Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The hempy bucket

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Default The hempy bucket

This is the guide written by hempy (the creator), quoted, peeps can add pics and any further info, and i will add it to thread till it is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by hempy
    Hi every one i thought id add this system of growing I use and have used from the early to mid 80s. As most of you that know me will already know that im a believer in simplicity and things that work and I only really state facts that I have experienced from hands on.

I like the hempy bucket because of its simplicity and the price of the system (ITS FREE ) to make and has no moving parts that can fail and once the plant has started its root system you can basically water and forget it for 2 days or 3 depending on temps and you can grow any strain from sativa to indica in it .

I basically got the idea from my first hydro kit I ever got that was a tomato hydro kit and I found it really easy to understand. It was basically an aquaponic set up and the guy I had got it from I went back a few years later telling him about my creation and how I got it from his idear and the look on his face and smile sed it all ,Ive spoken to a few people in the hydro industry about it and they all tell me it wont work it will cause root rot so on well there all wrong because this method works and they say a picture is worth a 100 words right lol.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS METHOD IS THE BEST BUT What I am saying is its a option and a easy cheap way to grow hydroponically and nothing more, I have tryed a lot of methods and have all ways gone back to this.

To make a hempy bucket is simple all you need to do is this

Get your self a bucket any color but clear as you will end up with algy forming as the nutes react to the light .

The size of the bucket can very from 1 gal (4lt) to 5gal (20lt) roughly I personally like useing a 10 lt bucket and have had up to 19 oz cured yield from a single bucket but it depends on the strain and given pheno .

Once you have your bucket then get a drill and drill a drain hole in the side of the bucket about 2 inch from the bottom , The drain hole can be around 7/16.

And the medium i use is perlite/vermiculite at around 3 to 4 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite.You can use volcanic rocks but personally I found the perlite / vermiculite a lot better in many ways.

All you need to do now is basically add the rooted clone or seedling water with nutes and thats it,I would water it daily until the tap root and root system has headed down to the res but once you see a desent growth rate id then start to water every 2 days.

The only thing wrong with it is you need to hand water and you get run off from the drain hole thats it and as far as checking your PH well the only time you need to do that is when you mix your nutes i like useing a PH of 6.2 PH .

If you want to ask me questions feel free .

Like I said im not stating this methods is the best just saying its a option and a free one and it works and works well ................hempy
    You do not need the vermiculite, it can be all perlite.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

arnyrd (24-02-13), babybud3232 (06-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

何をしているか。.....................
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Don't do that wert... you'll attract the wrong person
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

nice bit of info im on with my 1st hempy so trying to get as much info as possible

mo

Thanks

you should sticky this shit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to humblepie For This Useful Post:

bigbadbongboy (13-08-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

I thought dekay would have sticked it, I'm sure he will before the thread is up and running properly with more help from the hydro members

Thanks

Now i thought the idea of a hempy bucket was the negation of the various pen devices, if your gonna have to buy all that for a hempy bucket, you might as well go the whole hog on a proper hydro system IMO.

There was a thread on here a while ago about a hempy bucket with just a GHe standard nute regime, no pen required etc etc etc...or maybe it was somewhere else....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

Thats a snobby Hempy Bucket...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrams View Post
    Thats a snobby Hempy Bucket...
    so whats that then?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

lol hempy pffft
    just put some coco in some tubs, pots or whatever.....
    better than perl-shite.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast