Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: electicity spikes and police

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cannamancan View Post
    Electricity spikes and police? I thought u meant cattle prods and pigs... Lol.

I don't think they can search for growers like that , what about big shops and buissneses , factorys and schools ? They all turn on at certain times and turn off at the same time everyday . If they looked for growers like that they would be on a constant wild goose chase.
    they rate a average consumption of power depending in the household, if a household is supposed to spend in average 200kW/month and its spending 600kW/month they start to think that something weird is going on that house, they check the meters and see a big spike for example from 12pm to 12am, day by day at exact same time, they know that most probably they grow weed on that house. but what they gonna do when they figure that out? go to the cops and saying that something is weird going on that house? why they even gonna do something like that?! they sell power, the much you spend the more money they get. they dont gonna kill their profits when you're are paying every power bill on time. for them is only good business .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sgd For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (14-05-10)

Thanks

well im on a meter so if i dont pay theres no power, so aint got a problem with paying the bills as i dont have one, but still.. i understand that as long as you pay then they probs wont mention anything to the police, but who says that the authority's dont have acsess to this kind of information?? police intelligence officers are extremely sly and so ive been told can get access to basically any kind of digital information they want?
    and donbronski, dont be so pathetic, we all knew what i meant.
    anyway i understand that having one of these lights wont be enough to "flag" up, but surely if theres a consistency of spiking i would of thought there not just going to sit back and be happy with earning the money surely there put a notice with your account? and then if theres a dramatic drop in electricty they might think youve tampered with it, which is when the electricity company DO contact the police, and if you think about it, why would they do this to big scale growers and not us? there giving them much more money then we would be, good to see so many comments on ere today! ne ways hope i aint got no 1 worryed lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbcheeky View Post
    well im on a meter so if i dont pay theres no power, so aint got a problem with paying the bills as i dont have one, but still.. i understand that as long as you pay then they probs wont mention anything to the police, but who says that the authority's dont have acsess to this kind of information?? police intelligence officers are extremely sly and so ive been told can get access to basically any kind of digital information they want?
    and donbronski, dont be so pathetic, we all knew what i meant.
    anyway i understand that having one of these lights wont be enough to "flag" up, but surely if theres a consistency of spiking i would of thought there not just going to sit back and be happy with earning the money surely there put a notice with your account? and then if theres a dramatic drop in electricty they might think youve tampered with it, which is when the electricity company DO contact the police, and if you think about it, why would they do this to big scale growers and not us? there giving them much more money then we would be, good to see so many comments on ere today! ne ways hope i aint got no 1 worryed lol.
    actually is a good point regarding the police having access to the power bills database but i think they will need a warrant to do so, everything that is private information regarding a citizen either is needed a court warrant or your expressed authorization.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sgd For This Useful Post:

Maverick (10-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

If you're that paranoid about spikes get a line conditioner or UPS they will filter out any EMF/RFI coming in/out of your equipment - then all you need to worry about is the amount of electricity you're using - but with the amount of gadgets most people have they wouldn't be able to tell unless your running a huge number of lights.

Do what I did, swap all your inefficient light bulbs with energy saving ones and get a bye-bye-standby so when your growing you reduce the amount of power you waste, when your not growing dont bother switching stuff off and it'll mask your usage figures.

They are only going to get suspicious if you jump from £80 pcm to £180 pcm for 16 weeks then go back to £80 pcm.

Thanks

yeh i know they need warrents to use evidence, but i thought that "police inteligence" which 85% of the time cant be used in court (due to not having warrants) can basicly do what they like to "build" evidence, and also, when there planning multi raids (which happened where i live about 6 months ago, like 12 people court for growing ) surely there going to want to make sure there targeting the right house, best way of doing this???? monitering electricity usage or checking for spikes in unusual accommodation? (like big spike from 1bed flat..?) and also, i thought that warrents were only needed if the person is not giving the police the information they want, and i can imagen if the police ask for a list of dwellings that are spiking at the same time each day, WITHOUT a warrent, there not going to say no??? surely?? because everyone knows if the police are asking for it, they WILL get a warrent.. ?

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

at the end of the day if you plant a seed/cutting of green there are risks involved, its a lottery as to who gets caught imo ,blabbers are more risky than anytin else. i heard the police have an army of predators that jump from lampost to lampost tracing heat from cfls with their heat vision and one of ems been made a high court judge and issues warrants on the spot then they kill you ,it might have been a dream though.

Thanks

Cool they jump from lamp post to lamp post

holy shit ..if they jump from lamp post to lamp post ..i`m fooked..from my bedroom the lampost is only 1 and a half foot away from my grow space..in fact 14 inches away from my window..might try and tap into it..so the monkeys get 400 volts up their arse when jumping from 1 to another lmfao

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bimble View Post
    If you're that paranoid about spikes get a line conditioner or UPS they will filter out any EMF/RFI coming in/out of your equipment - then all you need to worry about is the amount of electricity you're using - but with the amount of gadgets most people have they wouldn't be able to tell unless your running a huge number of lights.

Do what I did, swap all your inefficient light bulbs with energy saving ones and get a bye-bye-standby so when your growing you reduce the amount of power you waste, when your not growing dont bother switching stuff off and it'll mask your usage figures.

They are only going to get suspicious if you jump from £80 pcm to £180 pcm for 16 weeks then go back to £80 pcm.
    What say a house hasn't been using electric at all for 6 months or so because it's been empty but would normally use what would be considered as, normal consumption.

Then, you move in and set up straight away... would they see the last usage as say £50 a month jump to say £150 a month and get suspicious?
    don't get in trouble that you can't get out of...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

No because it is a new contract - you could legitimately using that much (tumbledryer, loads of kids etc).

So long as its not a huge increase and your paying the bills they wont notice.

I'm so confident I'll eat my hat if someone on this site gets busted for using <= 500W of CFL/HPS becasue of the increased electricity usage.

Thanks

Surely if your worried about these 'spikes' at irregular times it would make more sense to have lights on during the day? Just put them on when you get up and it'll look you're just turning on all your appliances. Then keep them off at night so that power usage is kept at normal looking levels and thus doesn't pop up on any auditors reports? Also you wont have as much light leakage cos it'll already be light...

Just my tuppence worth..

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast