Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Keeping a Happy Mother Plant

Thanks

Another great thread. Thanks

Thanks

great thread, thanks alot! ive been thinking about starting a mother room for some time as it would save so much hassle (only ever grown from seed) the biggest problem for me is the space of a 2nd room. i was wondering if say 50cm x 50cm x 100cm under a 125w blue cfl would be enough to keep a mother plant in good condition? never tryed cfl before but ive seen some good results on full grows, im only after a small amount of cuttings every couple months so it would be great if that would be enough, any advice would be much apreciated. happy dayz

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lifelike For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,555 Times

Good guide, up2nogood,would like to see a long term guide on mothers in soil,,when or if to top dress, notes or organic e.t.c

Thanks

Hey all...

I'm growing a bonsai mother plant of an excellent blz bud pheno in soil and just wanted to know what's best to feed her ?

PG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by b.t.y View Post
    Hey all...

I'm growing a bonsai mother plant of an excellent blz bud pheno in soil and just wanted to know what's best to feed her ?
    Hi b.t.y

If you're in soil you don't need to use any feed at all mate. When she starts to look hungry just take her out of the pot, remove about 25% of the root mass, then put her back in the same pot with fresh soil.

Here are some pics of a bonsai pog I grew, she was put in to flower for the bonsai comp last year, but the potting-on principle is the same.

If you're keeping her in a bonsai pot you may need to cut around the edge of the soil to get her out, the roots have a tendancy to attach themselves to the terracotta......

Make sure the roots fill the pot...

Remove about 25% of the rootmas and soil, then put a fresh layer of soil in the bottom of the pot...

Then just stick her back in, refill the edges with more fresh soil and give her a good watering. no need for nutes mate..

I potted-on this one 3 times throughout the grow and she didn't miss a beat..

For keeping mothers just use the same method but keep her on veg lighting, pot-on when the nutes in the soil start running low and she shows early signs of hunger.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PG For This Useful Post:

b.t.y (14-09-11), Grub (15-03-13), niceneasy (08-04-12)

Thanks

Nice one pg cheers

Haven't been infor a while
    Nice to see you all still at it

I don't know, i can't see through the smoke
    Thanks

great info up2, will bare this in mind whenever I get a mother on the go, this in conjuncture of grafting would be very handy for the groom

Thanks

Here's my mum and some cuttings, the Northern Lights mum is the one in the box. I've had her in that pot for nearly two years now & adopt the same principle as Percy Grower. A 62w daylight bulb supported all these plants till the two week stage, though it was a little cramped.

I change the soil three weeks before I need cuttings, by the time I need to take them there's loads of new healthy growth.

Thanks

Great topic for a noob like. Me lol

Thanks

Thx for info!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast