Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

Thanks

Nice post mate, were you also aware the plant has a 'sweet spot' as well? If you time your flowering right, and its very plant specific, you can catch the growth sweetspot and get a a larger yield of sweeter bud.

I used to think this was an urban myth until it happened by accident a few years ago, i caught this one white widow right on the cusp, really juict fat stems, and really hollow feeling as well, a light pinch and they just flop, thats the sign,and if you sc them all then as well, whoosh, the secondary buds fly immensely - however the sweetspot comes generally in the 4.5 - 7 week bracket of veg, so you have to be prepared to veg them, obviously this wont suit a lot of growers, cause 6 weeks veg can mean a 6 ft monster, if you don't tie it, or similar.

Sorry to digress mate, just as you mentioned sweetspot.... it jogged a thought i take for granted...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), Le chef (02-11-19), yoko2009 (11-05-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

Nice post mate, glad you posted this because you would be suprized at how many people have there lights to close or to far away. Also topping is another soar subject with alot of growers who usually end up cutting not enough or to much. I personally love to FIM (Fuck I Missed) my plants I also clone alot so that helps remove alot of the lower branches because if I want 8 clones I always make sure I cut 10 or 12 and pick the best looking and strongest looking and bin the rest.

I was thinking of using mirrors in my grow room to try and bounce some light back up under the colas and top branches, has anyone else ever used mirrors in there grow tents/rooms or know anyone who has...? If the answers yes was it any good and would you recommend it...?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), Le chef (02-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

i seen a video on youtube of this american grower and he actually had lights at the bottom bouncing light up as well as above and his plants were mint! all the lower buds were lovely and chunky rather than all that whispy shit! iv followed this guide to a degree on my autopots but didnt have the bottle to go as sever as the guide suggests but next time ill get mean with my bitches and gonna hack them as the guide suggests. i did a bit of a clean up and the bottom part is nice and clear but this guide suggests go to half way and then remove any flowers up to half way on the branches
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

gr8 post, thanks Yoko. am in desperate need of ptuning tips, ur the daddy.

peace n luv,

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2hats For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), Le chef (02-11-19), yoko2009 (28-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrams View Post
    Nice post mate, glad you posted this because you would be suprized at how many people have there lights to close or to far away. Also topping is another soar subject with alot of growers who usually end up cutting not enough or to much. I personally love to FIM (Fuck I Missed) my plants I also clone alot so that helps remove alot of the lower branches because if I want 8 clones I always make sure I cut 10 or 12 and pick the best looking and strongest looking and bin the rest.

I was thinking of using mirrors in my grow room to try and bounce some light back up under the colas and top branches, has anyone else ever used mirrors in there grow tents/rooms or know anyone who has...? If the answers yes was it any good and would you recommend it...?
    Glass and mirrors absorb almost all light they are bothy completely useless and ineffective for a reflective surface.

Hammer/dimple finish Mylar, and mat brilliant white will remain top of the shop forever....

If you want light to the lower buds, put lightbulbs there, there's no other way.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), Le chef (02-11-19), vibezfoundation (19-05-20)

Thanks

i was thinking maybe you could use a couple of fluorescents lay across the base of your plants with reflectors bouncing the light up, you could use the type you get for fish tanks and also a tube thats suitable for plant growth, i know there is a few aquatic tubes you can buy for aquatic plants so maybe these would work?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starchild View Post
    Glass and mirrors absorb almost all light they are bothy completely useless and ineffective for a reflective surface.

Hammer/dimple finish Mylar, and mat brilliant white will remain top of the shop forever....

If you want light to the lower buds, put lightbulbs there, there's no other way.
    I have some 65watt CFL lights which I can use for veg but not sure what house hold bulbs would be anygood for flowering. Or do they work regardless...?

Thanks for that mate I wasn't 100% sure and you have just cleared that up for me, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    i seen a video on youtube of this american grower and he actually had lights at the bottom bouncing light up as well as above and his plants were mint! all the lower buds were lovely and chunky rather than all that whispy shit! iv followed this guide to a degree on my autopots but didnt have the bottle to go as sever as the guide suggests but next time ill get mean with my bitches and gonna hack them as the guide suggests. i did a bit of a clean up and the bottom part is nice and clear but this guide suggests go to half way and then remove any flowers up to half way on the branches
    I always remove flowers by pinching them off as they grow and always remove lower 1/3rd of plants which does help big up the bud I will get out my 65 and 80watt CFL dangly lights I have plenty (About 10 I made myself) however not sure if there just for veg or both veg and flower because there from eBay and Tescos

Thanks mate for the help, appreciated

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea I didn't even think about aquatic lights and yes your right those strip lights should work because some are designed for plants, I might also see if reptile lights are anygood because some are suposed to represent the sun and produce heat for the reptiles. I used to have 2 x lizards and a snake but now only have 2 x torts and tropical fish

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Reptile ones wont work mate, they are the wrong spectrum, they just give out the uv reptiles need but not plants. A good plant tube or even a tube used for coral might work

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), Wrams (28-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrams View Post
    I have some 65watt CFL lights which I can use for veg but not sure what house hold bulbs would be anygood for flowering. Or do they work regardless...?

Thanks for that mate I wasn't 100% sure and you have just cleared that up for me, cheers
    NP , its a common misconception, same as the aluminium cooking foil one...oldies but goodies. Common sense says they should work in some capacity...they don't lol.

Standard CFLs work ok, but remember you have no lumen power at all, penetration in down at like 2 inches max, so the bulbs literally have to be 1mm away from the light....however...

Small wattage CFLs come into their own in the clone cab, the low level warm light makes clones root up super quick, and you can early veg them for a couple of weeks under that light too. If you can be bothered to do a search i did a post about my new clone cab, which houses 3 x 25w and 1 15w warm white household bulbs, clones yp and rooted in a bubbler in 5 days, potted up in 7, i also had a dead, or what i though was dead cut, it had been sitting in the corner of the clone cab on the floor for 2 days, limp dried, dead...until the cloner and low level light got involved...i just potted her up with a 4" tap root after 6 days in the clone cab.

the household bulbs are fine for dotting in and about your plants for a little extra light, but dont expect too much, however it all helps. Better, if you can, to get the right light above the plants, and enough spread/penetration mimicking the sun, imo.

YOu can deffo use flouro tubes as main, and secondary lighting, t5s, and 9s are common for veg, and lower lighting, and can be very efective, the combination of the blue spec flouro, and the red spec hps makes yields improve as a mixed light spectrum is most effective in a grow....

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

dou (11-04-15), GEORGE (27-10-19), Le chef (02-11-19), Wrams (28-05-10), yoko2009 (28-05-10)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast