Thread: Think i may of over watered seedlings, sprayed on 2 fell over?

Thanks

Default Think i may of over watered seedlings, sprayed on 2 fell over?

Hi guys, well my seedlings are about 5 days old and have stretched, about 4 inches tall and are very weak so i thought i'd give them a spray of bio-silicon as using plant magic products and 2 just fell flat over, this is my 1st grow and im not green fingers to say the least, i think i may of over watered them or this this a common thing when they are this young, some seem a little more stronger than others. i have started putting a small 6 inch fan on but not directly on them, the 2 that fell over obviosly are not strong enough to support themselfs, any feed back at all ? Sorry no camera. oh started off in 3 inch pots and yesterday gave them root stimulator.

Thanks

I would support them with a toothpick or cocktail stick, to help em. Dont let em dry out, but don't soak em. Water when there almost dry then leave em is what I do. Keeping them humid helps as well.
    Check out my grows 1st Homegrown (done) and Mellows going for gold

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Using that timer would be like wanking with a handful of razorblades.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by eelman1102 View Post
    Hi guys, well my seedlings are about 5 days old and have stretched, about 4 inches tall and are very weak so i thought i'd give them a spray of bio-silicon as using plant magic products and 2 just fell flat over, this is my 1st grow and im not green fingers to say the least, i think i may of over watered them or this this a common thing when they are this young, some seem a little more stronger than others. i have started putting a small 6 inch fan on but not directly on them, the 2 that fell over obviosly are not strong enough to support themselfs, any feed back at all ? Sorry no camera. oh started off in 3 inch pots and yesterday gave them root stimulator.
    If you have a few inches spare in your pot fill it up to give the stems more support or use a straw to support them..you could do what mellowyellow said but a straw will give better support but cut down the side and place a good few inches of the straw into the soil.Don't spray them with anything and yes overwatering is a common thing with new growers.only water when the top few inches is dry..

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    If you have a few inches spare in your pot fill it up to give the stems more support or use a straw to support them..you could do what mellowyellow said but a straw will give better support but cut down the side and place a good few inches of the straw into the soil.Don't spray them with anything and yes overwatering is a common thing with new growers.only water when the top few inches is dry..
    yes thanks guys, i have proped them up and i do think it is because i overwatered but i just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem. How do you know if you have damping off ? could i have that ?
    Last edited by eelman1102; 31-07-10 at 11:01 AM.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by eelman1102 View Post
    yes thanks guys, i have proped them up and i do think it is because i overwatered but i just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem. How do you know if you have damping off ? could i have that ?
    do you water them from the top or do you add water in the saucer? have you cleaned your pots saucers thorughly with mild bleach? that can help with dampen off and good airing helps..