Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laws on the law listening in on phone calls!!

Thanks

Cool Laws on the law listening in on phone calls!!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum only my second post so hello lol. Just wondering what the laws surrounding telephone conversations where, like if the law can listen in to your conversations? Any answers to this would be cool. Nice one guys

Thanks

Good question. Not sure about this but look up echelon GCHQ. I have been told they record all phone conversations and in certain circumstances can bring the evidence up and use it retrospectively in court.

Or maybe they can just listen in and then build evidence from the intelligence but cant admit it in court.

Thanks

Cool

Cheers scuff will check that out. I am kind of paranoid about talkin bout growing on the phone lol. U hear about key words triggering organiseations to listen in e.g words like bomb, I am wondering if they have key words regarding grows that can trigger a recording of a phone convo for use as evidence at a later date. Probably just my maranoia ha ha.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,331 Times

I'm pretty sure that using terrorism legislation, they can just about listen to anything they want. Not sure if they can use it in court though, but it could give them the excuse to get more evidence?? Sorry, not a lawyer, just stoned!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Problem is the police are increasingly misusing the anti-terrorist legislation against the public.

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneysmoker View Post
    I'm pretty sure that using terrorism legislation, they can just about listen to anything they want. Not sure if they can use it in court though, but it could give them the excuse to get more evidence?? Sorry, not a lawyer, just stoned!
    Well in Ireland the police can stop and search, enter your property, monitor your calls/email/text/etc all under the guise of anti-terrorist laws, (they have to be able to qoute which law it is but even cops can learn that!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Cheers scuff will check that out. I am kind of paranoid about talkin bout growing on the phone lol. U hear about key words triggering organiseations to listen in e.g words like bomb, I am wondering if they have key words regarding grows that can trigger a recording of a phone convo for use as evidence at a later date. Probably just my maranoia ha ha.
    Yeah Ive been a bit concerned about that myself. My phone clicks all the time. someone told me once that they had the technology to pick out keywords in the sixties -a supercomputer or something

Thanks

Talking

Yeah I am worried lol. Been Reading bits on the net bout them being able to listen in and stuff. Also apparently even if your mobile is in your pocket and the battery is in they can listen into your conversation. Don't know how true it is or if it's shit started by the law (scare tactics). Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Thanks

ive heard the last bit floyd but sounds like a bourne film rather than real life, also on the listening to phone conversations, you'd have to assume that the police wouldn't be listening to 'grow' words as they would be looking out for terrorist words or larger crimes ect

just a thought
    There's only one return of the.... and thats of the Jedi!!!

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...hurch-CFL-grow

Home made tent/box :

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1068550038

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

All phone calls are logged for a year, who to from (well the numbers), time, as are text messages but text they have actual written message (so these are actual written statements) and email, dont know if they record the phone calls though, i think they would need reason and warrant to record calls. If u get caught growing they can and will delay actual charge despite ur admission until your phone has been checked and they check ur landline too, they made me wait 4 weeks for court charge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast