Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Anxiety?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Question Anxiety?

    Right past 3 days ive developed a twitch in my neck and ive realised it gets worse after a stitchy bong

    At first i thought id just pulled a muscle or trapped a nerve? Still could be, but im doubhtfull, after reading up a few things on google im worried...

    Ive had shit loads on my mind lately and after reasearching my twitch it seems to be linked to anxiety... Now ive also read links between anxiety and cannabis??

    What do yous think? I havent smoked anything today (first time in years and years) and i feel better for it (twitchings not as savage aswell)... But im scared its the herb?!?!

    Oh and last stuff i smoked was took down wayyyy to early due to hermying (say 3 weeks into flower), so could it be a side affect off that? Aint smoked that stuff sinse yesterday morning..

    Any help lads and lasses before i lose the plot...

    Will a break do me good, should i avoid smoking it at all..?? Or am i just being stupid?

    Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by BudMan; 05-03-10 at 02:49 PM.
    No turn left unstoned..
    ''The problem with pH is that very, very few people have the equipment or wet laboratory skills to measure pH correctly. In hydro, you can achieve "good enough" with common sense and basic meters. But soil pH is an entirely different ballgame. Hydrogen ions attach to soil particles and cannot be removed by simply passing water over the soil''.
    [/CENTER]

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

    swampy (05-03-10)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    Twitching making me give up weed

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hi everyone - long time toker, first time poster here

    I've been a heavy weed smoker for about 12 years now - usually daily, after work etc...

    A couple of years back i started getting this weird thing when i smoked heavy weed (skunk) - my head began to twitch uncontrollably.

    That freaked me out so much that i stopped smoking skunk and instead began to just smoke grass.

    About 6 months ago it started happening again on grass, but only when i was really stoned. Now it happens every time i have even one toke.

    I hate the thought of giving up weed completely, but am constantly worried now that i've done some weird neurological damage to myself.

    At the moment the one consolation is that it's never happened when i've not been stoned.

    Has anyone else had this? If so, let me here about it. Is it perminant? Temporary?

    Just what the hell is going on?

    I've had my first J for over a week today and i can't enjoy it because i'm so paranoid about twitching. This may be my last joint ever...
    Just found this on another forum so its not just me... Any one had anythng similar...?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

    swampy (05-03-10)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    Perhaps THC/CDB/CDB in excess (or in detox) can cause neuro-muscular tissue tremmors??
    ............................................

    Honestly tho I've never seen a head twitch due to overworked muscles. Head jerks are usually tics.

    In my opinion and based on my research, if based on how I described it you think you are getting tics when you smoke, I would never smoke again. Trust me, it is NOT something you want to live with.
    Somebody please tell me im just being a paraniod wreckhead.. And im not really coming down with all these strange symptoms...

    Thanks in advance, one paraniod budben....
    Last edited by BudMan; 05-03-10 at 03:34 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

    swampy (05-03-10)

  7. #4
    samhain Guest

    Default

    Dunno , i dont get it .
    I do get a pulsing kinda twitch i have put it down to a clot . i can get in on my arm or around my fingers , this is prob just a spanner in the work's . . Asprin thin's the blood to help with this .
    A lad i used to work with fell to his knees in the pub ' age 30 , it was a clot . the doctor told him he was lucky it went into his lungs and not his head as it could have left him brain damaged .

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to samhain For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (05-03-10)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I've had the same twitches you described for many years, It's the result of smoking too much dope. Don't worry!
    The truth is out there.

  10. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    What you saying, its gonna be permenant? Dont worry LOL??

    Does it only appear when your smoking, does it go away after a break... You didnt really give much info mate, bar saying your gonna have it years, dnt worry, get used to it..

    Bit more detail wouldnt go a miss ninja...
    Last edited by BudMan; 05-03-10 at 04:51 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

    swampy (05-03-10)

  12. #7
    FZjb Guest

    Default

    hey m8, when i smoke early cut weed i can get super para. esp with street so called skunk with all clear tric's, even my own early testers at 7-8 weeks have sent me a little para at times.

    But I have to admit it dont sound good. maybe it was the early weed, 3 weeks into 12/12 you say. i`m suprised u actualy got a hit off it!! i`d be more inclined to think it would just give u a headache.

    my advice is lay off the weed for at least 4 weeks to see how you feel, there could be other stuff going on also in yur life causing some anxiety subconsiously. if u stop for 4 weeks and feel 100% better in the final 7 days, then have a smoke and go str8 bak to being like u was b4, u have it sussed

    good luck m8.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to FZjb For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (05-03-10)

  14. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    Yeah i wouldnt normally smoke it that early Fz, but i had nowt else and they were just little frosty buds asking to be smoked to tide me over.. And it was getting me stoned but not really an enjoyable wrecked? Could have been the chemicals, not being flushed preopelly etc...? Fuck knows...

    I was convinced it was the early harvested bud but my mate came over last night and sorted me some of his stuff and it got worse, which really scared me to death.... Hence why i aint smoked out all day lol...

    Fell much better today with a clear head but im still slightly twitchy, especially when i think about it.... No where near as bad as after a bucket like last night tho...

    Yeah your probably right, ive got LOADS of bollox going on in my life at the minute, smoking that day and night probably isnt helping one bit... Looks like im gonna detox myself for a few weeks, sort my self out.. Then slowly introduce myself back onto it... If it comes back im fucked lol, love getting stoned too much to just give it up...

    Cheers for your time lads, just feeling really stressed about this at the minute

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

    swampy (05-03-10)

  16. #9
    Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    IN YOUR WIFE'S BED !!
    Posts
    24,599
    Thanks
    9,847
    Thanked 16,616 Times in 10,042 Posts

    Default

    Hi Budben
    You mentioned this twitch,well cannabis is like a sort of relaxer,when muscles relax they sometimes get a jump,you know when you're in bed and the whole body jumps,like a spasm,well maybe this is happening in your case,too much toking mate,maybe give it a week or two,hard i know but if it slows down and then stops then you know what's causing it..
    just seen this
    twitching




  17. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (05-03-10)

  18. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,176
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BudBen View Post
    Yeah i wouldnt normally smoke it that early Fz, but i had nowt else and they were just little frosty buds asking to be smoked to tide me over.. And it was getting me stoned but not really an enjoyable wrecked? Could have been the chemicals, not being flushed preopelly etc...? Fuck knows...

    I was convinced it was the early harvested bud but my mate came over last night and sorted me some of his stuff and it got worse, which really scared me to death.... Hence why i aint smoked out all day lol...

    Fell much better today with a clear head but im still slightly twitchy, especially when i think about it.... No where near as bad as after a bucket like last night tho...

    Yeah your probably right, ive got LOADS of bollox going on in my life at the minute, smoking that day and night probably isnt helping one bit... Looks like im gonna detox myself for a few weeks, sort my self out.. Then slowly introduce myself back onto it... If it comes back im fucked lol, love getting stoned too much to just give it up...

    Cheers for your time lads, just feeling really stressed about this at the minute
    hey bb, i aint ever had what you described, maybe as i am what u would call a part timer lol, light smoker, my better half/or he used to be lol suffered similar symptoms but he realy hit it hard 24/7, not a good idea tbh, it fucks around with brain receptors and can cause neurological disorders, im no doctor but i would think that if you detox and ease up a bit they will pass, the worse thing to do is panic hun, i know your worried but stress will just aggrivate it, as my bf has not smoked for 4 weeks now and he is looking and feeling 100% no more tics muscle spasms or tremours, he dont even want a smoke now lol. hope this helps pal.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to swampy For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (05-03-10)

  20. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,176
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts

    Default

    i meant to say, if you can get hold of a muscle relaxant like diazipam could calm things down for a while, i take that for spondilitis and it does really help

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to swampy For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (05-03-10)

  22. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    Cheers swampy, means a lot your other half having same symptoms... Yeah im just gonna lay off the weed for a while... Had a tiny tiny tiny tinyest bong just there (bout a 16th of what i normally put in the bowl) and its made it worse..... Been reading a lot into how cannabis affects the neurological system.... Well if theres something thats gonna help me quit for a bit this is the one!

    Thanks everyone Feeling better allready...

    Nothing worse than having something new wrong with ya, plus i always look at the worst possible answers and scare myself.. Always been like this lol, make loads out of nothing! Been flapping for days thinking im coming down with parkinsons or something horrific like tourettes

    How long beofre i start jumping around shouting FUCK etc?
    Last edited by BudMan; 05-03-10 at 06:23 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

    swampy (05-03-10)

  24. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,176
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BudBen View Post
    Cheers swampy, means a lot your other half having same symptoms... Yeah im just gonna lay off the weed for a while... Had a tiny tiny tiny tinyest bong just there (bout a 16th of what i normally put in the bowl) and its made it worse..... Been reading a lot into how cannabis affects the neurological system.... Well if theres something thats gonna help me quit for a bit this is the one!

    Thanks everyone Feeling better allready...




    Nothing worse than having something new wrong with ya, plus i always look at the worst possible answers and scare myself.. Always been like this lol, make loads out of nothing! Been flapping for days thinking im coming down with parkinsons or something horrific like tourettes

    How long beofre i start jumping around shouting FUCK etc?
    your welcome hun, im here if ya feel the need to bend an ear, if its any consolation my bf also has chronic OCD, and im almost sure smoking make him extra para and anxious, i htink its all down to the amount ya smoke, i can have a wee puff helps calm me and chill out, bf initially gets the same reaction but then he's gotta go and hammer it for weeks on end and the not so nice symptoms appear, so maybe something else to think about,

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to swampy For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (06-03-10)

  26. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Underground, Overground, Wobbling free
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Spotted this thread and was instantly attracted. In the past, well that's another story. For anxiety, the 'other woman' can magnify the thoughts that cause it in your head, if you ain't got the thread on them it might make ya go a bit freaky (ever been so stressed at work your eye starts goin?). Just take it in your stride mate, if you feel you should slow, then slow, don't pressure it

    Ultimately, the human body can take anything in moderation.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to carnagerider For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (05-03-10)

  28. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carnagerider View Post
    Spotted this thread and was instantly attracted. In the past, well that's another story. For anxiety, the 'other woman' can magnify the thoughts that cause it in your head, if you ain't got the thread on them it might make ya go a bit freaky (ever been so stressed at work your eye starts goin?). Just take it in your stride mate, if you feel you should slow, then slow, don't pressure it

    Ultimately, the human body can take anything in moderation.
    Mate i dont understand most of that lol, perhaps i need to be stoned

  29. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    You need to change to a pure indica strain. Stay away from sativas and skunk.

  30. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Underground, Overground, Wobbling free
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BudBen View Post
    Mate i dont understand most of that lol, perhaps i need to be stoned
    lol, I was baked when I wrote it myself mate. Basically I had a long line of shit for 8 years from being 21, my mother was dying of pulmonary fibrosis but she got a lung transplant when she had about 2 weeks left in her, I was lucky on that one but my gran died of cancer 6 month after because she missed all the signs while looking after my mam. A year or so after that my uncle who I was living with hung himself and I found him and cut him down, a year after that my best mate died in a car crash, 2 years after that another of my uncles hung himself. Things levelled out for about a year then my brain broke on me, post traumatic stress disorder and reactive depression, completely flipped one day and started cutting myself to trade emotional pain for physical. After that I stopped smoking herb and drinking for 3 month till I got a reign on my emotions and how to deal with them instead of ignoring them.

    Now I'm 30, things are all sorted out, happy home life with a kid on the way and back to smokin herb with no psychosis.

    So all in all, I'd say weed can amplify good or bad emotions but it's down to the persons control. If you have a loose grip then ease of, that's what I learned

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carnagerider For This Useful Post:

    91181 (21-03-11), BudMan (06-03-10), Dam High (25-03-11), The Green Man (19-03-10)

  32. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    5,210
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,775 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOC HPS View Post
    You need to change to a pure indica strain. Stay away from sativas and skunk.
    Interesting ive heard the opposite when reasearching the problem mate, do you have any evidence or experience on this subject buddy? And what do you mean by skunk??

    Quote Originally Posted by carnagerider View Post
    lol, I was baked when I wrote it myself mate. Basically I had a long line of shit for 8 years from being 21, my mother was dying of pulmonary fibrosis but she got a lung transplant when she had about 2 weeks left in her, I was lucky on that one but my gran died of cancer 6 month after because she missed all the signs while looking after my mam. A year or so after that my uncle who I was living with hung himself and I found him and cut him down, a year after that my best mate died in a car crash, 2 years after that another of my uncles hung himself. Things levelled out for about a year then my brain broke on me, post traumatic stress disorder and reactive depression, completely flipped one day and started cutting myself to trade emotional pain for physical. After that I stopped smoking herb and drinking for 3 month till I got a reign on my emotions and how to deal with them instead of ignoring them.

    Now I'm 30, things are all sorted out, happy home life with a kid on the way and back to smokin herb with no psychosis.

    So all in all, I'd say weed can amplify good or bad emotions but it's down to the persons control. If you have a loose grip then ease of, that's what I learned
    Fucking hell mate, im sure most people couldnt cope with a third of that shit! Jeesus!!

    Glad your back on track tho lad, nice to hear your imput...


    Anyhow after not smoking anything today or yesterday im feeling so much better... Still slightly odd feeling but its only been 2 days... Probably not used to this straight head more than anything...

    Infact its quite sad that its taken something to scare me half to death to make me have a break.... Im just a raging druggie lol

    Contending with the boredom is hardest, just trying to keep myself busy... The urges to sneak off for a bong etc.. Also didnt eat a bean yesterday or today yet.... No appertite what so ever.

  33. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Button Moon
    Posts
    2,212
    Thanks
    940
    Thanked 539 Times in 339 Posts

    Default

    Wow mate, just read your thread..
    I can't say I've ever noticed a "tick" or "twitch" from smoking the herb.
    Could be because you harvested too early, having not experienced it, I can't really say.

    Any chance of getting your hands on a diferent smoke, even if it's a small amount too see what effect that has?
    If the twitch returns with another strain / variety, it would suggest it is related to the MJ.

    If you've got any issues on your mind or problems going on, sometimes the smoking surpresses them and they can manifest themselves in other ways.
    The mind and body are truly amazing things.

    Can't say this is something I've experienced myself but I hope you get it resolved or it resolves itself before you go too crazy lol.

    -----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreenMachine For This Useful Post:

    BudMan (06-03-10)

  35. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Underground, Overground, Wobbling free
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    As an update BudBen, i've had another wobble (so it happens to us all). Only a small one that I've managed to control, too much smoke n started to feel like the angel of death again. It created a little bit of panic thinkin that the big guy upstairs is gonna deal me another shit hand during the wifes child birth. I'm gonna lay off the smoke for a couple of weeks to stabalise.

    It's just good to know I've learnt from my past experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. strains to reduce anxiety?
    By pierre in forum Medical Cannabis
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 28-07-11, 04:11 AM
  2. anxiety on seed arrival!
    By Ilike420boys in forum Novice Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-10, 09:37 PM
  3. Anxiety and stress
    By Big_mike in forum Medical Cannabis
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-01-10, 02:31 PM
  4. depression and anxiety-which type weed is best?
    By dirty dude in forum General Stoners Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-02-09, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK