Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat

Bobby Digital Guest

so.....

when we getting the chat integrated back on the forum? its been a month or two now without it? surely this is enough time to sort out something no?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

tbh i dont think anyone who can do anything about it is really that fussed - well they dont seem to be lol wrams said hed sort out a secure chatroom for thct and for some reason it was denied or summin?

if chat was part of the forum and was slowing it down - then how come we have some new features like the points thing and the media section? will they not slow down the forum too - i know what id prefer. or is that different memory or summin?

oh and i couldnt load thct forum all day today - again - i know you lot say its my dongle yet how come thct forum is THE ONLY site google chrome cannot find the server for? its happening at least twice a week now personally - and i know its not just the dongle users having this trouble but some broadband members too.

its pretty shit tbh

i know the forums run and modded by stoners and stuff but so many suggestions (good ones too) like new smilies - new skins - new chatroom etc etc - just seem to get lost and forgotton about. its a shame
    Last edited by CockRoach; 26-11-10 at 10:02 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

Sativa Steve (27-11-10), seanMcPot (26-11-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

the f##king scumbags just banned me
    "some one should get f##king stabbed for this...!!"

come on mods/admin/ect dont make me beg for chat back
    (i've know cockroach is willing to suck the c#ck and balls of who ever sorts it out)

McPot

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

Pink_tiger (27-11-10), Sativa Steve (27-11-10)

Bobby Digital Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CockRoach View Post
    i know the forums run and modded by stoners
    this may be the reason

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

munks gaff has a blinding chatroom *whistles* thct could learn a thing or two from it lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

seanMcPot (26-11-10)

Bobby Digital Guest

munks gaff hmm sound familiar, think im a member there.....

*goes to look for chat option*

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

The only person who can do server side edits and uploads is Ragman unless dekay or Eggbox and maybe WTL have server access. Unless they do then Rags is your man for adding chat back to the forums.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

lol love the way the chat is like durka-durka now

Azer: "where all da arab wimmin at?"
    Admin: "Yabb-Dabba?? Dabba Di Dabba Jihad"
    Azer: "Got any red leb?"
    ***banned***

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

shhh munks gaff doesnt exist ....

fkin nubs.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Jesus, it ain't half a thankless task this place..

We've been doing all we can to sort this issue out. Ragman has been in touch with the chat hosts and they restored it already, but it would seem it was either hacked again, or an error in their servers meant that it's been mashed in with their weird Arab music one yet again. When this happened, he was right back on to them about it. We are waiting for a response from them, and cannot make this happen any quicker.

We're not going to integrate chat into the forum now if it's some random bloody forum's chat, are we?

Any offer that has been turned down(although I don't remember a secure chat offer, lol) has been turned down because it's not what the forum needs. It's not like it really matters to Rags if the chat is secure enough, but he's thinking about YOU folk, and not just installing any old thing that could potentially put your security on the line. I'm sorry if it's taking too long for you all, but the ball is not in our court at the minute so please don't start making assumptions when you do not know the full situation

As for the slowing the forum down. A chat feature uses a *lot* more memory than other sections you just read. Because with chat, the people that are connected constantly refresh that page, literally every second or so and this uses a huge amount of memory. Compared to the media sections, etc. Which are just another page you have to load.

You've already had a thread about your not being able to connect to the forum and we've told you what the bloody problem is, I don't know what you want us to do about it seeing as it's your connection.. For a forum frequented by stoners I'd expect a bit of confusion over basic matters.. But come on you have the internet at your disposal.. Get clued up

As for the smileys, etc. Going through that thread and collecting every smiley that people want, collating them, making sure they're royalty-free and can be used on the forum, putting them in to a collection, uploading them and then assigning them all to individual tags is a huge amount of work. But if perhaps things were a bit more organised than a thread full of random smilies, things might happen a bit faster. Stop blaming us for being slow and forgetful when nobody even bothers to have a crack at anything, or even really keeping the threads active(I for one use the new posts function lots as do most others so can miss threads if they're not active all the time)

FFS what a boring morning this has been responding to the, literally hundreds of PM's and messages on these so tedious topics.. You lot are a right moany bunch of stoners sometimes.. But don't worry.. I'm on it...............

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (27-11-10), Wrams (27-11-10)

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast