Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: clone wars

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,794 Times

Yay victory for the jiffy pellet, my favorite rooting medium!!!
    “The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.”

Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

That's good to see that the jiffy pellet wins, as I have just taken my cuttings and was thinking of putting them in rock-wall, but went with jiffy pellets instead as usual

Peace
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

Thanks

We're just gonna go on documenting how long the rock wool takes now. Any bets?

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Another 4 days I reckon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muller View Post
    Another 4 days I reckon
    I think there are already roots in the rockwool so I'll say 2 days before they emerge.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

I knew the peat pellet would win hands down.. Best rooting medium by far! Rockwools awefull for rooting unless your in hydro etc.

I would have thought to make that experiment fair, you should have at least took a couple of cuts to put each in each medium, incase one was just a slow grower, as i find all of my clones usually root at different times, some a week say before others. Just my 2p

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (22-06-10)

Thanks

I knew the peat pellet would win hands down.. Best rooting medium by far! Rockwools awefull for rooting unless your in hydro etc.

I would have thought to make that experiment fair, you should have at least took a couple of cuts to put each in each medium, incase one was just a slow grower, as i find all of my clones usually root at different times, some a week say before others. Just my 2p
    Well I use the pellets in my wilma4 with fantastic results so hydro growers should be aware that they too can take advantage of the awesome jiffy pellet!
    I agree with budman's second point, a larger sampling would have made for a more balanced experiment but imo the pellets would still win hands down.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Quote Originally Posted by illearth67 View Post
    Well I use the pellets in my wilma4 with fantastic results so hydro growers should be aware that they too can take advantage of the awesome jiffy pellet!
    I agree with budman's second point, a larger sampling would have made for a more balanced experiment but imo the pellets would still win hands down.
    I was more thinking along the lines of them large rockwool blocks for hydro systems mate! But i agree, if i was using hydro i would probably still germ in peat pellets

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

illearth67 (22-06-10)

Thanks

No problem budman I understand what you mean now and you're right of course.
    A lot of noob hydro growers seem to think that they have to root in rockwool but I'm sure jiffy pellets would be fine in most hydro systems and not just wilma ebb and flows.

Thanks

Wink

This is a great thread and should be made into a sticky i reckon,wow 7 days to root thats fecking great but now i'm real pissed off as i been trying to root cuttings in soil without any success,i must have wasted around 15 clones by now and i'm doing everything correctly like taking the cuts under water etc,looks like i'm gonna have to invest in some of these jiffy pellets then.
    Can you tell me what light schedule you used ?
    Thanks for sharing.
    PS sorry just realised you said 24-7.
    Last edited by Cannalover; 22-06-10 at 07:49 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast