Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: pH and EC Meters?

Gary420 Guest

I know i should already know this but i've hunted the internet and scowered this site and im still stumped! i got my ec meter and ph pen through the post today and i've got the ph sorted but i have no idea what the EC should b at? its reading 0.3 in the moment. im growing lemon stinkies in an oxy pot with the ghe series. please help someone i think i may be under feeding as my soil plants are BOOOMIN compared to my oxy and i thought it should be the other way round.
    Peace any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Will need a bit more info than that mate,how old is your plant in the oxypot,pics would help too.
    I LIKE GANJA..GANJA LIKES ME..WE MAKE A PAIR LIKE A GANJA TREE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to big syko 75 For This Useful Post:

Gary420 Guest

I've got it sorted syko nogood helped me out in his diary. my plants r 5 days old and i've got them sitting at PH 5.8 and EC 0.20 now so i reckon im good to go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary420 For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (16-07-10)

Thanks

tell me if i sound thick but . my ec meter dosnt read organic tea that ive made is it cos ther are no salts in it ?

Thanks

I have "nutra-wand" tester, its good for fast test, but it does show right too. Each time it show different results. But difference is small so it can't addict my plants. Organic tea is different story, you can't test with ordinary tester, I think need some professional tools. My own experience tells my, that you can't over fertilize you plants, so it is unnecessary to test And I am sure there are salt, there is no material without salt, just yours tester don't know this thing like organic fertilizer, It's suppose to test concentration of clear nutritions...

Thanks

anyone ??? so lets say my ph is sitting at 6 and my ec at 2 which is pretty good so im led to believe, well then do i still add the nute's for that day ?? or is the water fine,, as if i add the nute's that will unbalance my water right >>??? call me stupid if ya must an explain lol . im a total newbie . otherwise how do i adjust the ec ?? much help please wanna have a good yield

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    I know these are not the best ones on the market but here you go..ph/ec meters
    got a ph range of Measurement Range: pH 0.0 to 14.0 pH
    I just got a tester combo from the same people, it arrived next day and seems to be in order. I went for the set with the nutriwand and a grey ph meter with 0.01 resoloution which useful, the nutriwand starts at 4 and goes up in increments of 2 so not as clear but the leds do flash differently if the meter is inbetween the markings on the scale.

where ever i lay my weed tin thats my home
    Thanks

can i ask a question please? do all PH pens need a calibration buffer or can you but them that dont need it? also what is a good one to buy as looking to get myself one

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,777 Times

All need to be calibrated with buffer fluid from time to time. I bought this one.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-QUALITY...ht_1996wt_1344 It's fairly expensive but I love this pen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zen Archer For This Useful Post:

timothio (28-02-12)

Thanks

Can any one recommend me a good ph/ec pen combo for about 30?
    i checked the link above http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...m=390099309813 these look ok can anyone give me some info on them if youve used them thanks

GbCheeky

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast