Thread: America

Thanks

Default America

Hello to all. What are the laws in going to visit the states? Ie if you have a criminal record?

Does it depend on what you had done?
    Can you go and visit if you have been busted for cultivating?
    Also who do I speak to to find out before I book my holiday? American embassy?

Iv read somewhere that you can't go if you have done the following.

Murder
    Trafficking(drugs)
    Money laundering

Can I put links up to these sites?
    Many thanks FM
    Last edited by Fruit man; 03-09-10 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks

Hmmm, not sure about that one. I know that from the US you can get stopped going into Canada for any level of felony, but I think that's at their discretion. Good luck on the visit!

Thanks

I would also like to know don't even know if i have a criminal record tho >.<

Thanks

Folks - If you read the questions listed on the visa waiver card (which you fill in on the plane), it asks if you have been arrested for anything (ie just questioned), you are supposed to declare it !

Any criminal record (other than driving related, speeding etc) is frowned upon, in the 'land of the free'

Ultimately, what they dont know dont hurt them - Tick no on the card and try your luck....should be ok, even if you have crown court prosecutions.

But you will struggle if interpol have your paw prints - you must give prints at the immigraiton once you land. All prints are scanned against international databases.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DHAKA BOY For This Useful Post:

Fruit man (06-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

i think any drugs offences and you should be barred
    but saying that ive been to the states about 5 times and they never stopped me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DHAKA BOY View Post
    Folks - If you read the questions listed on the visa waiver card (which you fill in on the plane), it asks if you have been arrested for anything (ie just questioned), you are supposed to declare it !

Any criminal record (other than driving related, speeding etc) is frowned upon, in the 'land of the free'

Ultimately, what they dont know dont hurt them - Tick no on the card and try your luck....should be ok, even if you have crown court prosecutions.

But you will struggle if interpol have your paw prints - you must give prints at the immigraiton once you land. All prints are scanned against international databases.
    Cheers mate. Well I give them a ring first. I havnt got a criminal record for anything related to drugs. But I have a criminal record wich I have done my time and paid all fines off. It will be 5 years gone this year.

Cheers again FM

Thanks

I would not ring.

If you tick 'no' to all the questions on the visa waiver card, you should be ok - if you ring them I guess you will be asked to go to the embassy
    in grovensor sq for an interview, and your card will be marked, meaning lying on the visa en route ever again will be a no no - visiting that embassy is a ball ache you could do with out. YOu are not allowed to take in any electronics, and you cannot leave them
    in a locker at reception like most embassies - meaning if your not a londoner, or got any mates near by, you'll have to get a hotel room to store
    your phone / ipod etc !

If you do go there, I double dare you not to shave for a week and mutter allah akbhar as you wait outside Getting wet in the rain..yes, they make you queue up outside too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DHAKA BOY For This Useful Post:

Fruit man (06-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Espeicially if you is black....

Seriously - last time I went to the "land of the deluded" almost all the "NON-WHITE" people on the flight were given shit by US border control - It's just another form of racism if you ask me.

Go somewhere else on holiday instead.

Thanks

Mr Bimble - I agree. Its unfortunate, but segregation is very alive and evident in a lot of that place.

They are clueless though. Heres my favourite US border control experience....I was living in indonesia at the time......Travelling to the US on biz.....Guy asks me where I am from....So I reply....Indonesia (I held indo docs at that time)......He says....Oh yeh, can tell by your accent.....LOLOL - Mate, I am whiter than daz, the third reich would be proud of my genetics and I got a diluted london accent.....Indonesian ???? WTF ?!? Not that I would be ashamed to be branded Indonesian, but how on earth can he even think a pasty faced blue eyed brit is asian ??? LOL.

However - As with anywhere there are some good folks there, its just the majority of the outward facing drones that spoil the show.