Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheeses Master Kush

Offline Mmmmm.... Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks

Default Cheeses Master Kush

So, i've finally decided to start a grow journal after a month or so of waiting for my plant to reach a decent size.

I'm growing Master Kush in a closet grow (1m x 1m x 1ft) under a 250w blue spectrum cfl, and a 200w red cfl for the flowering stage. So far i've managed to keep the plant small and bushy. I'm growing that plant in standard homebase houseplant soil and it seems to be loving it.

I'll take you through it so far.

This is it about 2 weeks in

It wasn't looking very healthy so when it got a bit bigger i repotted it.

This is how it looked a few days after being repotted, it had really perked up.

Then it grew

And grew

And now 2 and a bit weeks later we have this

I have had to put some string up to stop myself from closing the door on it, it's good because more light get's to the bottom leaves as well as the larger leaves getting closer to the light. You can see in this photo though that the end's of the leaves are curling slightly, i may have watered it a bit later but i did it thuroughly thismorning, it's drinking much more quickly now.

I'll get some more pics up when it's had some more decent growth.

Thanks
    Cheese

Thanks

nice mk there! good work

Thanks

Looking good dude, this is going to be a bit controversial, but you'll have to trust me, i done it on my MK.

Top the plant right now, its begging for it lol, then chop the bottom 1/3 of the leaves off 7 days later, the re-pot in a 10/11 inch pot 2/3 inches deeper.

Then take the light up 4 inches or so, and watch it take off... its what i did and got great results, a touch over 140g from one plant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    nice mk there! good work
    Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Looking good dude, this is going to be a bit controversial, but you'll have to trust me, i done it on my MK.

Top the plant right now, its begging for it lol, then chop the bottom 1/3 of the leaves off 7 days later, the re-pot in a 10/11 inch pot 2/3 inches deeper.

Then take the light up 4 inches or so, and watch it take off... its what i did and got great results, a touch over 140g from one plant.
    I topped it just now i've been planning on doing it for a while just wasn't sure when. I got a nice clean cut on some very new new growth so hopefully i'll see a response from the plant in a few days.

I sort of understand the trimming off of a few of the bottom leaves- if i cut the ones that aren't getting any light the energy will go to growing elsewhere (?) but why do i need to repot again? It's already in a 10 inch pot and i doubt it's root bound, i was planning on that being the final pot.

Thanks
    Cheese

Thanks

Whoops didn't see it was in a large pot already!

The guy at my local growshop told me to cut the bottom 1/3 of the leaves off, as the energy will go to the top of the plant, where you want it, and it really does work, minimises the little tiny buds you get nearer the bottom of the plant.
    Last edited by JPS; 25-04-08 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks

Whoops didn't see it was in a large pot already!

The guy at my local growshop told me to cut the bottom 1/3 of the leaves off, as the energy will go to the top of the plant, where you want it, and it really does work, minimises the little tiny buds you get nearer the bottom of the plant.
    Sick. I'll do that in a week when my plant has gotten around the topping. I think my top was more of a FIM anyway as i haven't left 2 growth shoots i cut right at the base of the brand new growth.

I have a feeling it'll be a pretty decent size in 3 weeks when i come to budding it.

Thanks mate.

Thanks

Cool mate looking good, anything you need just PM me

Thanks

This is looking good. nice and healthy. How many nodes did it have when you topped. I'm looking to top my next grow and I was reading the best time is when they have 4 or 5 leaf sets. I topped my cloned lemon stinky that I'm turning into a mother, and it got 3 colas. It's interesting experimenting.

Thanks

Looking nice and healthy there cheese.

Looking forward to seeing how she grows out.

Good luck mate.

Thanks

its what i did and got great results, a touch over 140g from one plant.

dry weight?

This lil bugger looks grand! she will make you proud im sure man!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast