Thread: List of all phytocannabinoids?

Thanks

Question List of all phytocannabinoids?

Where can I find a list of all cannabinoids in cannabis? I've heard there's at least 66 of them. Some info of their properties is also welcome. It would be nice to know the same about noncannabinoids too, like terpenoid essential oils, flavonoids and phytosterols. Cannabis is a wonderful, mysterious plant; I'm curious to know all about it's content.

Thanks

I don't think there is one, or at least not that i've seen.

Interested despite myself though.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Not quite 66 but its a start, the other cannabinoids are lesser ones these are the main ones

Tetrahydrocannabinol

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive component of the plant. It appears to ease moderate pain (analgetic) and to be neuroprotective. THC has approximately equal affinity for the CB1 and CB2 receptors. Its effects are perceived to be more cerebral. Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC, THC) and delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ8-THC), mimic the action of anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced naturally in the body. The THCs produce the high associated with cannabis by binding to the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

Cannabidiol

Cannabidiol (CBD) is not psychoactive, and was thought not to affect the psychoactivity of THC.However, recent evidence shows that smokers of cannabis with a higher CBD/THC ratio were less likely to experience schizophrenia-like symptoms. This is supported by psychological tests, in which participants experience less intense psychotic effects when intravenous THC was co-administered with CBD (as measured with a PANSS test). It has been hypothesized that CBD acts as an allosteric antagonist at the CB1 receptor and thus alters the psychoactive effects of THC. It appears to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea. CBD has a greater affinity for the CB2 receptor than for the CB1 receptor. CBD shares a precursor with THC and is the main cannabinoid in low-THC Cannabis strains.

Cannabinol

Cannabinol (CBN) is the primary product of THC degradation, and there is usually little of it in a fresh plant. CBN content increases as THC degrades in storage, and with exposure to light and air. It is only mildly psychoactive. Its affinity to the CB2 receptor is higher than for the CB1 receptor.
    Cannabigerol
    Cannabigerol (CBG) is non-psychotomimetic but still affects the overall effects of Cannabis. It acts as an α2-adrenergic receptor agonist, 5-HT1A receptor antagonist, and CB1 receptor antagonist. It also binds to the CB2 receptor

Tetrahydrocannabivarin

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is prevalent in certain South African and Southeast Asian strains of Cannabis. It is an antagonist of THC at CB1 receptors and attenuates the psychoactive effects of THC

Cannabichromene
    Cannabichromene (CBC) is non-psychoactive and does not affect the psychoactivity of THC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Naxx For This Useful Post:

iskander323 (25-03-10)

Thanks

had a little look myself and came up with:

http://mcforadhd.free.fr/McPartland-...-4%29-2001.pdf

and it says

Turner et al. (1980) listed over 420 compounds in cannabis. Sparacino et al.
    (1990) listed 200 additional compounds in cannabis smoke. We will highlight
    six cannabinoids beyond THC, a dozen-odd terpenoids, three flavonoids, and
    one phytosterol. Other non-cannabinoids with proven pharmacological activity
    include poorly characterized glycoproteins, alkaloids, and compounds that
    remain completely unidentified (Gill et al. 1970).

Have nearly finished the paper but am getting fucking bored of reading about all the good stuff in weed. I knew i shouldn't have looked.

in fact this is the part i just read, p17 flavanoids

Apigenin is a flavone found in nearly all vascular plants (Figure 3). It exerts
    a wide range of biological effects, including many properties shared by
    terpenoids and cannabinoids. Apigenin is the primary anxiolytic agent found
    in chamomile, Matricaria recutita, (reviewed in Russo 2000). It selectively
    binds with high affinity to central benzodiazepine receptors, which are located
    in α- and β-subunits of GABAA receptors (Salgueiro et al. 1997); this anxiolytic
    activity is not associated with the unwanted side effects caused by synthetic
    benzodiazepines, such as muscular relaxation, amnesia, and sedation.
    Apigenin inhibits the production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α), a
    cytokine primarily expressed by monocytes and macrophages (Gerritsen et al.
    1995). TNF-α induces and maintains inflammation, a pathological condition
    in rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. THC decreases TNF-α, probably
    by a nonreceptor-mediated mechanism (Burnette-Curley and Cabral 1995),
    although one study suggested THC might induce TNF-α (Shivers et al. 1994).
    Either way, apigenin provides beneficial suppression of TNF-α, whether in
    concert with THC or counteracting THC.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

i tried posting a link but it didnt work , try the wikipedia theres loads on it
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

Thanks

Default Correction to my post

I'm already familiar with those cannabinoids. Nazz listed the main ones. That's a good answer, but I forgot to say that I would like to know about cannabinoids that are useless to a human mind so that you could theoretically get rid of them (boiling).

Thanks anyway for additional info on the familiar ones!
    Last edited by Big Bud's Buddy; 28-03-10 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks

Default John M. McPartland's and Ethan B. Russo's paper

Have nearly finished the paper but am getting fucking bored of reading about all the good stuff in weed. I knew i shouldn't have looked.
    I have the document on my PC but I haven't read it because it seems illegible and english isn't my native language. Should I read it? Could it be useful?

Thanks

Cannamancan, could you send me that link as a private message? I would really appreciate it! Although I might have already read it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bud's Buddy View Post
    I have the document on my PC but I haven't read it because it seems illegible and english isn't my native language. Should I read it? Could it be useful?
    There is a lot of good information in there and really i am glad i read it but it is hard going and a lot of referecing (that i didn't do.) The paper is based on the research of others and is more of summary of their work and list of findings.
    I found the most interesting part was the synergistic role of the many compounds when taken together and if you are serious about your research the list of references to other work is pretty comprehensive.