Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: electicity spikes and police

Icon Guest

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

And so it shall be.

Sorry for letting this guy have such fun.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

marmalade dreams (21-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,275 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lord lucan View Post
    and the less who grow the more i make. only trying to help lol
    I probably should have banned the missing peer after this sentence, to be honest. But as the whole post was fairly difficult to decipher in general , I thought it best to make sure.

Surely, anyone that has spent an hour reading the forum would understand that this is a forum for those who are interesting in growing their own..... not a get rich quick scheme? Ah well, another one bites the dust.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmalade dreams For This Useful Post:

dynodave (10-10-12), Goodbuddy (21-09-12)

Thanks

surely the leccy companies realise the more people they grass up for excess use, the more likely growers are to bypass the meter??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    surely the leccy companies realise the more people they grass up for excess use, the more likely growers are to bypass the meter??
    They don't grass anyone up... as long as you pay the bill!

If you have very high usage and don't pay... that's an immediate red flag.

If you pay your bill, you have nothing to worry about.

Growing: Green Poison, NL5 Haze Mist, Original Amnesia, Critical Jack, Exodus Cheese, Power Skunk
    Have Grown: Blue Hash, Could #9, Blueberry, Orange Bud, Super Lemon Haze, Kandy Kush, Speed Devil, Fast Bud, Easy Ryder, White Widow... and loving every minute

Thanks

pay your bills and the police will have nothing to do with it..but a friend who is a electrician and he says when hps is switched its known as a conductive load on your meter and by these they can pin point if you are or not ...i dont have this problem as i told my supplier that my missus has bad asthma and that she uses alot of a defibrillator and they not borther me now LOL

Icon Guest

One thing I am certain of is that there are a lot of old wives tales when it comes to exactly whats what when it comes to meters and the use of electricity.

The main things to remember are that if you are running a small home setup you have nothing to worry about if you are paying the bills.

I am trying to think of the growers I know and I know a guy who ran 4 to 6 lamps in his garden shed for years with no electric company questions but he had run 8 lamps at another address and they sent him a letter or rang him asking if he was running a business. Hence he moved

With regard to the electrician saying they have a conductive load etc, then I would think he is referring to a smart meter not an older meter (old ones only measure the flow of current) but I can not promise this. Smart meters will no doubt become more of an issue but we do not have to have them fitted if we dont want, only landlords may be able to insist, I dont know.

A mate of a mate has an Electrician who can fiddle the smart meters also so they are not foolproof for the record.

Our estranged member Lord Looney is chatting shit about the silent Generators, from our POV they are no where near silent they are designed to work on things like Boats , caravans etc and for Silent read a bit quieter then normal ones. Also they are very inneficient and it would be foolish unless you were some serious cash cropper in a location with no electricity and wanted to run 8 lamps in a hole in the ground as one member was once on about.

I hope that clears one or two things up but sleep easy if you are running 2 or less 600Ws Even 4 is fine if you are growing in soil and you cant get your smoke but I would recomend changing to hydro and losing two lamps as If the Law come through the door then 4 to me looks a bit to much like non percy because the bills start to climb.

And of course never ever try to steal electric unless you fancy a stretch because they look at that far worse then growing plants. Im not saying everyone goes down for it but its more likely if you do.

ATB
    Icon

Thanks

We had a quite high electricity bill recently so I went about the house checking the wattage of certain appliances. Turns out that our dinosaur of a tumble dryer runs on 2800 watts !!! There are a lot of people in my house and that thing is on every day. Needless to say that we have invested in some old fashioned drying racks.

That's a spike of a couple thousand watts every day. Not only that, but it also kicks out a lot of heat (with all that heat passing through ducting and out a vent on the side of the house).

Now I've never heard of anyone getting the knock because the police thought a tumble dryer was a grow. Think how many people in the UK also have their tumble dryer in their garage or shed (which would look a lot like a small grow).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JollyPilgrim For This Useful Post:

Axx (03-03-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyPilgrim View Post
    We had a quite high electricity bill recently so I went about the house checking the wattage of certain appliances. Turns out that our dinosaur of a tumble dryer runs on 2800 watts !!! There are a lot of people in my house and that thing is on every day. Needless to say that we have invested in some old fashioned drying racks.

That's a spike of a couple thousand watts every day. Not only that, but it also kicks out a lot of heat (with all that heat passing through ducting and out a vent on the side of the house).

Now I've never heard of anyone getting the knock because the police thought a tumble dryer was a grow. Think how many people in the UK also have their tumble dryer in their garage or shed (which would look a lot like a small grow).
    I think they may look at the time of the heat exhaustion as well as other factors.

For example... it's unlikely anyone will have their tumble drier running at 3am, whereas people like to have lamps on overnight due to Eco7 elec rates or similar.

That's one of the reasons I've always had my lights synced to go off around going to bed time... but then I also exhaust in to the middle of the house, so heat spreads quite evenly.

WanderinBloke Guest

christ, my pc pulls 800w

spikes of the size caused by a percy grower are unlikely to cause concern, imo.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast