Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter mod

Thanks

Default Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter mod

I must stress this is still in **beta** testing lol but so far with little effort this is going to be a win il update later tonight i`m on baby sitting duty while the mrs gets her tattoo lol

Ok here we start first off take measurements of your fan and fillter connected both length and height then add 4 inch's to the length,you will see why later then nip down to poundland or any such shop and look for a plastic toy box as close to your measurements as it can be.

then out to the shed/workshop with you! will need a drill and a jigsaw with fine teath if possible
    and marker pen.

take a bit of ducting or use one end of your fan and mark around it onto the box for a template like bellow.

once you have done both side's carefully drill a hole in the middle then use the jogsaw to cut it out BE verry gentle when you near the end of the circle as it might start to crack!!!once you have the hole's cut out use a camping stove or gas cooker and an old knife to melt the edge of the hole you just cut so it dose not snag the ducting ( trust me it will if you dont!!!)
    you should end up with something like this!

what you need to do now is connect your outlet duct to the fan and also your inlet this will be the one closer to the CF now seal both of the ducts to the box with duct tape and dont be cheap once you have done this find an old pillow and steal the white cotton wool like stuffing and place some around the CF dont pack it to tight though and also place a blanker around the fan you should end up with something like this. ( i hadnt connected the inlet befor taking pic but you get the idea)

Here you can see the blue blanket over the fan and the white stuffing lightly around the CF

here is the finished item

i have still to seal up the ducting leading into and out of the box and also seal the lid now all you do is connect the inlet duct to the top vent of your tent and pull the draw string tas tight as you can to seal it the fan will suck the air into the box clean it and pass it out the other side but you must must make sure all joints on the box lid,inlets,outlets are 100% air tight to make it work a small leek is likely to result in poor performance as it will be sucking in fresh air from the box and not the air from the tent

il update later when its finished
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Father jack For This Useful Post:

420 (04-12-10), AUniqueID (22-01-12), big syko 75 (06-02-11), bigballs (29-07-10), bodge (18-03-11), Boo (25-02-11), Bubbles LM (12-08-10), CockRoach (29-07-10), Darrel (18-02-11), doctor gonz0 (10-10-11), Forest (02-02-11), J420 (01-08-10), jabba1982 (04-04-13), Jackman (02-03-14), Kutch (18-05-13), leyus (05-10-13), marcus (01-11-10), Mo Lodders (12-12-12), MyPrecious (13-05-11), OCB (31-05-13), PhilZenMaster (15-10-11), scouse-haze (24-01-11), spliffy2007 (08-12-10), Stirruphead (27-01-13), StonejackerStan (21-08-10), torxxx (01-06-11), UsuallyWasted (27-07-11)

Thanks

well thats it finished i can honestly say i have out done myself :P you can just barely hear it when you stand about a foot away from the shed and i think the only reason you hear it is you know its there and your looking for the sound whare as anyone else would simply not hear it highly recomend anyone with noise problems gives this a go it only cost in total £25 and the bulk of that was the box i had to also buy blades for saw and more duct tape but if you have these laying around its a cheap fix to a problem that could cost you dearly

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Father jack For This Useful Post:

Jackman (02-03-14), OCB (31-05-13), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

told ya it works!! top stuff there father!!

cock

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

like i said you can every so slightly hear a verry low hum but nothing else no wossh no goosh nothing

Thanks

Excellent, good work FJ, this is exactly how I had mine set up except cos I'm a tight wad, I just used the box my budget CF came in and an old blanket.
    Yours looks much more professional

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigballs View Post
    Excellent, good work FJ, this is exactly how I had mine set up except cos I'm a tight wad, I just used the box my budget CF came in and an old blanket.
    Yours looks much more professional
    yea......amzing how a camera angle can hide cracks made by a jigsaw handled by a hashy git lol

Thanks

Oops, on closer inspection........I lied
    I only had my fan in the box, my CF was in the tent cos I only had a cheapo single ended budget filter
    The only thing I could hear in the room was the sucking noise from the CF and that was minimal when the tent was closed up

Thanks

ahh now you know what tp try next bb thanks for the sticky mod

you took my sticky virginity i am forever in your debt rofl

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Father jack For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (29-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

bout time the diy section had some more stickys - was well undernourished lol
    congrats father
    cock

Thanks

but does not covering the fan and cf with blankets create a back pressure making the extraction less efficient and also putting a much greater load on the fans internal motor?
    Last edited by 420; 04-12-10 at 11:51 PM. Reason: stoned

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 420 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast