Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention scrogging noobs!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    maybe instead of bending the plant back onto the screen when they get too high you just have a cuple screens so it grows through the 1st and then you put it in flowering and add the 2nd to support the buds? i cant find much info on the net about it but one to try eh
    Cant get my head round why two (horizontal) screens would be of benefit in a SCROG, if as you suggest the buds end up so big they need some support then its not really a SCROG grow at all ? to grow under one screen and then train onto a second screen above would just stop the light getting to the lower screen making it pointless.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stainedgreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

its agreed then!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jobby2812 View Post
    See that is where I thought the problem was. The plant will grow around the wire so technically the wire is stuck inside the plant. Does that not create disseases and make it harder to chop the plant down at the end. You'll have to cut each bit of wire that has gone into the plant or cut the plant either side of the wire.
    Its not a problem at all mate, I grow mediumless and shove a bit of wire right through the middle of my rooted cuttings to support them before they go under the lights, its thin wire and not some thing you would use to wire up yer cooker ... think thin fuse wire.
    My plants normaly end up so interwoven amongst themselves and the screen that a few bits of wire stuck in the branches is no different to the rest of the wire I use to tie up when filling the screen, chances are that part of the branch which is affected is going to be waste material after manicuring anyway and if your a tight git like me and like to reuse you can remove the wire from the branch with some pliers.

I'll throw some pics up later as an example.

*lol now I think about it, there used to be a trend on the old overgow forums for shoving nail or screw right through the main stem on your plants, tried it a few times and the plant develops a great big 'knuckle' at the point of damage, supposedly increased the rate at which nutrient could be taken up by the plant and a little bit of stress in your plants isnt always a bad thing.
    Last edited by stainedgreen; 07-04-10 at 02:34 PM. Reason: bad memory

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stainedgreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), jobby2812 (07-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stainedgreen View Post
    *lol now I think about it, there used to be a trend on the old overgow forums for shoving nail or screw right through the main stem on your plants, tried it a few times and the plant develops a great big 'knuckle' at the point of damage, supposedly increased the rate at which nutrient could be taken up by the plant and a little bit of stress in your plants isnt always a bad thing.

I can remember awhile back someone did it on here with a couple of screwdrivers. I've heard it is done in the last couple of weeks before chop. It is supposed to help with the production of resin late in flower. Can't remember the name of it. It used to be done by tribes people with a couple of sharp sticks.

Thanks for correcting me on the chicken wire though.
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

inducing stress in the late of flower does increase resin production - its why some people give their plant 8 hours light for the last week.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a13x For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

hmm might try that nail thing on my runt - it cant get any worse anyway lol and i feel like punishing the little biatch!
    anymore info on that chaps?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Been having a small read of this Cock, looks pretty good for me doesn't it? Ideally, I want to stick with my current 160cm headroom, and I'm quite sure I could make a screen up pretty good. I'll have more of a read over the weekend, give it a thorough look over.

Hand on heart (and may you be struck down with the worst itchy leg of your life) would you recommend scrogging to me, a complete high maintenance old woman of a new grower? With the little I've read so far, this does sound good, I'm looking for the catch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to New Age Outlaw For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

Im doing a scrog when these lsds are done...so i would yeah.... i wanted to do a scrog on my 1st grow (the lsd) but got talked out of it yaknow "do a normal grow 1st dont complicate things" but looking at my grow now im kicking myself i never went with my gut....i would have more bud from 1 lsd plant in a scrog than the 2 i have in my room now of that im 90% sure.....so really my advice is mate....go with your gut.......same happened when i decided to go hydro "do soil 1st time - its easier" but i knew in my gut i diddnt want soil no matter how complicated the (poo heads) told me it was, eventually i wouldve gone hydro so i thought feck it and let my gut decide.......only wished id done the same regarding a scrog now lol.

if you think you can handle it all i say go for it!
    cock

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), New Age Outlaw (09-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

You see, I was all confident until "if you think you can handle it, go for it".

Ok, I'll have a good read over the next few days, this is certainly an option. Maintenance doesn't bother me, the hobby side is all good for me, I'm looking forward to it. Once more, you've been a great help Cock, you deserve a medal...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to New Age Outlaw For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Dirk Gently Guest

Yep, I'm gonna! I'm just coming to the end of my first grow and with the mistakes I made they're 4ft tall! Not good under fluo's. So I've been at the DIY and built a grow box for a scrog this time around. I was inspired by your scrog diary in fact. Hope those talln's finish soon. The next lot are already germed. I need my bulbs.

Thanks Cock.

Oh excuse me, it's an article not a diary.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast