way that it should be.

Luck of the draw, I s'pose.
    Dude you shouldn't have done that , iv'e got the same make of tent and the white corner connectorse for the roof and floor need to be hammered onto the poles , i was trying like made to get the roof on until i figured it out >.<

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragemonkey View Post
    Dude you shouldn't have done that , iv'e got the same make of tent and the white corner connectorse for the roof and floor need to be hammered onto the poles , i was trying like made to get the roof on until i figured it out >.<
    The corner connections were on as far as they could go, top and bottom, and I spent about four hours trying it every which way before I resorted to surgery.

Before I chopped it the cover would just about stretch over the frame, but it was as tight as a drumskin, the zips wouldn't do up and from the side the tent was trapezoidal, rather than rectangular, in profile.

It's absolutely fine now, so I have no regrets in taking the hacksaw to it, because there was simply no other choice.

Thanks

Well strike one thing from the wish list. I got a 100mm Ruck fan and carbon filter package from Greens and installed it a couple of weeks ago.
    Hung the filter from the tent frame and suspended it using plastic coated garden wire. Cos the filter is fairly heavy i used 4 strands of the wire to form a rope, i dont want that thing squashing my babies better safe than sorry.

Luckily enough the box the CF comes in, is just the right size to house the fan and a good bit of lagging- blankets and throws, so the noisiest thing in the room is the sound of the carbon filter sucking, the fan is almost silent in the box

I've added another timer so the fan times can be set independant of the light, this means i can have the fan on after lights outs while the lamp cools down or increase the time the fan is on during lights out to keep RH down

The upshot is, i can now leave tents doors shut and still keep temps about 27C and better control of the enviroment for my babies
    Right whats next ?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigballs For This Useful Post:

420Boss (21-11-11), biggiebri (09-02-17), MacFeegle (30-01-15)

Thanks

Looks like a good setup you've made there mate. You've done pretty much the same as what I'm going to be doing When my stuff actually gets delivered except I'll be using 400w.
    I like the idea of using the CFs box for putting the ruck in.. Might have to steal that idea now instead of what I was planning to do

Thanks

Great set up m8, ive just got a tent package and over the moon with it

Thanks

great set up mate, and tidy. take away dishes are boss also good for cuttings in rockwool cubes

Thanks

Default bigger

I've been a busy lad the last few weeks, making stuff
    I decided to upgrade the present flower room to 2m x 2m x 1m so i can flower 10 plants comfortably and giving me more options in the strains i can attempt to grow. With 10 plant capacity i wouldnt mind having a nice sativa or 2 sitting in the corner for 16 plus weeks, with a shorter flowering plant to keep me in smoke in the mean time . Keeping the light levels at 600W per square metre i will also be adding another 600W Grolux HPS to the set up.

I built a simple rectangular timber frame from 34 x 34mm x 2.1m lengths of wood. Cos im a lazy git i decided not to chop off the 0.1m off the ends of the wood so the tent ended up 2.1 x 2.1 x 1.1m, hehehe

And copied the roof trusses off my budbox set up

The main problem i had was lack of space, i only had 500mm clearance on all sides with only 250mm to the ceiling cos the plants were in the old budbox still in the room; made for hot sweaty work

The frame was sturdy enough but to be on safe side i added a couple of braces to both the back corners

The following weekend saw a staple gun frenzy and the frame was soon sheeted off with white/ black/ white total blackout sheeting. All seams were sealed using aluminum heatproof duct tape.

The whole of the front side is able to be lifted up for watering and inspecting the plants. It is stapled along the top and is secured to the frame using velco strips along all other edges of the frame and flaps along the upright seams to ensure light tightness.
    The new light i added has a diamond reflector and was recommended to me, as having a very even spread of light and deffo looks the mutz

Due to lack of cash i have had to put my old 100mm ruck and cf in there which is woefully inadequate, so its back to opening and closing doors at lights off and on, I will upgrade this to at least 150mm + cf asap. i cut twin 100mm passive intakes in the tent which will be opened up to 150mm when the fans upgraded and twin 6 inch clip on fans to stir up the air in there. In went the old 600W budget reflector (to be upgraded to diamond in the future) and the set up was complete

And a few plants that were waiting in the wings

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigballs For This Useful Post:

420Boss (21-11-11), biggiebri (09-02-17), BurninBrewer (15-05-13), MacFeegle (30-01-15)

Thanks

you've been busy m8

smashing job on the tent, it's massive

Thanks

Very nice read man, thank you!

I have a question, I'm planning to have a similar set up but on a smaller scale, using the one tent from veg to flowering, just wondering howmuch room is needed outside of the tent to house everything required?

Thanks

The only things on the outside of mine is ballasts, contactor and fan.
    If space is at a premium outside the tent, the fan can be mounted in the roof of the tent too directly on to the cf. i wouldnt put ballasts inside the tent tho they run hot enough as it is, i always make sure they are in open position away from any possible spill zones, off the floor on something incombustible if possible. I think im gonna screw mine to the wall when i get round to it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast