Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Military/History Discussion Thread(NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!)

Thanks

On related note but a slightly different tangent.....Sorry to hi-jack your thread...

I saw David Icke mentioned, so I thought I show my hand I have time for him, but that lizzard stuff ? Show me the data !

On the WWII thing.....SOmething interesting that maybe some of you may want to research or look into yourselves......

Who hear knows of Nikola tesla ? TEsla coils ? Even to most engineers, Tesla is simply the SI unit for magnetic flux density...But there is so much more....He's an engineering and science genious who 'they' have suppressed his findings and removed from history.

Tesla gave us our AC current and basically our leccy - He had the war of currents with Edison, who promoted and proposed DC. Edison was good buddies with THE J P Morgan (W..I mean Banker!) and also Westinghouse (The man behind leccy and trains in US - very powerful). Thank fuck common sense prevailed and we got AC - Its easier to transmit and step up and down, suffers less losses etc. DC would have required more capacitors to maintain the load over distance, and would have needed more infrastructure etc - more money making oppo's for JP Morgan, the investor !Google war of currents - you will see how edison and morgan dragged animals to towns to kill animals with Tesla's AC generated current to scare the public. Dispicable.

Anway - Tesla, discovered many great things. Its documented that he showed morgan and westinghouse an experiment. He understood how to harness the naturally occurring electricity from the atmosphere and earth - Free energy for all. He had a system of wires and antenna lashed across a waterfall, and continued to demonstrate as he wirelessly (!) lit an electric lihgt bulb....Morgan commented ' Thats useless, how can we bill people for it ?'...... Typical ? Tesla had a vision of masts and antenna across the globe, soaking up and kicking out energy for all and sundry.

Energy = Advancement. Its simple. NO energy, not much anything else. Look at history, its all about energy (industrial revolution, war, GDP and ability to produce real wealth...your plants ! )

Tesla conducted many experients with high frequencies and magentic fields - The rumoured philadelphia project was based on his work. Google that if you have not heard of it. He died in poverty and the CIA ceased a lot of his documents.

Tesla is shrouded in a lot of mystery, along with his work.

Where is the link to the WWII ?....Tesla came to the states from Europe. He had an assistant.....Who is alledged to be none other than grand daddy bush......There are also inconsitencies in grand daddy bushes memoirs and school records, dates and about his fabricated American family history.....And it gets better....There are photos, of the senior ranking third reich, with none other, than teslas little helper at the dinner table

Von braun, Mr V1 and V2 was nabbed and ended up there and gave birth to NASA...Was grandaddy bush also there also to supress free energy to ensure oil and petrol reigned supreme, could be price fixed and proffited from.....

Hmmm....

I have some documents and photos I have compiled if anyone is interested. Would welcome your inputs, thoughts or challenges.....
    Last edited by DHAKA BOY; 08-09-10 at 10:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DHAKA BOY For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-21), illearth67 (12-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,794 Times

Quote Originally Posted by abemnik View Post
    A UK winter warfare wouldnt really have bothered the Germans the Jaegger units were well trained in winter warfare and also at the forefront of it and tactics devised then are still in use now as a part of the marine and SAS mountain warfare syllabus, the UK was lucky in more ways the BEF was near exhaustion after Dunkirk the same year and most equipment was left on the beaches if it wasnt for the Russian front opening up it could have been a totally different thing and considering the Germans had only been rearming themselves from 1933 with some of the best experts have created some of nowadays weapons , the B2 stealth bomber was from a German design the cruise missile from a V1 doodlebug the V2 came to late the ME262 HE163 both jet planes before the Brits got their own Meteor , if the Yanks hadnt starved Japan of fuel pre Pearl Harbour they might not have been drawn into the whole affair , the German war machine was well oiled and well designed and with time who knows
    No I don't think the Germans were were in any way "frightened" of invading Britain but the combination of circumstances I mentioned just meant it never took off though in hindsight of course Britain should ideally have been Knocked out of the War before the invasion of Russia.
    I think one of the greatest unexplored what if's is the possibility of " The Grand Axis Strategy".
    This strategy would have involved the strategic co-ordination of the efforts of the Japanese and German military.
    To give you an idea of just how big an effect this could have had on the course of the WAr consider this.
    As I said above one of the key reasons Moscow wasn't captured in the winter of 1941/42 was because of the Siberian re inforcements.
    Now as a result of the Russo-Japanese War Japan had effectively occupied part of Russia and could have easily broken the peace treaty and opened up a second Russian front in 1941 that would have made sending those reinforcements all but impossible.
    Without those re inforcements Moscow might have fallen, however as Napoleon's earlier 1812 campaign showed even this would not have guaranteed victory.
    “The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.”

Winston Churchill

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

abemnik (08-09-10), GEORGE (12-09-21)

Thanks

I am not aqquaint with the Jap Russia theatre although knew it existed as was more interested in the European/North Atlantic theatres ,the U Boats fascinate me ,the likes of Prien and that also the Bismark against the Northern fleet ,and how one ship led manyy on a merry dance and through some luck or bad luck depending on your views was lucky to have been defeated so early on it was a ship that rivalled if not bettered anything the RN had ,the pride of the British fleet was shown up when the RN was the strongest Navy in the world and the war was really the end of the British superiority at sea ,we would not have the same naval power now as then although the weapons systems are vastly greater, and was shown that in the Falklands and if the US hadnt stepped in and stopped the French selling more Exocets the group of islands would now be known as the Malvinas, British troops were lucky the Argentines used the FN Fal which was an automatic version of our SLR as when the supply ships were sunk so was a lot of UK ammo and the troops used the Argentine weapons and ammo against their previous owners but that is digressing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abemnik For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-21), illearth67 (09-09-10)

Thanks

I am not aqquaint with the Jap Russia theatre although knew it existed as was more interested in the European/North Atlantic theatres ,the U Boats fascinate me ,the likes of Prien and that also the Bismark against the Northern fleet ,and how one ship led manyy on a merry dance and through some luck or bad luck depending on your views was lucky to have been defeated so early on it was a ship that rivalled if not bettered anything the RN had ,the pride of the British fleet was shown up when the RN was the strongest Navy in the world and the war was really the end of the British superiority at sea ,we would not have the same naval power now as then although the weapons systems are vastly greater, and was shown that in the Falklands and if the US hadnt stepped in and stopped the French selling more Exocets the group of islands would now be known as the Malvinas, British troops were lucky the Argentines used the FN Fal which was an automatic version of our SLR as when the supply ships were sunk so was a lot of UK ammo and the troops used the Argentine weapons and ammo against their previous owners but that is digressing
    Yes I understand. With this thread covering such a wide range of subject matter we will all have our own particular areas of interest and expertise and that is what exactly what I hoped for.
    My main interest/expertise as regards military history is in the WW2 era weapons and tactics but I was interested that you mentioned the 1745 Jacobite Uprising in an earlier post and that is also of special interest to me because being a scot it is very much living history and I have visited many of battle sites in scotland, including Culloden.
    I will come back to the '45 later for now I want to draw everyone's attention to a very good history documentary series that I watched a few years ago now but is still very pertinent to today's world situation.
    The Documentary is by historian Niall Ferguson and is called The War of the World
    The War of the World, published in 2006, had been ten years in the making and is a comprehensive analysis of the savagery of the 20th century. Ferguson shows how a combination of economic volatility, decaying empires, psychopathic dictators, and racially/ethnically motivated (and institutionalized) violence resulted in the wars, and the genocides of what he calls "History's Age of Hatred". The New York Times Book Review named War of the World one of the 100 Notable Books of the Year in 2006, while the International Herald Tribune called it "one of the most intriguing attempts by an historian to explain man's inhumanity to man".[46] Ferguson addresses the paradox that, though the 20th century was "so bloody", it was also "a time of unparalleled [economic] progress". As with his earlier work Empire,[47] War of the World was accompanied by a Channel 4 television series presented by Ferguson.

You can watch all the episodes here for free and if you haven't seen it yet then I hope you will do so soon and post your views.
    It's on channel4ondemand so I don't think this link breaks forum rules but if so I apologise.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...ld/4od#2923002

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-21)

blurry-vision Guest

nice one illearth I'll have to check that out, looks interesting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

illearth67 (09-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

and was shown that in the Falklands and if the US hadnt stepped in and stopped the French selling more Exocets the group of islands would now be known as the Malvinas,
    dont think that was down to the yanks , the yanks did help us out with satellite recon though.
    what really would have finished us off in the Falklands is if the all the bombs (not exocets) that hit our ships had exploded .

http://www.naval-history.net/F62brshipslost.htm

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bergkamp For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-21), illearth67 (09-09-10)

Thanks

Thought some of you guys might be interested to know there are some very good tank simulator games out there now.
    You will need a high spec PC with a good graphics card to play most of them so be sure to check the system requirements if you do decide to buy any.
    The first game I think is worth mentioning is Tiger V. T-34.
    This game is pure eye candy if you are into WW2 AFV's and as the tiite says revolves around the battles between these tanks in Russia during WW2.
    It is a great game but be warned much the missions are a bit linear, the maps aren't as big as I would like and you can only command your own tank, but you can change position between Commander, Gunner or Driver views.
    On the plus side the tanks look amazing and it really feels like you are inside one of these beasts so definitely worth a look if you like these games.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-21)

Thanks

Next up is Red Orchestra which is really best played as an online multiplayer game and it also has lots of cool mods available too so worth considering.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

abemnik (09-09-10), GEORGE (12-09-21)

Thanks

But my own personal favorite is Steel Fury it is just an awesome game to both watch and play with huge maps and open ended missions you feel like you can go anywhere and do whatever you want.
    Again you can switch between commander, gunner and driver views and the vehicle mods are really cool as you can see in the second video.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-21)

Thanks

Battle of Britain Memorial

Well it just wouldn't be right to let the ongoing Battle of Britain commemorations to pass unoticed on this thread, especially with such a large UK membership here.
    But since we're not all from the UK or even Europe let's just cover the events we are actually remembering. Here's a brief summary.

The Battle of Britain (German: Luftschlacht um England or Luftschlacht um Großbritannien) is the name given to the air campaign waged by the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) against the United Kingdom during the summer and autumn of 1940. The objective of the campaign was to gain air superiority over the Royal Air Force (RAF), especially Fighter Command. The name derives from a famous speech delivered by Prime Minister Winston Churchill in the House of Commons: "The Battle of France is over. I expect the Battle of Britain is about to begin..."[24][25][nb 14]

The Battle of Britain was the first major campaign to be fought entirely by air forces, and was also the largest and most sustained aerial bombing campaign to that date. From July 1940 coastal shipping convoys and shipping centres, such as Portsmouth, were the main targets; one month later the Luftwaffe shifted its attacks to RAF airfields and infrastructure. As the battle progressed the Luftwaffe also targeted aircraft factories and ground infrastructure. Eventually the Luftwaffe resorted to attacking areas of political significance and using terror bombing tactics.[nb 15]

The failure of Germany to achieve its objectives of destroying Britain's air defences, or forcing Britain to negotiate an armistice or an outright surrender, is considered its first major defeat and one of the crucial turning points in the war.[27] If Germany had gained air superiority, Adolf Hitler might have launched Operation Sea Lion, an amphibious and airborne invasion of Britain.
    At the end of June 1940, following the fall of France, the majority of the RAF's 36 fighter squadrons were equipped with Hurricanes. The Battle of Britain officially lasted from 10 July until 31 October 1940, but the heaviest fighting took place between 8 August and 21 September. Both the Supermarine Spitfire and the Hurricane are renowned for their part in defending Britain against the Luftwaffe — generally the Spitfire would intercept the German fighters, leaving Hurricanes to concentrate on the bombers, but despite the undoubted abilities of the "thoroughbred" Spitfire, it was the "workhorse" Hurricane that scored the highest number of RAF victories during this period, accounting for 1,593 of the 2,739 claimed.
    So the first thing you should notice before we go Spitfire crazy is that the most numerous and succesful RAF fighter was the Hurricane not the Spitfire and that is something we would all do well to remember.
    There are numerous events, aerial displays and flybys you can visit all around the UK until the end of the month here is a link if anyone is interested.
    http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/displayinfo/
    Now for some cool vids first the Hurricane. Note how the newsreel commentator claims superiority over the German Bf109G (Messerchmit 109)?
    The hurricanes primary targets were bombers so this a bit of propaganda I think!

OK now for the Spitfire, easily the most elegant WW2 fighter design IMO tho not the most efficient!

And finally their main fighter adversary the equally awesome Messerchmit 109

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

DHAKA BOY (10-09-10), GEORGE (12-09-21)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast