Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The hempy bucket

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

Actually Perlite is great for growing cannabis plants in and this has been proven to be a fantastic method of growing. I have coco and perlite grows and the perlite was planted after the coco and is much denser and bigger and there the same strain (Rocklock Feminized)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starchild View Post
    so whats that then?
    Are you refering to the diagram for the Hempy Bucket...? If not then I miss-read your post

Thanks

Stupid question, but how the feck u supposed to know when the roots have reached the res?
    "I can see clearly now the clouds are here!".

Thanks

You'll know when your plant increases in size dramatically and more or less grows over night.

Mine for instance was about 3 inch in height and the roots hit the shelf and boom the plant almost doubled over night.

Hope this helps

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

Didge (18-05-10), foopa (07-05-13)

Thanks

Nice one cheers. I saw these hempy buckets a while back in another thread on here and liked the idea. Think i might try a couple amongst my next soil grow which i'm hoping to start in the not too distant... Hopefully i'll then be able to compare yeilds.

Anyone think of any problems with trying this?

Thanks

You shouldn't experience any problem what so ever growing the "Hempy Bucket" way, it's very easy and watering every few days after the roots hit the shelf but until they do water every day. Your yields should be better than any soil grow using Hempy because all it is really is a poor mans hydro.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

Didge (18-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Didge View Post
    Stupid question, but how the feck u supposed to know when the roots have reached the res?
    was just going to ask that question......

as for the "water tabel" at the bottom of the bucket, will this water be like "loose" in the bottom or will it mostly be absorbed by the perlite? because iv just set up a hempy bucket and transplanted 2 autos in to it, and watered with about 4 liters untill about 30% overflowed fromthe hole, but a day after the bucket was still heavy and wet, but if i tip at an angle it no water comes out of the drainage hole....if you know what i mean....is this ok or does it mean i havnt watered it enought to start with?
    t.i.a

10. The Following User Says Thank You to humblepie For This Useful Post:

bigbadbongboy (13-08-10)

Thanks

hello? anybody out there....

so much for trying to revive this thread.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to humblepie For This Useful Post:

bigbadbongboy (13-08-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    was just going to ask that question......

as for the "water tabel" at the bottom of the bucket, will this water be like "loose" in the bottom or will it mostly be absorbed by the perlite? because iv just set up a hempy bucket and transplanted 2 autos in to it, and watered with about 4 liters untill about 30% overflowed fromthe hole, but a day after the bucket was still heavy and wet, but if i tip at an angle it no water comes out of the drainage hole....if you know what i mean....is this ok or does it mean i havnt watered it enought to start with?
    t.i.a
    I get that sometimes, the reason for me is that I didn't use any gauze over the hole so it can get blocked by perlite... a quick poke with a thin stick sorts it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

why use perlite?
    hempy buckets are nothing new and should not be concidered "poor mans hydro" Luwasa Hydroculture have been using this system since 1969 and most popular hydro methods are all spinoff's from this system of growing. in the correct hands a static hydro system can perform just as well as any ebb & flood, nft, drip or bubbler system.
    Weed w!ll get you through t!mes of no money better than money gets you through t!mes of no Weed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast