Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice bongs by burnz ( new bong )

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    Loving the ice BURNZ, keep it up man ...lookin forward to seeing your new glass as well, hope it arrives soon.
    Cheers Tay I got one more on the go but it's way more complicated so might be awhile. The new glass should be here soon I'll post pics up in the proper section when I receive everything.

Well guys and gals, I have started a new bong. This one will have color to it but it's a little more complicated as there are a few extra steps and lots of carving.

Here's a sneak peek at some of the pieces I have made. I can only make two pieces a day and I need a total of 18 before I start carving and putting it together.

These are 4 of the 18 pieces I need, Ohhhh color The two pieces on the right were just test runs to see if the mold was up to par. Well hopefully I'll have something for everyone to look at soon.

Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

sick man, it's all about the green ice can't wait too see this!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tay For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (29-04-10)

Thanks

lol - You should be saving that design for the next comp mate, no point wasting it on us prematurely

and 18 pieces, i am guessing onece its smoked there will be no storage, unless you have a vat of liquid nitrogen to keep it cold, so you'll just have to smoke it till theres nothing left lol, now theres a challenge

Black food coluring works nice in ice too, have a look, it kinda goes purple, a nice accompanyment for the green maybe....

Sweet

5. The Following User Says Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (29-04-10)

Thanks

i've still got bong making on the brain as well... can't wait till the next comp but there's no harm in honing the skills in the mean time mrs tay was thinking 'make a bong out of a lava lamp' ...i'm thinking 'make my own lava lamp' haha

Thanks

i've still got bong making on the brain as well... can't wait till the next comp but there's no harm in honing the skills in the mean time mrs tay was thinking 'make a bong out of a lava lamp' ...i'm thinking 'make my own lava lamp' haha
    lol, it seems Mrs Tay lives with her life in danger with Mr Tay, lava lamp bong lol, they are pretty easy, lava lamps, its just water/wax and a lighbulb, and depending on it speed, and bubble size, depends on the wattage of lamp/bulb, the slow ones are 40s, the faster 60 - and when you used to get 80 and 100w incandies, lol, you could go mental watching the fast flow.....we made a lava pit as well in a fish tank lol, 6 x 100w in a 10L tank lol, it looked like the moulton caldera of Popacatapetal . It was great until my flatmate came in pissed and fell into it head first....no joke, it wasnt on...unfortunately....

Glass pasta storage jars/containers are perfect for the height and made of glass , you just have to constuct a way or supporting the bulb where you want it....lol, anyways thats up to you mate hahaha, i am finished with building things to throw away. We built them all the time at uni years ago, when they were fashionable...the first time around (blush)

We built bongs too, and it is fun, however a ready made job always works for me, however i am temped to make a inhale assisted bong ....again - we made one at uni years ago, probably after the lava lamp lol, anyways, it was a blast, thats for sure, just imagine a cannabis wind tunnel, inside a face mask lol I shit you not.....

Be careful with Mrs Tay, she may be damageable, Mrs Starchild is, she wont even sit in on the bong seshs now lol, last time we had to go to hospital, silly cow tried to come down the stairs after an upside down bowl ghost - mild concussion, i always said it saved me the bother of knocking sense in to her , it would be fine if she was any smarter, however were still the same, minus upside down bong hits at the top of the stairs
    Last edited by starchild; 29-04-10 at 03:27 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to starchild For This Useful Post:

Tay (29-04-10)

Thanks

Thumbs up

haha you surf multiple waves of awesomeness starchild!!

no need to worry about the better half man, she's a much bigger stoner than me these days... i practically grow to keep her happy lol in fact i just shelled £60 on seeds thismorning and let her request her fav strains big pushover me! lol nah, she's just been dying to try blue cheese and strawb' cough again an i'm a bit gutted her fav toke wasn't from my growins

i'm defo liking the homemade lavabong idea, might make a lava lamp or two to get the technique down. are those 40's an 60's 'descents as well? i was thinkin halogen or something, i've got a 12v 35w halo' an it gets pretty roasty... think it'll be easier to work with tbh. might need to think up some kinda condenser/coolant section for after the smoke passes the hot lava part. could maybe even work with a few different lights, keeping track of what temps they run at and impliment some vape action in there. right, my minds went off on one, i better get away from my keyboard before i end up typing out the manual for this thing

ps> pissed myself at your mate gettin skullfucked by a lava tank

Thanks

haha you surf multiple waves of awesomeness starchild!!

no need to worry about the better half man, she's a much bigger stoner than me these days... i practically grow to keep her happy lol in fact i just shelled £60 on seeds thismorning and let her request her fav strains big pushover me! lol nah, she's just been dying to try blue cheese and strawb' cough again an i'm a bit gutted her fav toke wasn't from my growins

i'm defo liking the homemade lavabong idea, might make a lava lamp or two to get the technique down. are those 40's an 60's 'descents as well? i was thinkin halogen or something, i've got a 12v 35w halo' an it gets pretty roasty... think it'll be easier to work with tbh. might need to think up some kinda condenser/coolant section for after the smoke passes the hot lava part. could maybe even work with a few different lights, keeping track of what temps they run at and impliment some vape action in there. right, my minds went off on one, i better get away from my keyboard before i end up typing out the manual for this thing

ps> pissed myself at your mate gettin skullfucked by a lava tank
    lol, surfs up dude, come on my wave, its the best!!!!

All incandescants mate, i would be careful of halogen, they get a lot hotter than 'candies' - by the way mate, dont be sucking lava though the down tube mate lol, it might get a wee bit sticky, and interfere with the flow...you know, joe, make it slo mo, bo! selector

I love Dutch Dragon bowls, with BD dry sift, it just makes me stupid

Thanks

(at the risk of spamming BURNZ' thread...) the plan i think is to have a water filled base, then the smoke gets funneled into a thin pipe which goes through the sealed lava section before opening back out into a bubble, maybe a perc. then lastly another condensed section (removable so it can go in the freezer) but this time going through a sealed cooler filled with glycerin or anything that won't freeze like alcohol or some shit. maybe colour code it to go with the oil in the lamp.

that idea involves a fair amount of work and concealing the bulb etc would be hard. maybe instead of the piping going through the lamp, it could tightly coil round the lamp. there's more brainstorming needed i think

sorry burnz

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

sick man, it's all about the green ice can't wait too see this!
    Cheers Tay, the plan for this one is all in my head, we will just have to see how it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by starchild View Post
    lol - You should be saving that design for the next comp mate, no point wasting it on us prematurely

and 18 pieces, i am guessing onece its smoked there will be no storage, unless you have a vat of liquid nitrogen to keep it cold, so you'll just have to smoke it till theres nothing left lol, now theres a challenge

Black food coluring works nice in ice too, have a look, it kinda goes purple, a nice accompanyment for the green maybe....

Sweet
    I have different plans for the next bog comp As far as storing, it should fit in the freezer laying down.

Black food coloring ? Never seen it, but I can make my own I guess cause I got red,green,blue and yellow.

(at the risk of spamming BURNZ' thread...) the plan i think is to have a water filled base, then the smoke gets funneled into a thin pipe which goes through the sealed lava section before opening back out into a bubble, maybe a perc. then lastly another condensed section (removable so it can go in the freezer) but this time going through a sealed cooler filled with glycerin or anything that won't freeze like alcohol or some shit. maybe colour code it to go with the oil in the lamp.

that idea involves a fair amount of work and concealing the bulb etc would be hard. maybe instead of the piping going through the lamp, it could tightly coil round the lamp. there's more brainstorming needed i think

sorry burnz
    Sounds like a complicated plan for a bong there Tay, but I think you'll make it work

No worries about the thread hijack

Starchild sorry to hear about your lava pit. LOL

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Sorry burnz but wouldn't that mix of food colourings not produce a brown not a black??

Im 100% if you start mixing random colours you always end up with a brown...

Great work by the way, ice guru burnz

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (30-04-10)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast