Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my new seedlings

Thanks

Not wishing to sound rude but you need a lot more light than you have. The lights that you do have move them to within a couple of cm of your plants.
    you're not sounding rude at all. In fact, I have gone and added 2 more 40watt cfls to my setup and I am thinking about adding 2 more if that's not enough

I went out and purchased garden safe all purpose potting mix
    0.06-0.09-0.06

"This potting soil is formulated regionally from Canadian sphagnum peat moss, organic materials (reed-sedge peat or composted forest products), horticultural perlite, an organic wetting agent and lime for proper pH balance. OMRI Listed: Garden Safe All Purpose Potting Mix is listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute for use and production of organic food and fiber. Premium-Blend Potting Mix: Canadian sphagnum peat moss, composted organic matter, plus perlite, for excellent drainage, aeration, water and nutrient retention. Contains no yard waste or commodity fillers. Garden Safe Natural organic Plant Food: Enriched with organic plant food that provides both quick and slow release feeding for up to nine months. Contains primary nutrients essential for flowering, plant growth and vegetable yield-naturally. Organic Wetting Agent: Yucca plants have evolved to thrive even in the harshest desert conditions. Our organic wetting agent is a natural extract of yucca that helps to evenly distribute water throughout the mix and to the roots of the plant. "

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B78AV8/...SIN=B000B78AV8

I have added a large 5 gallon bucket of water to increase humidity seeing as the level is sitting around 50%
    and the temperature is about 70-80
    there are mild brown spots on the leaves of my largest plant
    it seems like it might be a potassium deficiency. I am not to sure what the problem is but I am going to get a ph tester for the soil
    before any more damage is done.
    If anyone can provide me any information about those spots I would really appreciate it.

http://img28.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picture26w.jpg

thanks ya'll

Thanks

also forgot to mention I have a fan circulating air around and that I re potted and buried the stems about an inch from the first set of leaves.
    I was unsure if this soil has adequate drainage so I was reluctant to add perlite. I just watered them with cold from the tap, distilled, then warmed, aerated, left in 24hr open container water with no nutrients
    to ensure chlorine free water intake. seems like overkill I know but I am trying to form good mj care habits.
    I love my babies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2