Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: electicity spikes and police

Thanks

Default electicity spikes and police

hi ive heard alot about power spikes when you first turn on a hps.. which is obversly the reason you need a contactor, but ive been informed that the energy companys can tell when a household gets a spike of electricity and that if these spikes are happening regularly, which obversly if your growing the good stuff then you will be spiking daily at a exact time each day.. ive heard they monitor this for a short time, then pass the information over to the police, so they can take it further, ie raiding, observation or however they go about there business.. any one know anything about this??? when i heard this information got a bit worryed, fort id ask people who might no! cheers!

Thanks

i think they only contact the police if the spike is pretty high, i dont believe that if they notice anything weird immediately contact the police. actually if they do that they are only killing their own business, they sell power, the much you spend the more money they get. I think they only inform the authorities if the authorities itself request a house bill of someone in specific. keep your bills payed in time and i dont think you gonna get in any trouble. but actually is a pretty nice point you rated there, actually it get me thinking a couple of times too

Thanks

What does "obversly" mean?

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Donbronski View Post
    What does "obversly" mean?
    he means obviously mate lol as you know ha

Looking for New Pastures

5. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

green grass (05-02-13)

Thanks

The spike can't be that big can it? I would guess it's not much different that firing up a decent sized power tool. It's the reguality that'd look seriously doddgy... 600w drain, overnight, for 12 hrs... every night like clockwork..

Once smart meters come in and all this activity is logged and recorded we're all fooked... If someone isn't busy inventing a battery/capacitor device that can disguise the 12hr signature then theres a business oppurtunity right there! Any sparkies want to hook up and make some money?
    First grow
    250W CFL stealth hempy. Jock Horror.
    Second grow 375W CFL stealth hempy. Early Girl.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

BomShiva (14-05-10), BudMan (14-05-10), turnkey (22-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

I would imagine as with the cameras they're looking for big spikes.
    1 light isn't gonna cause much of a spike when compared with 10-20 hid lights going on at once.

They want factories, 1 lighters are useless to the police, in fact it makes them look worse I'd say

Thanks

Your avarage kettle or hoover or washing machine when on is pulling 1000watts plus i can not see how they can tell the diff from a washing machine on a lot in a busy home with your average percy type grow we all have, i really cant!

clearly the powers that be would like you to think diffrent but any grow under 3000 watts is gonna be fucking hard to pin point FACT!

Bom!
    Om Namah Shivaya!

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BomShiva For This Useful Post:

Axx (03-03-13), BudMan (14-05-10), burnotice (17-05-10), Donzo (05-10-12), dynodave (29-06-12), Goodbuddy (21-09-12), green grass (05-02-13), Maverick (10-10-12), morocan mo (17-05-10), needsmust (19-11-12), sgd (14-05-10), Skunky. (21-09-12), Subterranean Man (19-06-18), TOC HPS (18-05-10)

Thanks

No chance a spike from 1 light would flag anything up, bearing in mind all electricity companies just want to sell power.....pay the bill they will have no complaints.....
    I agree with up in smoke lthey really aint intrested in us lot the big growers are who there after...
    Still more chance of gettin busted by blabbing than anything else....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fzzy head For This Useful Post:

green grass (05-02-13), sgd (14-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BomShiva View Post
    Your avarage kettle or hoover or washing machine when on is pulling 1000watts plus i can not see how they can tell the diff from a washing machine on a lot in a busy home with your average percy type grow we all have, i really cant!

clearly the powers that be would like you to think diffrent but any grow under 3000 watts is gonna be fucking hard to pin point FACT!

Bom!
    that was what im trying to say, thanks to you to make my idea with more sense :P

yeah if the spike is away too high than that might sound weird for them but not with a normal setup (around 800w) like most of us hobbyists and small growers have, i dont think they gonna care about that like fzzy head is saying, just keep the power bills payed and everything is gonna be ok
    Last edited by sgd; 14-05-10 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Electricity spikes and police? I thought u meant cattle prods and pigs... Lol.

I don't think they can search for growers like that , what about big shops and buissneses , factorys and schools ? They all turn on at certain times and turn off at the same time everyday . If they looked for growers like that they would be on a constant wild goose chase.
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

newbfarmer (21-09-12)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast