Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: List of strains for medical use

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

every thread ends up this way when you two get involved eh?
    Last edited by Tay; 18-07-10 at 08:29 PM. Reason: can't spell haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,739 Times

Yes there is a pattern forming tay
    GFORCE - if your worried about what your mates gonna say you could glue the leaves back on and spray it green lol.
    COCKROACH - *holds collar in memory*
    "Some people call a spade a spade... I call a c**t a c**t"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink_tiger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

A very boring pattern..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (19-07-10), GEORGE (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

sooooo back on topic ...one bong of nl#5 x haze = no more tooth ache

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,289 Times

Don't know if this link have been posted but its a very good one that shows what strain is good for what etc too:

http://www.honoluluasa.org/medical_cannabis_strains.htm
    Marijuana documentary's: Documentary's

Feel free to press the -Thanks- button to the lower left if I have been of help! : )

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
    Not to be an asshole, but:

I don't really see the point of this thread?
    Clearly the author don't know anything on medical subjects.

For such a long list one would expect a bunch of sources? - Have you tried any of these your self? Gotten them on random sites on line? Found info on Pubmed or Cochrane?
    Knowing just a bit on this subject I can guarantee that 90% of mentioned strains have not been tested under proper biomedical research conditions. The info (if you can call it that) is useless..

I anyone should be in doubt of this: Either a compound is analgesic or it's not - local pain relieve exists only with local application! Therefore the active components in cannabis will work on all sorts of pain scenarios (Headache, hangover, PM-pains, back pains etc.)

The same goes for the antiemetic (reduction of nausea) effects and on..

Thinking that the strains have so clear different medicinal profiles is just plain wrong. (unfortunately).

I suggest the list is reduce to 2-7 strains accompanied with proper sources. (Or if not made not sticky)

Sorry about the language - it's my second...
    you have the right to your opinion but lots of others enjoyed this thread.

Looking for New Pastures

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-12-14), J420 (28-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
    Not to be an asshole, but:

I don't really see the point of this thread?
    Clearly the author don't know anything on medical subjects.

For such a long list one would expect a bunch of sources? - Have you tried any of these your self? Gotten them on random sites on line? Found info on Pubmed or Cochrane?
    Knowing just a bit on this subject I can guarantee that 90% of mentioned strains have not been tested under proper biomedical research conditions. The info (if you can call it that) is useless..

I anyone should be in doubt of this: Either a compound is analgesic or it's not - local pain relieve exists only with local application! Therefore the active components in cannabis will work on all sorts of pain scenarios (Headache, hangover, PM-pains, back pains etc.)

The same goes for the antiemetic (reduction of nausea) effects and on..

Thinking that the strains have so clear different medicinal profiles is just plain wrong. (unfortunately).

I suggest the list is reduce to 2-7 strains accompanied with proper sources. (Or if not made not sticky)

Sorry about the language - it's my second...
    Check the link I posted and you will have plenty of researches etc

14. The Following User Says Thank You to J420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-12-14)

Thanks

I know this may seem like an obvious question but how do i find out more information about the medical uses of cannabis? my mother has arthuritis and would be willing to try cannabis but i wouldnt want to get her stoned if you know what i mean? how do i know how much etc......?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Reefer_Madness For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer_Madness View Post
    I know this may seem like an obvious question but how do i find out more information about the medical uses of cannabis? my mother has arthuritis and would be willing to try cannabis but i wouldnt want to get her stoned if you know what i mean? how do i know how much etc......?
    Always start with small doses like with everything else, 0,05gram/50mg is a good start point and then go up if needed, the stronger weed the lesser you can use. Best way for medicinal use is to make cannabutter but this will also mean you will have to grow your own as you want to use the whole plant as there is a lot of CBD in the stem and branches that you want, its the CBD that contains the most medicinal compounds unless she is after to use it as a pain reliever only then the flowers/buds that contains the most THC that you wanna use, although making butter on this is also one of the best way unless she wants to smoke it, then the best and healthiest way is to buy a vaporizer as in this she can use less amount of weed for great results.

Search medicinal marijuana on youtube and have a look at my threads of documentary's to find useful information etc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...umentary-s-etc will give alot of answers.

Remember it much cheaper to grow your own then buy from dealers, buying 10-15grams from a dealer can give you 80grams if you grow your own, so for someone who wanna use it for medicinal/ every day doses then growing once own weed is vital unless you got a shitload of cash but also remember that dealers weed are not very good quality as they only sell to make profit so you/she will get better quality by growing once own supply.

Besides there is nothing more fun then being able to grow once own medicine! : )
    Last edited by J420; 20-11-10 at 03:32 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to J420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer_Madness View Post
    May I ask why you don't want your mother to get stoned? Is it because she's your mother and that would be weird or what? Just curious. Smoked with my mom once and yes, it was a little weird, but she didn't really care for it, so never did it again.
    A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mrfantasy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-18)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast